Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dimples » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Would only back 6 players to last the duration of Pep's reign.
All 6 can have the potential to be world class.

Two will be given a chance to prove themselves because:
Mangala: has pace, strength, anticipation and is realatively young at 25
Sterling: has pace, great vision and youth

Four are nailed on: Hart, KDB, Nacho, Aguero

Would not back anybody else in the current squad to be in place 3 years from now.

Transfer targets will be in positions that are not covered by the above.
I guess first order of priority will be: Yaya replacement and full backs.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Dimples wrote:Would only back 6 players to last the duration of Pep's reign.
All 6 can have the potential to be world class.

Two will be given a chance to prove themselves because:
Mangala: has pace, strength, anticipation and is realatively young at 25
Sterling: has pace, great vision and youth

Four are nailed on: Hart, KDB, Nacho, Aguero

Would not back anybody else in the current squad to be in place 3 years from now.

Transfer targets will be in positions that are not covered by the above.
I guess first order of priority will be: Yaya replacement and full backs.

That's mainly due to the age profile of our squad though surely? A younger Silva, Zabba, Fernandhino would have s good chance of being here in three years time. Pep came a little too late for them.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:39 pm

'That's mainly due to the age profile of our squad though surely? A younger Silva, Zabba, Fernandhino would have s good chance of being here in three years time. Pep came a little too late for them.'

Yes - father time is the enemy for them. A young Silva playing on a Pep team - Carlsberg moment.
The one I am really looking forward to watching is KDB - could be special.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Suarez is a despicable man. Why would anyone want to sign him is beyond me.
If he was heads and shoulders above anyone else I would get the discussion but he isn't.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Suarez?

I'd have taken him in a heartbeat two years ago but at 29 he is not worth the money it would take to sign him now. Neymar would be the better value now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:Suarez?

I'd have taken him in a heartbeat two years ago but at 29 he is not worth the money it would take to sign him now. Neymar would be the better value now

Also, I would promote Iheanacho rather than sign Neymar and strengthen elsewhere to be honest
nottsblue

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Alaba would be an absolute quality signing. One of the best players in the world, although doesn't get mentioned due to his position. Best full back by a long shot and I've seen him boss games in central midfield as well. Think Essien, before he got injured and went shit
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Alaba would be an absolute quality signing. One of the best players in the world, although doesn't get mentioned due to his position. Best full back by a long shot and I've seen him boss games in central midfield as well. Think Essien, before he got injured and went shit

Agree. Though the chances of Bayern selling to us are remote to zero
nottsblue

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Alaba would be an absolute quality signing. One of the best players in the world, although doesn't get mentioned due to his position. Best full back by a long shot and I've seen him boss games in central midfield as well. Think Essien, before he got injured and went shit

Agree. Though the chances of Bayern selling to us are remote to zero

The chances of Pep joining us was zero according to Ruminiger.......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:31 pm

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 pm

PeterParker wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35595510?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Fuck me.

Can they get Yaya or Nasri?

Yaya's agent is playing it cool.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:We aren't selling Raheem because we need English players on the squad list. If by some miracle we got Neymar, Sterling would rotate with our other attacking mids like he is already.

i cant see Sterling ever starting for Pep in big matches unless there are injuries to the squad or he vastly, vastly improves. he's basically Navas right now.

You don't think Pep had any say in our pursuit of Sterling then?

Basically Navas? He's already scored more goals in his first season with the club than Navas has done since signing in 13/14.

if he did, which is likely, then he probably okayed the move based on potential which is what everyone did. i dont think anyone thought Sterling was worth that much or was close to being as good as the price tag made him out to be (of course the English aspect raised it too). that being said, i dont understand how anyone can think he's been a success this season. obviously he hasn't been a failure but i dont think he's been a success. my thought was that when Pep gets some players in and combines them with who he keeps from this current City side Sterling will be coming off the bench. just my thought.

as for the Navas quip, that was more about being basically all pace and energy. yes he's scored some goals (aside from Sevilla how many of them were vs. shit opponents?) but he has looked absolutely toothless in the attacking third.

not saying he should be sold or that he will never improve. all im saying is that based on current form i find it hard to believe he will turn into the type of player Pep wants and trusts to be in his starting 11 vs. big sides. again, Sterling could improve drastically next season and prove me completely wrong; heck, i want that to happen.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:09 am

phips wrote:
phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:We aren't selling Raheem because we need English players on the squad list. If by some miracle we got Neymar, Sterling would rotate with our other attacking mids like he is already.

i cant see Sterling ever starting for Pep in big matches unless there are injuries to the squad or he vastly, vastly improves. he's basically Navas right now.

Basically Navas? He's already scored more goals in his first season with the club than Navas has done since signing in 13/14.

if he did, which is likely, then he probably okayed the move based on potential which is what everyone did. i dont think anyone thought Sterling was worth that much or was close to being as good as the price tag made him out to be (of course the English aspect raised it too). that being said, i dont understand how anyone can think he's been a success this season. obviously he hasn't been a failure but i dont think he's been a success. my thought was that when Pep gets some players in and combines them with who he keeps from this current City side Sterling will be coming off the bench. just my thought.

as for the Navas quip, that was more about being basically all pace and energy. yes he's scored some goals (aside from Sevilla how many of them were vs. shit opponents?) but he has looked absolutely toothless in the attacking third.

not saying he should be sold or that he will never improve. all im saying is that based on current form i find it hard to believe he will turn into the type of player Pep wants and trusts to be in his starting 11 vs. big sides. again, Sterling could improve drastically next season and prove me completely wrong; heck, i want that to happen.

No one is suggesting he's been a success, he's had a reasonable start to his City career though, his numbers back this up especially when you consider he's playing in a side struggling for form. I wasn't really expecting much more from a 21 year old tbh.

I expect him to be a regular under Pep much in the way Pedro was in his Barca side.
I'll come back to this next season Phips and we'll see.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ruralblue » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:17 am

phips wrote:
phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I'll come back to this next season Phips and we'll see.

If you need a hand using the search function!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:19 am

lol
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:18 pm

phips wrote:

He's also 20 years old with far more potential than Navas has at this point. He needs to improve, surely, to have a chance to start more when Pep comes, but actually he is very much a Pep-like player since he does well going both ways on the pitch.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:35 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:

He was worth the price since that's what the market dictated. He is English, we needed more English players who we are willing to play regularly in the side and to get younger. He also has the potential to become world class, and we likely weren't his first choice destination, Premier League teams pay higher rates now with all of the money in the league, and we are one of the richest clubs in the world, so we also pay a premium.

When folks keep repeating the price was not what he was worth, it's as if you suggest we have no clue how to spend on players. It's called taking a risk that you think is worth it, and can afford it. The same applies to Mangala.

If we didn't fork out that money for Sterling then he stays at Liverpool and/or goes to Arsenal or Chelsea, both rumoured to be interested, as was he. We needed a pacey more direct player, which so many of us identified last season as well. The prices for players now are what they are for reasons. Was 29 year old recent big money move flop Jackson Martinez worth £32m or 28 year old Ramires £27m?

We paid £30m or something like that for Fernandinho at 28, actually but I don't hear any complaints about that now, yet more than a few of our fans were not pleased with the money spent.

My take? Why care so much about the cost of players? It's not your money. I trust our chairman, Txiki and Soriano to know how to manage the club and the money we use in the transfer market, even when they flop. We are not careless spenders and one of, if not the best, run team in the world right now, so goes how we continue to jump up in popularity and financial growth compared to our rivals.

Sterling may come of the bench next year, yes. So he will have to fight for his place in the side. He had to know that coming to a club such as ours. He wanted that to get a chance to play with and become the best. It's far too soon to act like he is going to become the next Balo.

P.S. - You can even balance the money spent on Sterling with the ridiculously low fee we paid of £8m for Delph.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:20 pm

not sure why you got so hung up on the price bit..that was a throwaway line i just tossed in. i dont care that he cost that much. i was merely implying that he was purchased for potential and that his price tag wasn't indicative of him being very good at the time.

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'll come back to this next season Phips and we'll see.

like i said, i hope you do. i hope im proved wrong because that would mean Sterling would've improved and in doing so would've also improved City. im not afraid to be wrong. heck, look at my sig and see the difference in my opinion of Fern between Shakhtar and Man City.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Put it on the other thread, Alex Nimely signed with Timisoara, the ex team of Pantilimon.

2 year contract, but if they go down, he is free in the summer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

phips wrote:not sure why you got so hung up on the price bit..that was a throwaway line i just tossed in. i dont care that he cost that much. i was merely implying that he was purchased for potential and that his price tag wasn't indicative of him being very good at the time.

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'll come back to this next season Phips and we'll see.

like i said, i hope you do. i hope im proved wrong because that would mean Sterling would've improved and in doing so would've also improved City. im not afraid to be wrong. heck, look at my sig and see the difference in my opinion of Fern between Shakhtar and Man City.

You're already wrong. Sterling is our third top scorer this season in all comps.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum