Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Slim wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:The back and forth between us and United and Real Madrid with Juve over Bonucci and Pogba, is really quite amusing. You could also argue Arsenal and Napoli also playing games with Juve too.

- We want Bonucci. Juve sets £50m price tag. We offer less which gets turn down because don't want to pay that fee.
- United and probably Real Madrid want Pogba, he wants £13m a season and Juve want £100m, rumour comes out United ready to pay both and meet with Pogba's agent but sounds like he doesn't want to go to United anyway.
- All quiet on Bonucci for a week, Pogba possibly to United is a constant #1 transfer story in the media (of course)
- Juve allegedly ready to pay £79m release fee to Napoli for Higuain, Arsenal try to offer Giroud + £50, which Juve turns down
- We are then supposedly offered Bonucci
- Zidane says he likes Pogba, but blah blah blah...papers report his words means they want him or they don't depending on which one you read
- Rumour comes out United set terms with Pogba and offer under £100, but with incentives to cover some of it. Pogba's agent says the initial story is bollocks that they agreed to join Utd, Juve allegedly want only the exact fee and no incentives to help.
- Italian media claims Juve says Bonucci is not being sold
- Hours later English media reports we met the asking price for Bonucci and are awaiting an answer

Keeping up?

Exhausted just reading all that.

Don't be straining your eyes like that. You should be looking after them.

I know you can't see, but I am glaring at your post right now...well, glaring in one eye, looking amazed in the other...cause it's stuck that way.

Gunner-Eye Slim has a kind of DJ ring to it. You should stick with it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Slim wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:The back and forth between us and United and Real Madrid with Juve over Bonucci and Pogba, is really quite amusing. You could also argue Arsenal and Napoli also playing games with Juve too.

- We want Bonucci. Juve sets £50m price tag. We offer less which gets turn down because don't want to pay that fee.
- United and probably Real Madrid want Pogba, he wants £13m a season and Juve want £100m, rumour comes out United ready to pay both and meet with Pogba's agent but sounds like he doesn't want to go to United anyway.
- All quiet on Bonucci for a week, Pogba possibly to United is a constant #1 transfer story in the media (of course)
- Juve allegedly ready to pay £79m release fee to Napoli for Higuain, Arsenal try to offer Giroud + £50, which Juve turns down
- Zidane says he likes Pogba, but blah blah blah...papers report his words means they want him or they don't depending on which one you read
- Rumour comes out United set terms with Pogba and offer under £100, but with incentives to cover some of it. Pogba's agent says the initial story is bollocks that they agreed to join Utd, Juve allegedly want only the exact fee and no incentives to help.
- Hours later English media reports we met the asking price for Bonucci and are awaiting an answer

Keeping up?

I know you can't see, but I am glaring at your post right now...well, glaring in one eye, looking amazed in the other...cause it's stuck that way.

Sounds like Marty Feldman
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Slim wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Keeping up?

Eh you guys!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Seems that the Aubameyang saga has resurfaced.

Probably made up

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/manchester-city-in-advanced-talks-over-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-transfer-6025570/

Manchester City are reportedly in advanced talks over a stunning transfer move for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Borussia Dortmund forward was one of the top performing attacking players in Europe last season, scoring 39 goals in all competitions.
Man City in advanced talks to sign world class goal machine
Rumour Mill: our round-up of football gossip, rumours and speculation

This has since seen him linked with a host of elite European sides, and City are now believed to be working on a deal.

In what would likely be a club-record signing for the Premier League giants, City have hope of luring Aubameyang to the Etihad Stadium as he seemingly wants out of Dortmund, according to the Daily Express.

Manager Pep Guardiola has already brought in Nolito to strengthen his attack this summer, but could be eyeing Aubameyang as an alternative to Leroy Sane, with lengthy negotiations over the Schalke winger appearing to lead nowhere.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:Seems that the Aubameyang saga has resurfaced.

Probably made up

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/manchester-city-in-advanced-talks-over-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-transfer-6025570/

Manchester City are reportedly in advanced talks over a stunning transfer move for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Borussia Dortmund forward was one of the top performing attacking players in Europe last season, scoring 39 goals in all competitions.

This has since seen him linked with a host of elite European sides, and City are now believed to be working on a deal.

In what would likely be a club-record signing for the Premier League giants, City have hope of luring Aubameyang to the Etihad Stadium as he seemingly wants out of Dortmund, according to the Daily Express.

Manager Pep Guardiola has already brought in Nolito to strengthen his attack this summer, but could be eyeing Aubameyang as an alternative to Leroy Sane, with lengthy negotiations over the Schalke winger appearing to lead nowhere.

Was just thinking the other day about the Aubameyang transfer rumours and how it had all died a death very quickly after the rumour had surfaced. Be more than happy for this to happen rather than Leroy Sane.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:08 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
blues2win wrote:Juve have spent so much money you have to assume the sale of Pogba to the scum is pretty well nailed on. Latest the huge sum for Higuain.

Hope its to Real though.
They dont seem to want Morata or James. Those 2 sales would more than cover a Pogba purchase.

Or Kroos, but James to Utd could help them with landing Pogba. Problem is James doesn't want to go there nor leave Madrid, I hear.

We have a better shot at convincing Kroos to come.

The Rags don't want James. They want Pogba....,James is s completely different type. Juve won't turn down £100m so it looks like the Rags will get him, though they have paid a massive price for letting him go in the first place.

They want Pogba, but James is probably one of their backup options if that falls through. I read within the last day or so they offered Real Madrid something like £50m for him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Spurge » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Seems that the Aubameyang saga has resurfaced.

Probably made up

Was just thinking the other day about the Aubameyang transfer rumours and how it had all died a death very quickly after the rumour had surfaced. Be more than happy for this to happen rather than Leroy Sane.

Don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed if this is on again but not instead of Sane. He looks to me like he could be something exceptional and I'd love to see us close the deal for Sane asap.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:04 pm

The Aubameyang rumour could be in part due to trying to get Shalke to lower the fee for Sanè.

Meanwhile Juve want 120m Euros for Pogba, after Utd's last offer was 110m. Amazing. You could probably buy almost two World Class players for that price.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:37 pm

PrezIke wrote:The Aubameyang rumour could be in part due to trying to get Shalke to lower the fee for Sanè.

Meanwhile Juve want 120m Euros for Pogba, after Utd's last offer was 110m. Amazing. You could probably buy almost two World Class players for that price.

If that is true juventus really are taking the piss..but thats fine by me...they can take the piss out of those cunts all day long. I think they've forgotten what they are actually bidding for..woowoo is on ebay with his ninja bidding, paying 970 quid for an xbox box
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Wijnaldum cost what 7m or 9m last year, did fuck all and now goes for 25. I rate klopp as a coach but what's he like with a checkbook...
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:47 am

LoveCityHateUtd wrote:Wijnaldum cost what 7m or 9m last year, did fuck all and now goes for 25. I rate klopp as a coach but what's he like with a checkbook...

25m for someone who never turned up for matches south of the Tyne, by all accounts.

Lets hope he at least transfers that disability to the Mersey
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:32 am

john@staustell wrote:
LoveCityHateUtd wrote:Wijnaldum cost what 7m or 9m last year, did fuck all and now goes for 25. I rate klopp as a coach but what's he like with a checkbook...

25m for someone who never turned up for matches south of the Tyne, by all accounts.

Lets hope he at least transfers that disability to the Mersey

Charlie Adam MkII
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:40 am

He was 15 last year.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:12 am

Dubciteh wrote:

He was 15 last year.

Jaysus! £25m for a 16 year old! market's gone crazy.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Seriously dispiriting to see Bony, Kolarov, Yaya, Willy, Fernando, Navas, Mangala, Nasri, Zuculini, Delph etc all still hanging about like bad smells.We know the next levels for them are all lower ones. Appalling transfer business and contract management.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Seriously dispiriting to see Bony, Kolarov, Yaya, Willy, Fernando, Navas, Mangala, Nasri, Zuculini, Delph etc all still hanging about like bad smells.We know the next levels for them are all lower ones. Appalling transfer business and contract management.

I have to agree.

If we don't have a couple of new players until the 5th of august and no one goes, we might have some problems. Look at Mario, saw a picture with the reserves of Scouse.

Balotelli cannot find a team. Imagine that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Seriously dispiriting to see Bony, Kolarov, Yaya, Willy, Fernando, Navas, Mangala, Nasri, Zuculini, Delph etc all still hanging about like bad smells.We know the next levels for them are all lower ones. Appalling transfer business and contract management.

I have to agree.

If we don't have a couple of new players until the 5th of august and no one goes, we might have some problems. Look at Mario, saw a picture with the reserves of Scouse.

Hmm..are some of those players those we absolutely need to get rid of?

Fernando, Delph, Nasri could be staying and useful. Sounds like Pep wants to try and convert Delph into a defender, and Nasri is a very good squad player to have around. Navas would not be a bad squad player either who I could also see converted into a Wing Back type. There are other clubs interested in all of them surely. Wages are an issue for some of them, but it's not as bad as used to be.

Bony could go to Everton as part exchange for Stones. Kolarov will find someone willing to take him, as he does have some skill of use. Mangala as well, and is still young enough. Zuculini...who cares? He will go on loan or be sold. Willy may not be so bad as a backup as we are seeing, and Yaya could be a strictly attacking mid so not so much need to track back (i.e. Kroos, or Silva btw).

We seem to be working more on trying to not have to just get rid of players too far below their value, and have Pep get a good look at them in training and in some of these friendlies.

A good number of those, I'd say about half, will surely be shown the door as options open up after things are decided with Pogba, especially. I think that's the big shoe waiting to drop that will set the market on fire.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:59 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I have to agree.

Hmm..are some of those players those we absolutely need to get rid of?

Fernando, Delph, Nasri could be staying and useful. Sounds like Pep wants to try and convert Delph into a defender, and Nasri is a very good squad player to have around. Navas would not be a bad squad player either who I could also see converted into a Wing Back type. There are other clubs interested in all of them surely. Wages are an issue for some of them, but it's not as bad as used to be.

Bony could go to Everton as part exchange for Stones. Kolarov will find someone willing to take him, as he does have some skill of use. Mangala as well, and is still young enough. Zuculini...who cares? He will go on loan or be sold. Willy may not be so bad as a backup as we are seeing, and Yaya could be a strictly attacking mid so not so much need to track back (i.e. Kroos, or Silva btw).

We seem to be working more on trying to not have to just get rid of players too far below their value, and have Pep get a good look at them in training and in some of these friendlies.

A good number of those, I'd say about half, will surely be shown the door as options open up after things are decided with Pogba, especially. I think that's the big shoe waiting to drop that will set the market on fire.

He wants convert delph into a defender!! If true that leaves us currently with fern 1&2, yaya and gundo. That's not enough. Not by a long shot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm

In the news papers what can be believed regarding transfers?
Probably very little.
So I take all these targets with a pinch of salt, including Rags in that also.

Having said that, there seems to be something holding up deals.
For example, We badly need cover for Vinny but nobody here yet.
Rags seem to be stalled re their 4th mystery signing.

Probably a mixture of selling clubs do not want to sell their best players, premium being demanded because we are mega rich MC and the sellers reckon the new high profile manager's targets must be bought
and everybody (agents, players, clubs) with their snouts in the trough to get as big a slice as possible of the extra TV money.

Suspect that the stand offs will be resolved before the season starts as clubs will be forced to sell unhappy players
and also not risk walking away from the bags of money currently sitting on the table.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

He was 15 last year.

Jaysus! £25m for a 16 year old! market's gone crazy.

That's how I read it.

It took me so long to spell his name I couldn't be bothered to check the fee.
But £14.4m, can't see how it went up at all after poor season.
Will the press ever point out how much Liverpool have spent on 2nd rate players in the last 5 years.
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum