Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:40 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
PrezIke wrote:The Sun claiming we've agreed to a fee with Dortmund for Gündogan for £30m and will announce it after the season is finished.

As always, The Sun and other garbage UK papers don't know the difference between € and £ or make that mistake on purpose, ahem.

Major German outlets such as kicker and Ruhrnachrichten (close to Dortmund) proclaim this as a done deal worth in the region of €25-30m (£20-24m).

Would be a decent piece of business for a very classy player.

well if it is a done deal at 24M euros you can bet the English media will add his 5 years of wages on to make the headline "City spunk 50M on Dortmund sicknote"

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:
PrezIke wrote:The Sun claiming we've agreed to a fee with Dortmund for Gündogan for £30m and will announce it after the season is finished.

As always, The Sun and other garbage UK papers don't know the difference between € and £ or make that mistake on purpose, ahem.

Major German outlets such as kicker and Ruhrnachrichten (close to Dortmund) proclaim this as a done deal worth in the region of €25-30m (£20-24m).

Would be a decent piece of business for a very classy player.

well if it is a done deal at 24M euros you can bet the English media will add his 5 years of wages on to make the headline "City spunk 50M on Dortmund sicknote"

cheers

Sun/Daily Mail will report it as 3,761,920,777 rupees since our owners are a bunch of foreign towel heads
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels is not ruling out a return to Bayern Munich, his father has said, nor a move to Manchester City.

Hermann Hummels told a number of publications that his son, 27, is open to prolonging his stay at Dortmund but said that Bayern, City, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United are also viable options.

The Germany international, who joined BVB from Bayern as a 19-year-old in 2008, has said he is weighing up his options with his contract at the Westfalenstadion due to expire in 2017.

Hummels considered a move to United last season and continues to be linked with Barcelona but, following Dortmund's 3-0 DFB Pokal semifinal win at Hertha on Wednesday, rumours of a potential return to his old club have gathered pace.

Speaking to various publications on Thursday, Hummels Sr., who acts as the player's agent, did not rule out a transfer back to the Allianz Arena.

"We don't rule out anything -- not a switch to Barcelona nor one to Bayern Munich," Hermann Hummels, who worked for Bayern as a scout and youth coach until he was sacked in 2012, said in Bild.

"When you have a junkyard car and get a Mercedes then the decision is an easy one, but when you are already driving a Mercedes then it's much more difficult."

In kicker magazine, he added: "Mats wants to achieve his sporting ambitions and only six, seven clubs come into question."

He cited both Madrid clubs, Barca, Chelsea, United, City and Bayern but added: "Borussia Dortmund is among those clubs as well. That's a real compliment for BVB. Dortmund is something big for Mats."

However, Hummels Sr. told SID on Friday that he had not singled out Bayern as a potential destination for his son and that they were just one of a number of viable options.

"I would not even do that if we were in concrete talks," he said. "I have said that Mats might want to play at another top club. I was then asked whether FC Bayern was one. I said that if I say Bayern are not part of it, I'd ridicule myself."

On Friday, Bild reported that Bayern are already negotiating with Hummels and that the transfer fee would exceed €30 million.

On a potential move to City, Hummels Sr. said: "Manchester City could also be interesting. They haven't played that well this season, but they will win the title next year. They will get one of the best managers [Pep Guardiola] in the world."

Bayern boss Guardiola, who is moving to City in the summer, said on Friday at a news conference when asked about Hummels: "That's not a question for me."

Bayern press officer Markus Horwick added: "Mats Hummels is a player of Borussia Dortmund. He is under contract. You have to respect that."

Despite speculation of a Hummels exit, Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel said on Friday that he is convinced he will have a "powerful squad" next season.

Meanwhile, Dortmund continue to be linked with a move for highly rated Rennes forward Ousmane Dembele.

The 18-year-old's agent this week denied claims he had already agreed a move to BVB, kicker reported on Friday that they hope to seal a deal as soon as possible.

Local paper Ruhr Nachrichten, meanwhile, added that personal terms in principle with the France under-21 international have already been agreed.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2855925/boru ... ove-father
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:34 pm

So to sum up, his contract is up for renewal and all those tempting destinations are mentioned to try and get a better deal for him - been there heard it all before.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:01 pm

Dameerto wrote:So to sum up, his contract is up for renewal and all those tempting destinations are mentioned to try and get a better deal for him - been there heard it all before.

This time around is different some are saying by those in more of the know with German football. Dortmund's potential lack of ability to win trophies, after collapsing against Liverpool, has allegedly left some key players seriously considering their options now. Hummels was the first one mentioned and in some detail by Raphel Honigstein.

Being a ball playing defender is something Pep would surely like. His lack of pace might be off putting though.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Wouldnt that be great? Hummels and Kompany. Better have good backups because those two will for sure be injured often.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:22 am

Hummels is class. I would buy him in a heartbeat.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

hope we're not buying a sicknote in Gundogan. he's out yet again...could just be cautious rest against a poor club though.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:34 am

phips wrote:hope we're not buying a sicknote in Gundogan. he's out yet again...could just be cautious rest against a poor club though.

Hey, keep us updated.

Thanks
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Never seen more than Steady Eddy in this Gundogan bloke.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby bigblue » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:21 pm

phips wrote:hope we're not buying a sicknote in Gundogan. he's out yet again...could just be cautious rest against a poor club though.

hope we do buy him and Dortmund get relegted
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Would you like Dortmund to sell the sick note?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:06 pm

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foo ... 739045.ece

Manchester City have opened talks with Borussia Dortmund over İlkay Gündoğan, informing the Bundesliga side that they are prepared to pay €18 million (£13.95 million) with a further €5m (£3.88m) depending on performances.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:08 pm

PrezIke wrote:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4739045.ece

Manchester City have opened talks with Borussia Dortmund over İlkay Gündoğan, informing the Bundesliga side that they are prepared to pay €18 million (£13.95 million) with a further €5m (£3.88m) depending on performances.

Tapped up proper big club barca Madrid Bayern rags style. Lol. If we pay that little then we're laughing.

Whole nother level with Pep I'm sure in terms of recruiting and transfer fees.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
PrezIke wrote:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4739045.ece

Tapped up proper big club barca Madrid Bayern rags style. Lol. If we pay that little then we're laughing.

Whole nother level with Pep I'm sure in terms of recruiting and transfer fees.

I think we are right to do that.

The only player that left Dortmund and made a mark was Lewandovski. The others were, let”s say, flops.

Sahin - injury prone
Gotze - injury prone
Kagawa - injury prone
Kuba - injury prone.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Well now, so much for not crossing over. Guardian reporting Bayern are in talks with Dortmund about Hummels.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Rumours also flying about that United looking to spend £46m (€60m) on 18 year old Renato Sanches from Benfica
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:51 pm

PrezIke wrote:Rumours also flying about that United looking to spend £46m (€60m) on 18 year old Renato Sanches from Benfica

Let them have him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Looks like we might be interested in Dortmund's 17 year old Christian Pulisic along with Liverpool and Real Madrid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... lisic.html
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:52 am

JamieMCFC wrote:Looks like we might be interested in Dortmund's 17 year old Christian Pulisic along with Liverpool and Real Madrid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... lisic.html

He's arguably the best prospect out of the U.S. ever and basically come out of "nowhere", say compared to Adu who was overhyped at 14, while Pulisic is already getting games and making an impact on a top side in a top league.

Youngest player ever to score now in the Bundesliga a few days ago, and then scored a poachers goal again in the next game. Impressed from what I have seen thus far, and will get his chance to show himself a bit this summer on our crap American national team at Copa America. Would be pleased, somewhat non-objectively, if we signed him. He plays in Germany so of course Pep is aware, and Klopp as well more so since he was their manager last season, and has connections I am sure, while Madrid just target whoever is the flavour of the month.

I think it's more likely another season before he possibly moves.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum