Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 am

phips wrote:seems like Nolito always plays on the left so he can cut in on his right.
direct competition for Sterling with Kevin in the middle and Silva "on the right"?

Doubt it with Silva, Pep likes pace on the flanks.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:34 am

Griezmann has signed an extension until 2021. He will be 30 then so he is off the radar.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:53 am

Wonderwall wrote:Griezmann has signed an extension until 2021. He will be 30 then so he is off the radar.

Great news for AM. Loyalty the same as Laporte with Bilbao.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Can't find this anywhere on here but looks like we are selling Seko Fofano to Udinese??

It won' t let me copy and paste........... http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/06/23/ ... se/291819/?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby phips » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Griezmann has signed an extension until 2021. He will be 30 then so he is off the radar.

why is 30 the death knell? with medicine these days and how athletes take care of themselves 30 shouldn't be that bad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:41 pm

phips wrote:

why is 30 the death knell? with medicine these days and how athletes take care of themselves 30 shouldn't be that bad.

There's still a drop off around there, it's a just a genetic fact of life. Especially for those players who smoke/drink regularly.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:

There's still a drop off around there, it's a just a genetic fact of life. Especially for those players who smoke/drink regularly.

bull shit
i love a tab and drink and am as fit as i was in my early 20s....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:

bull shit

i don't enjoy smoking or drinking...and i'm in the worst shape of my life. Perhaps i should stop drinking...and smoking when i drink?

i dunno.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:

bull shit

That's what you get for bunking off from PE lessons.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Or just boosting his price for a sale to a richer club next summer.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Going back to Dimitri Payet, he maybe 29, but not a lot of miles on the clock. 400 odd games.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Juve want €120m for Pogba and he wants €13m a season. Compared to top paid athletes in professional American sport I am sometimes amazed at how low the wages are for top players in football.

A baseball player I have barely heard of, Giancarlo Stanton, is making about ($25m) £17m a season over 13 years ($325m) £222m. Some other baseball players earn even more per year ($31m) £21m, but just not over as many years.
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:

bull shit

i don't enjoy smoking or drinking...and i'm in the worst shape of my life. Perhaps i should stop drinking...and smoking when i drink?

i dunno.

cheers

I wasn't aware that either of you were professional footballers, I learn something new every day.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:28 pm

PrezIke wrote:Juve want €120m for Pogba and he wants €13m a season. Compared to top paid athletes in professional American sport I am sometimes amazed at how low the wages are for top players in football.

A baseball player I have barely heard of, Giancarlo Stanton, is making about ($25m) £17m a season over 13 years ($325m) £222m. Some other baseball players earn even more per year ($31m) £21m, but just not over as many years.

It's true. I've been saying it for years. Now admittedly the revenue from the Prem has lagged some American sports by 30-40% but that gap is closing.

If Pogba was an NBA player he'd have a max contract that paid him $25m a year and endorsements which earned another 1/2 of that p.a. Easy peasy.

If I were the Sheik I'd pay that without flinching. Football is odd. Esp now with all the billionaires owning clubs. The upside is there as City have shown when you get your cock and balls out and invest in some shit.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Juve want €120m for Pogba and he wants €13m a season. Compared to top paid athletes in professional American sport I am sometimes amazed at how low the wages are for top players in football.

It's true. I've been saying it for years. Now admittedly the revenue from the Prem has lagged some American sports by 30-40% but that gap is closing.

If Pogba was an NBA player he'd have a max contract that paid him $25m a year and endorsements which earned another 1/2 of that p.a. Easy peasy.

If I were the Sheik I'd pay that without flinching. Football is odd. Esp now with all the billionaires owning clubs. The upside is there as City have shown when you get your cock and balls out and invest in some shit.

Cheers

Word. To be fair, one key difference might very well be due to the way players move in international football. Top players don't often leave on free transfers so fees involved with buying players from another club would understandably lower their wages. Why players don't just see out their contracts and leave on a free transfer more often and demand big wages is an interesting phenomenon. If Pogba left as a "free agent" then he could earn far more than what he is allegedly demanding to move now.

Hence why I wonder why some do not "test" the "free agent market" and choose the club who offers him the most money/situation. Loyalty in sport as an athlete is overrated anyway if you ask me. Players are discarded by clubs the moment they are deemed surplus and/or "not good enough."
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:21 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Cheers

I'd prefer to buy Pogba at that than spend £45m on Stones and £40m on Sane. He would take the baton from Yaya and be the new Daddy in the Prem.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby foreverblue » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Cheers

But there are only 30 teams in MLB split across a population similar to England, France, Spain, Italy and Germany combined. In those top leagues there a total 98 teams. Then there is the fact that language really separates means that a max contract should really be more like a third of that of MLB. I havent forgotten about the Asian market but to be fair all I've seen is knock off kits.
foreverblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:00 pm

foreverblue wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Cheers

But there are only 30 teams in MLB split across a population similar to England, France, Spain, Italy and Germany combined. In those top leagues there a total 98 teams. Then there is the fact that language really separates means that a max contract should really be more like a third of that of MLB. I havent forgotten about the Asian market but to be fair all I've seen is knock off kits.

Serious question. Are you related to Hazy?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Wanyama signs for spuds. Seems an ok signing for them. Good defensive midfielder, but not much of a passer like most of the current spuds team
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 am

Brexit is going to hurt us down the road
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext