Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Nolito offers excellent movement. He's expert at creating little pockets of space against massed defences. Could be very valuable to us since so many teams play like that against us. Looks a bargain to be fair.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Spurge wrote:
blues2win wrote:Spanish station TV 3 says Nolito has accepted our offer and will sign.

More city sources replying the same on twitter the guardian also reporting that city are 'very hopeful ' of making nolito their next signing whilst others saying he will sign a deal worth €4 a season.

€4 a season is an absolute bargain, although isn't that below the minimum wage? ;) Rather than a Nasri /.Navas replacement does he not cover Bony's role, providing back up to Aguero & at his age not a long term bloke to Ian's continued development?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Spurge » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:53 am

Dunnylad wrote:
Spurge wrote:
blues2win wrote:Spanish station TV 3 says Nolito has accepted our offer and will sign.

More city sources replying the same on twitter the guardian also reporting that city are 'very hopeful ' of making nolito their next signing whilst others saying he will sign a deal worth €4 a season.

€4 a season is an absolute bargain, although isn't that below the minimum wage? ;) Rather than a Nasri /.Navas replacement does he not cover Bony's role, providing back up to Aguero & at his age not a long term bloke to Ian's continued development?

Ha ha yes what a difference an 'm' makes
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby spiny » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:53 am

Dameerto wrote:Navas could make a fullback/wingback at a push - and we need one of those on the right sooner rather than later.

This. Pace, stamina, tenacious, positional awareness. All the qualities needed. Could surprise everyone.
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby spiny » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 am

Navas has good movement and passing ability. His weakness has been a lack of end product. Pep could build on his strengths so like signing a new player.
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Navas has pace yet he never uses it! He often cuts back or he'll run with the ball alongside the defender and just hit the next defender along with his cross.

What's the point in having pace and not using it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Spurge wrote:

I need to see more of Nolito. He's been pretty second rate playing for Spain to be honest. But I reserve judgement.

Are we signing the fucker or not?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Mase wrote:Navas has pace yet he never uses it! He often cuts back or he'll run with the ball alongside the defender and just hit the next defender along with his cross.

He's one of our best counter attacking players when we get the ball back suddenly in our half, precisely because he uses his pace.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:Navas has pace yet he never uses it! He often cuts back or he'll run with the ball alongside the defender and just hit the next defender along with his cross.

He's one of our best counter attacking players when we get the ball back suddenly in our half, precisely because he uses his pace.

Plus Pep will change the dynamic of our attacks. Navas may well be an excellent option this season.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby bigblue » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 pm

blues2win wrote:Nolito offers excellent movement. He's expert at creating little pockets of space against massed defences. Could be very valuable to us since so many teams play like that against us. Looks a bargain to be fair.

https://streamable.com/zgca
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Not doubting you mate, but are you able to give me an instance where he's done so on a counter attack and it's created a decent chance from last season?

Not being a dick, I'm genuinely interested to see one.

I actually quite like Navas. He grafts his little arse off and works for the team. Covers back well. It's his end product that's the main issue.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 pm

I can barely remember what I had for lunch most days. Last season wasn't much of and example of anything to be honest though, team-wide. (In the league). Even our undisputed world class talent looked half assed for lots of the time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Dameerto wrote:I can barely remember what I had for lunch most days. Last season wasn't much of and example of anything to be honest though, team-wide. (In the league). Even our undisputed world class talent looked half assed for lots of the time.

You've turned orange! Maybe we will now finally get some order on here ;-)

And Mase, does 3:13 into this video count?

Watch on youtube.com
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:13 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I can barely remember what I had for lunch most days. Last season wasn't much of and example of anything to be honest though, team-wide. (In the league). Even our undisputed world class talent looked half assed for lots of the time.

Watch on youtube.com

Good shout. It would be good to see Pep improve his minor flaws, as like I've said, I actually quite like the guy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:13 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Didn't you know I was half Dutch? (Not really, just incase someone takes me seriously).
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:39 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Looks like an Oompa Loompa now.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Apparently Jack Byrne on loan to Blackburn next season. Is he any good?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:57 am

seems like Nolito always plays on the left so he can cut in on his right.
direct competition for Sterling with Kevin in the middle and Silva "on the right"?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:02 am

Mase wrote:Apparently Jack Byrne on loan to Blackburn next season. Is he any good?

I am a fan of Byrne and he has had an excellent season on loan. Blackburn will be a step in the right direction imo.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Two's Kompany » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:28 am

Mase wrote:Apparently Jack Byrne on loan to Blackburn next season. Is he any good?

From what I've seen a really good player, who I think has a real chance of 'making it' in the prem.
A loan in the championship might determine at which level?
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum