Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:55 pm

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:I'd love Payet, he's fantastic! As per Neymar rumours, him coming would mean the end of Nasri, and possibly Sterling, and I don't think I'd like to see Raheem move on just yet, I feel the lad has a lot to offer, I think people forget he's still young.

Okay, Neymar might be a little cunting shit with fucked hair but he's 10x the player Raheem is right now. And they could certainly play together no danger.

Neymar makes it easy to hate him, but he's a tasty little player who has shown in the last two tournaments that even an average side like Brasil has built around him can get great results almost solely on his back.

I'd love him at City.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'd have him, just so long as we kept the likes of Raheem, however, if Neymar did come in, I could see Raheem either playing off the striker, or on the bench as he would not dislodge KDB or Silva.
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:02 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
BoltFromTheBlue wrote:I'd love Payet, he's fantastic! As per Neymar rumours, him coming would mean the end of Nasri, and possibly Sterling, and I don't think I'd like to see Raheem move on just yet, I feel the lad has a lot to offer, I think people forget he's still young.

Okay, Neymar might be a little cunting shit with fucked hair but he's 10x the player Raheem is right now. And they could certainly play together no danger.

Neymar makes it easy to hate him, but he's a tasty little player who has shown in the last two tournaments that even an average side like Brasil has built around him can get great results almost solely on his back.

I'd love him at City.

But is he fit enough to play in England?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 pm

gillie wrote:
Slim wrote:I read the article from Busquets, yes fucking please.

I agree Busquets is just the sort of midfielder we have been missing all season imo.

We have been missing a horrible diving cheating twat?

No thanks, I'd rather lose with dignity.

That type of player without the diving etc would be a nice addition though.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Another Alaba rumour.

Pep Guardiola reportedly wants Bayern Munich defender David Alaba to join him at Manchester City.

Having agreed to takeover at the Etihad this summer, the 45-year-old is already eyeing transfer targets – and sees the full-back area as a priority according to the Daily Star.

Alaba is very versatile, being able to play at full-back, on the wing, in central midfield, or even as part of a back three.

However, it would be a pricey move for the Citizens, with the 23-year-old having two years left on his contract – and being rated at £40million.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:26 pm

PeterParker wrote:Another Alaba rumour.

Pep Guardiola reportedly wants Bayern Munich defender David Alaba to join him at Manchester City.

Having agreed to takeover at the Etihad this summer, the 45-year-old is already eyeing transfer targets – and sees the full-back area as a priority according to the Daily Star.

Alaba is very versatile, being able to play at full-back, on the wing, in central midfield, or even as part of a back three.

However, it would be a pricey move for the Citizens, with the 23-year-old having two years left on his contract – and being rated at £40million.

It's hard to know what to believe these days but he would suit us down to the ground.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Sign Suarez, fir 2 reasons, 1 he is brilliant 2 break up that front 3 at Barca who are unplayable.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:18 pm

i wouldn't be surprised at all to see us bring in a fullback or two - and a midfielder since I think Yaya will leave. (By bring in, I'm including players from our Academy as well, in case Pep fancies any of them)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:56 pm

We aren't selling Raheem because we need English players on the squad list. If by some miracle we got Neymar, Sterling would rotate with our other attacking mids like he is already.

The writing has been on the wall for Nasri as soon as we signed KDB.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm

We need more pace in the team all round and more pace of passing. Sterling is not the finished article but he does have pace and he's English. He'll surely stay. Nasri will likely leave. Navas has pace and is very hard working but there's not enough end product and I think he'll go too. We're not going to get any of the Barca front three IMO. Why would they want to leave? Alaba would be a fantastic addition in a position we desperately need strengthening and can play midfield too. We also need a couple of midfield players; a play maker and a defensive midfielder who can really cover the ground. I actually think Fernando is not a bad player at all but perhaps not good enough. MDM is off and Denayer might come in to the number four slot. The question is whether Mangala goes and I think he might. If so we'll be looking for a centre back. Again!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Sign Suarez, fir 2 reasons, 1 he is brilliant 2 break up that front 3 at Barca who are unplayable.

Nice idea but we don't need that.
Central midfield must be by far the biggest priority this summer. We all know about Yaya however Fern1 wont go on for ever either. If we don't act we will be very short in there.
After that a good look at the full backs, both sides, and a centre half.
Realistically we need 5.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:54 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Sign Suarez, fir 2 reasons, 1 he is brilliant 2 break up that front 3 at Barca who are unplayable.

Nice idea but we don't need that.
Central midfield must be by far the biggest priority this summer. We all know about Yaya however Fern1 wont go on for ever either. If we don't act we will be very short in there.
After that a good look at the full backs, both sides, and a centre half.
Realistically we need 5.

Centre-half not sure.

He's not going to ditch Vinnie. Keep him fit and he's ace. Otomendi for me should be his sidekick. Mangala is still young(ish) and should be given time to grow into the hole that Vinnie will leave when he's past it. Don't think there is a need to spend here at the moment if they handle the kids and Denayer properly so they are able to step in if disaster strikes.

Two of the fullbacks we currently have should be retained and two new ones signed, probably as first choice with Zabba and Kolorov as cover.

Centre mid has been our undoing so many times this season it is not funny. This should be the main focus.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby phips » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:25 pm

PrezIke wrote:We aren't selling Raheem because we need English players on the squad list. If by some miracle we got Neymar, Sterling would rotate with our other attacking mids like he is already.

i cant see Sterling ever starting for Pep in big matches unless there are injuries to the squad or he vastly, vastly improves. he's basically Navas right now.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:38 pm

phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:We aren't selling Raheem because we need English players on the squad list. If by some miracle we got Neymar, Sterling would rotate with our other attacking mids like he is already.

i cant see Sterling ever starting for Pep in big matches unless there are injuries to the squad or he vastly, vastly improves. he's basically Navas right now.

You don't think Pep had any say in our pursuit of Sterling then?

Basically Navas? He's already scored more goals in his first season with the club than Navas has done since signing in 13/14.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Suarez has said he will never come back unless it's to play for the scousers. Forget him and his stupid penalty routines.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Suarez has said he will never come back unless it's to play for the scousers. Forget him and his stupid penalty routines.

Things change WW

I once fitted into 32" waist jeans
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Give sterling a break he just turned 21, for crying out loud, he's not going to hit his peak at 21!!!

Not saying he's definitely going to be world class, up there with the Zidanes of this world, but give the chap a chance. He has a lot to learn and he will improve, how much he improves is up to him, but he seems to have the sence cop on and application to do it, he just needs the time.

Panicking and selling him would be something the swamp creatures would do, just like di Maria.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:47 pm

Suarez would fit with the Pep Idea forwards work for 90 mins and take the fight to anyone anywhere. As mush as I love Kun, Suarez is a footballer who makes teams tick.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Lee_R » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Suarez would fit with the Pep Idea forwards work for 90 mins and take the fight to anyone anywhere. As mush as I love Kun, Suarez is a footballer who makes teams tick.

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6jcSabzY5I
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Lee_R wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Suarez would fit with the Pep Idea forwards work for 90 mins and take the fight to anyone anywhere. As mush as I love Kun, Suarez is a footballer who makes teams tick.

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6jcSabzY5I

I hated him ,watched him last Sunday, oh my days unless that 3 gets broken up , the chances of beating them is slim.Just saying
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum