What would you take?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What would you take?

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:49 am

After the horror show yesterday and let's be honest, we haven't been firing for a while now, what can we expect from the season now?

We are obviously still in the hunt in all competitions. For how much longer we shall see. We are clearly not going to win all four or even three of them. Could we do a double of some sorts? One has to be the League Cup. Depending on how the results go next week, I am now wondering whether we'd be best putting a full side out against Chelsea in the FA cup if we have fallen further behind in the PL. Say we are 8 points behind, I personally think the PL is out of reach and given the odds between a CL or FA cup success I would have thought it far more likely to win the FA cup.

I don't particularly care for the CL myself for various reasons but fully appreciate that's the clubs number one priority. A semi final spot in the CL is the best we are likely to achieve, which to be fair is real progress, but I'd prefer to see two Wembley finals. Next week v Spuds may well shape how our season unfolds. Get turned over again and put in a performance both individually and collectively like yesterday and we have real problems. Teams will smell blood and suddenly top 4 is under threat. I don't think we will finish outside it as it goes, but equally, it's not the given it was two weeks ago.

First or second in the PL, the League cup and a semi final place in CL would get us out of jail and be a brilliant season. Is it likely? Who knows? Would you accept top 4 and thus CL next season and the League cup as satisfactory? I think at the moment I would, but football is a funny old game and things change quickly, for the better as well as for the worse. One thing is for sure, if we play like yesterday for even half the remaining games we will get nothing and be clapping
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: What would you take?

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:57 am

I'd take the CC and write off this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bluedj » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:10 am

nottsblue wrote:After the horror show yesterday and let's be honest, we haven't been firing for a while now, what can we expect from the season now?

We are obviously still in the hunt in all competitions. For how much longer we shall see. We are clearly not going to win all four or even three of them. Could we do a double of some sorts? One has to be the League Cup. Depending on how the results go next week, I am now wondering whether we'd be best putting a full side out against Chelsea in the FA cup if we have fallen further behind in the PL. Say we are 8 points behind, I personally think the PL is out of reach and given the odds between a CL or FA cup success I would have thought it far more likely to win the FA cup.

I don't particularly care for the CL myself for various reasons but fully appreciate that's the clubs number one priority. A semi final spot in the CL is the best we are likely to achieve, which to be fair is real progress, but I'd prefer to see two Wembley finals. Next week v Spuds may well shape how our season unfolds. Get turned over again and put in a performance both individually and collectively like yesterday and we have real problems. Teams will smell blood and suddenly top 4 is under threat. I don't think we will finish outside it as it goes, but equally, it's not the given it was two weeks ago.

First or second in the PL, the League cup and a semi final place in CL would get us out of jail and be a brilliant season. Is it likely? Who knows? Would you accept top 4 and thus CL next season and the League cup as satisfactory? I think at the moment I would, but football is a funny old game and things change quickly, for the better as well as for the worse. One thing is for sure, if we play like yesterday for even half the remaining games we will get nothing and be clapping

If we play like we did yesterday, I can see us winning sweet FA> I watched MOD this morning and make no mistake, Spurs are on fire and currently we'll do well to get anything out of the game on current form. Squad selection per game will be the key to the rest of the season. Will we win anything or miss top 4, likely. The team needs to grow some steel balls and passion!!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby blue scooter » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:26 am

no fight in the team yesterday. they weren't technicaly better than us they were on a different planet, and had the ability to fight for every thing .
the defence is a disgrace and we will hope vince comes back to save us but at 29 no future plans for a defence that is rocky .
ya ya is in his final season as for merlin well doesn't look intrested . sterling has shown what most scousers said about him hes a average player at best .
everyone has felt sorry for pelli but this is his team with no plan b or at the moment no plan a????????????????????
blue scooter
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: kompany

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:39 am

Anything above 4th place league wise
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dimples » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 pm

To me top 4 looks very very dodgy.

11 games left again'st teams with something to play for.
By that I mean the opposition will fight from start to finish in those games.
What about our players? Yesterday, with it all to play for they just folded - end of.

Several players know they are on their way come the end of the season.
If they don't match the opposition's appetite for battle we will drop a lot of points.
I think we will drop a lot of points.

Home:
Top 4 rivals: Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal
Premiership survival: Aston Villa, West Brom
Mid table: Stoke

Away:
Hatred: Liverpool, Chelsea
Premiership survival: Norwich, Bournemouth, Swansea, Newcastle
Mid table: Southhamton

I was very positive up until yesterday (even thought we had a shout in the CL - now I feel foolish about that). Not any more.
Yesterday when it got tough - the players did not have the heart to battle, I mean really battle.
Put it another way - I never saw a display like that from a team that included: Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Doyle, Booth, Book, Oakes, et al.

I hope this is an over reaction on my part to yesterday's mauling.
Top 4 - very didgy.
To me it looks like Pep's first target could be to get us a CL spot?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Dimples wrote:To me top 4 looks very very dodgy.

11 games left again'st teams with something to play for.
By that I mean the opposition will fight from start to finish in those games.
What about our players? Yesterday, with it all to play for they just folded - end of.

Several players know they are on their way come the end of the season.
If they don't match the opposition's appetite for battle we will drop a lot of points.
I think we will drop a lot of points.

Home:
Top 4 rivals: Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal
Premiership survival: Aston Villa, West Brom
Mid table: Stoke

Away:
Hatred: Liverpool, Chelsea
Premiership survival: Norwich, Bournemouth, Swansea, Newcastle
Mid table: Southhamton

I was very positive up until yesterday (even thought we had a shout in the CL - now I feel foolish about that). Not any more.
Yesterday when it got tough - the players did not have the heart to battle, I mean really battle.
Put it another way - I never saw a display like that from a team that included: Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Doyle, Booth, Book, Oakes, et al.

I hope this is an over reaction on my part to yesterday's mauling.
Top 4 - very didgy.
To me it looks like Pep's first target could be to get us a CL spot?

We haven't beaten a team in the top 6 all season and we have to play 4 of them in the run in, plus Chelsea. Not expecting 15 points from that lot for a start
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Any trophy and life will be good while we wait for Pep.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Mase wrote:I'd take the CC and write off this season.

yup. and top 3.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Ending ahead of the rags and getting top 4.
Winning the league cup would be a nice bonus.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby branny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Top 4. Anything else is a bonus.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:54 pm

It won't be too long before we're 5th. So top four would be the bonus.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:Ending ahead of the rags and getting top 4.

That plus league cup, it's a shit journey home from Wembley when we've lost, I've done it twice and I only live 25 miles away.

Cannot even imagine how it must have felt like for you guys heading back to Manc, at least I was home within the hour (and in the case of wigan game able to get dry clothes on).
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby budfox » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Any one of the four trophies we still have a chance to win, and a top four finish.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby branny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:02 pm

sheblue wrote:It won't be too long before we're 5th. So top four would be the bonus.

I'm hoping Kompany is back for good this time. That should give some of them the kick up the arse they need and keep 5th at arms length.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:13 pm

I would happily take someone bothering using one of the many state of the art video suites at our multi billion training complex and watching our games and making some attempt to see what is going so horribly wrong on the pitch. Same thing, week in and week out. You don't have to be good to beat us you just need to try a bit harder. I am still so angry about yesterday.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:14 pm

4th.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:33 pm

A new medical team and top four.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I would happily take someone bothering using one of the many state of the art video suites at our multi billion training complex and watching our games and making some attempt to see what is going so horribly wrong on the pitch. Same thing, week in and week out. You don't have to be good to beat us you just need to try a bit harder. I am still so angry about yesterday.

Freeze Frame and let the players explain...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Too many games left in league to think what i would take right now. Anythin can happen. I will take the CC end of this month and a draw in Kiev. After that see what happens.

What I want? The lot@

What I think will happen, CC, second to Leicester, out of FA Cup in this round and CL semi.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum