*** City v Leicester - official-match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City v Leicester - official-match thread***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Referee was not great, but I've seen worse. To blame that performance on refereeing decisions, is to put your head in the sand as to what has been happening all season.
It's true Leicester aren't great but they are a very good team. TEAM.
If you insist on giving teams like this the early goal that allows them set up as they would prefer, then you are always going to be chasing scraps.
We don't look like we have s plan and haven't done for quite a while. There's no drive, no cohesion, no leadership.
We do not look like we have a team capable of winning a league. Certainly not a fit one anyway. Too many of this bunch are either past it, were never up to it, never will be up to it, or just don't fancy it.
Pep will have his work cut out for him.
Our passing has gone to shite. I fear at least half of the ones you expect to stay do not have a football brain up to Pep's requirements.
We are always capable of one off performances but even those have not been up to the quality we saw a couple of seasons ago. We need leaders back on the park. Apart from Vinny, where is that going to come from.
Having said all that we've been in worse situations at later stages of the league before. Who knows. Either way there is a lot of clearing out to be done this summer.

Don't blame him at all, our lack of fight was our undoing. That said he was worse than not great, he was fucking awful in that first half. Every single 50/50 went their way, every time we broke he pulled us back for something or other. When we did manage to get away on a break they pulled out of us and kicked at ankles with impunity, thus slowing down any attack we tried to launch.

Like I said I'm not blaming him for the result but let's have it right, he was an absolute disgrace.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:40 pm

And people actually questioned why we got pep. Seven defeats before 7th Feb is shocking.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:proper flat-track bullies this lot this year

Our most impressive win this season (in terms of league position) across all domestic competitions is beating Watford away.

Let that fucking sink in.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:58 pm

sheblue wrote:That ref is a cunt, he is totally responsible for our attitude, determination and desire all of which he fucked up for us big time.
That cunt has us battling with the rags for fifth. Sack the ref.

I wouldn't go that far but the refereeing is getting to an impossible position where the lads are clearly conscious that it affects our game.

Today we had 66% possession and whilst they had 15 fouls to our 9 we both got 2 yellow cards each. Simpson and Morgan were allowed to go through the back if us at will and it was only when we basically had to stop playing and ask the question, then he took action.

This isn't just the PiGMOL or individual bias on part of the ref (Taylor obviously a Rag), this comes from above.

Having Pep come in won't have helped the cause, they'll want anybody but us winning it this year knowing that we will be there prominent force for years to come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bear60 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Can't believe people in here are pointing to the ref , we were very very poor in defence to the extent it was embarrassing we weren't good enough and credit to Leicester they took advantage and deserved to win. It's far from over but our defence needs seriously sorting from now onwards
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Just back. Depressing performance, depressing day and we got what we deserved which is nowt.

It seemed to me we were knackered from the start. It wasn't really a lack of effort ( although with 1 or 2 I am not so sure) but we seemed a yard of the pace and slow at decision making. Leicester crowded the ball and gave very little space and of course we kept losing the ball and they broke at pace.

I reckon if they had got their forward passing right we could have been looking at 5 or 6 never mind 3. The only player to get space for us was Kolarov but I reckon they let him have it because he was having such a mare. Couldn't cross a ball today.

No way was the ref to blame but I did think he was dreadful. Leicester werte very athletic and physical and got away with quite a few things.That time where he allowed play to go on after Kun was fouled was farcical. CXlearly worthy of a booking but he reasonably played on but when Kolarov got down the left we had nobody at all attacking the box never mind in it! And then he doesn't give the yellow I was sure he would. Very strange.

We have been saying it for a while but we get some results to keep us up there BUT4th place is no certainty unless we up our game. I think Spurs will kill us unless we play miles better and that will really set alarm bells ringing. I don't think it has anything to do with the Pep announcement but no doubt plenty ( the media) will say otherwise.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Bear60 wrote:Can't believe people in here are pointing to the ref , we were very very poor in defence to the extent it was embarrassing we weren't good enough and credit to Leicester they took advantage and deserved to win. It's far from over but our defence needs seriously sorting from now onwards

I think this is more a separate point from the game. We were miserable and our defence is absolutely shocking. We bomb forward and expose ourselves so much, it defies belief.

Pellers hasn't got a clue when it comes to defensive situations (not that I do) and to not have the discipline of a defensive screen with those 2 at the back is incomprehensible.

Leicester deserved the win, they scored 3 goals, and I for one won't be complaining about that. What I will do though is call what I see on the field of play, and that we werent deserving is neither here nor there, the ref was shit .......... Again!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:16 pm

That performance summed our season up and shows perfectly why they wanted Pep regardless of what we may win. Lethargic, disinterested, uninspired, unmotivated, disorganised. If any of those players want to be in Pep's plans, I suggest they ignore Pellegrini and start showing some interest or there will be major changes next season.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Agree doug that Leicester were better and we were shocking. However the ref should be highlighted as awful. He got very simple decisions wrong right in front of his eyes. I would love to see the assessors report on his performance. I know I am overly critical of rag Taylor but he is shit.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Sister of fu wrote:And people actually questioned why we got pep. Seven defeats before 7th Feb is shocking.

belive me, ive seen worse
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Called it weeks ago.

We will win nothing this season with this lame duck manager.

What player has improved under his tenure - answer none , they have got worse.

Brought in to develop youth , you are having a laugh.

Toure has been running the show for the last 3 years as just as him this team is finished.

So glad he is going in the summer.

Well played Leicester they are everything we are clearly not , a good hard working team with a very good manager.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just back. Depressing performance, depressing day and we got what we deserved which is nowt.

It seemed to me we were knackered from the start. It wasn't really a lack of effort ( although with 1 or 2 I am not so sure) but we seemed a yard of the pace and slow at decision making. Leicester crowded the ball and gave very little space and of course we kept losing the ball and they broke at pace.

I reckon if they had got their forward passing right we could have been looking at 5 or 6 never mind 3. The only player to get space for us was Kolarov but I reckon they let him have it because he was having such a mare. Couldn't cross a ball today.

No way was the ref to blame but I did think he was dreadful. Leicester werte very athletic and physical and got away with quite a few things.That time where he allowed play to go on after Kun was fouled was farcical. CXlearly worthy of a booking but he reasonably played on but when Kolarov got down the left we had nobody at all attacking the box never mind in it! And then he doesn't give the yellow I was sure he would. Very strange.

We have been saying it for a while but we get some results to keep us up there BUT4th place is no certainty unless we up our game. I think Spurs will kill us unless we play miles better and that will really set alarm bells ringing. I don't think it has anything to do with the Pep announcement but no doubt plenty ( the media) will say otherwise.

I agree with every point there Doug. Next week will be a real struggle with Silva also out injured.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:35 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:And people actually questioned why we got pep. Seven defeats before 7th Feb is shocking.

belive me, ive seen worse

We all have. That's not the point. Thai team is a team that is expected to challenge for the league.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:42 pm

It was abysmal. I can't find any positives from this but I thought we were poor in midweek despite scrapping for the win so I didn't expected a lot today. We've been uninspiring for a while now and the manager is clearly out of his depth. I just don't see how 50m was spent on Sterling either, that's a crazy transfer. The lad is mainly shite.

I wanted to get in the pitch and shout at Kolarov after 2 minutes because that was a stupid foul when the ball was clearly gone. You could just see what was coming. Stood like candles they did, lazy sods.

Like I say, no positives. And we got drenched. Great stuff.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby plf blue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:46 pm

just got in feel ive just wasted a load of cash watching overpaid tossers ,the foxes had commitment worked for each other and took their chances made city look like also rans .bloody angry at the way we just rolled over, end of rant
plf blue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: tommy booth

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:00 pm

I don't believe there was any lack of effort. That was our fourth game in 10 days and Leicester's second in nearly 2 weeks. It was also our 38th game of the season!! Half the first team is injured and Silva played again today with an injury and is now out injured again. We are in for a rough ride.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Yes well said, we were not beaten by the better team today, just a team. We are NOT a team. No where fucking near. If Sterling is a footballer so am I. Fucking useless, only Aguero and maybe Hart are worth keeping.

The whole managers love affair with Yaya has cost us again. The debacle about him going will ruin the season.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Crossie wrote:Yes well said, we were not beaten by the better team today, just a team. We are NOT a team. No where fucking near. If Sterling is a footballer so am I. Fucking useless, only Aguero and maybe Hart are worth keeping.

The whole managers love affair with Yaya has cost us again. The debacle about him going will ruin the season.

But we were a whole lot worse when Yaya got subbed ???
So your point is ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Simply a fucking disgrace, yaya's agent can fuck right off and take the lazy slow piece of shit with him.
pellers, sorry you may be a nice guy but you like the team are fucking gutless
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:32 pm

City64 wrote:
Crossie wrote:Yes well said, we were not beaten by the better team today, just a team. We are NOT a team. No where fucking near. If Sterling is a footballer so am I. Fucking useless, only Aguero and maybe Hart are worth keeping.

But we were a whole lot worse when Yaya got subbed ???
So your point is ?

Don't know what the point is but I'd have subbed Yaya for Kelechi at halftime and left Delph on.
Mightnt have made any difference, but I really think Yaya is a twenty five minute a game man. And that's at the end when the others have tired.
I think he's past starting games in this league. The game is being played past him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum