Spurs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Spurs

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:59 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Crossie wrote:I just want to see some fucking fight and some sweat on every fuckers forehead.

We can win this if we try hard enough.

That's the thing. Get the basic setup right and if they work hard we should get a result. If we do neither or only one of those then we won't.

Not a complex game at most levels.

Cheers

Fans deserve better than we saw last week. The owner who pays them millions must be thinking WTF is going on !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Crossie wrote:I just want to see some fucking fight and some sweat on every fuckers forehead.

That's the thing. Get the basic setup right and if they work hard we should get a result. If we do neither or only one of those then we won't.

Cheers

Fans deserve better than we saw last week. The owner who pays them millions must be thinking WTF is going on !

If I was the owner I wouldn't be thinking I would be giving out free steel toe capped boots up the back pipe to the lazy cunts.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:12 pm

Kompany supposedly fit to play having had a 45 minute run out in a practice match. Surprisingly Silva fit as well. On the other hand Sagna out for a week or two and Delph out for 6 weeks with an Achilles injury. Injuries are killing us.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm

blues2win wrote:Kompany supposedly fit to play having had a 45 minute run out in a practice match. Surprisingly Silva fit as well. On the other hand Sagna out for a week or two and Delph out for 6 weeks with an Achilles injury. Injuries are killing us.

Vinnie can't be ready to start. He hasn't been involved in full training. As for Sagna I just don't know whether to believe this two weeks bollox. Bony was supposed to be back for the Norwich cup game and is still apparently injured.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:47 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

If I was the owner I wouldn't be thinking I would be giving out free steel toe capped boots up the back pipe to the lazy cunts.....

By March 1st our season will be defined IMHO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

By March 1st our season will be defined IMHO.

How does that work? We've just one PL game between now and that date.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gilford » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How does that work? We've just one PL game between now and that date.

Simple, we could have lost the capital one final, out of the fa cup, down on goals against in the CL and be 4th /5th in the league!

Tough few weeks ahead, lets hope we have the bottle for it.
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 pm

gilford wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How does that work? We've just one PL game between now and that date.

Simple, we could have lost the capital one final, out of the fa cup, down on goals against in the CL and be 4th /5th in the league!

That's not season defining. There'll still be 12 games to go in PL ( lowest we can be is 4th on March 1st btw ).

There'll still be a second leg of the CL game, again nothing defined.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gilford » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
gilford wrote:

That's not season defining. There'll still be 12 games to go in PL ( lowest we can be is 4th on March 1st btw ).

Possibly out of 2 cups is a big deal, to me at least, the FA Cup not o much due to fixture congestion but make no doubt the Dippers will be well up for the league cup final. If we put on a display like last weekend it will be embarrassing, I really want Pellers to leave us with a cup and I think that is the one we can get.
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:38 pm

gilford wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
gilford wrote:

Possibly out of 2 cups is a big deal, to me at least, the FA Cup not o much due to fixture congestion but make no doubt the Dippers will be well up for the league cup final. If we put on a display like last weekend it will be embarrassing, I really want Pellers to leave us with a cup and I think that is the one we can get.

I agree with all of that but that's besides the point, the season will not be defined by 1st March.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:28 pm

our season has never got going for me, we need a big win, it sounds mad typing it, but the season is laid out. IMO if we God forbid get beat on Sunday. I take 3rd all day, but that is no given, the CC should be revenge time, we had that chance V Wigan and spewed a Q/F at home so we have previous. The FA Cup is a scratch team and off to Kiev, which is a tough game. So in my mind this season, Pellers the team are in the defining time. Last week for me anyway was a massive worry going to the end of the season. City are better than that but can they be arsed.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Regardless of the score, I'll be watching the ref to see how many stamps, kicks and elbows he lets Spurs get away with, nevermind offsides! Then, watch as he cards our first challenge.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:36 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:The other night I had a bad dream we lost to Leicester and Spurs, then lost confidence as a team and struggled to make top four. I hope it doesn't come true. We were woeful today and need a transformation to get back on track. I'm struggling to remember the last time we were battered like that.

Just glad you didn't dream Clattenberg would be the ref for the Spurs game.... that would be a nightmare.

And it was
South Stand Balti

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:37 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:The other night I had a bad dream we lost to Leicester and Spurs, then lost confidence as a team and struggled to make top four. I hope it doesn't come true. We were woeful today and need a transformation to get back on track. I'm struggling to remember the last time we were battered like that.

Just glad you didn't dream Clattenberg would be the ref for the Spurs game.... that would be a nightmare.

And it was

Did you put money on that?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Regardless of the score, I'll be watching the ref to see how many stamps, kicks and elbows he lets Spurs get away with, nevermind offsides! Then, watch as he cards our first challenge.

How did you know? Weird that innit?
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 pm

All their fans are cunts. Alan Sugar is a cunt. Zionists are all cunts.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

And it was

Did you put money on that?

The odds were too small.....it was a cert.
South Stand Balti

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Of the current Top 4 Spurs by far have the hardest and busiest March. Hopefully they can drop some points
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum