Race for the Title

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Race for the Title

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Despite loosing today and being cheated on by that thick stupid looking buffon clown-en-burg. We showed some heart and fight and that bodes well. But it's still a big ask to win it now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:We can do it but like Carragher said it is 3 teams that all need to drop points. The main problem is that Pellegrini is a braindead.

What should he be doing differently right now?

Collecting more points. Duh.

Cheers.

Bravo
Original Dub

Postby phips » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:42 pm

PeterParker wrote:You know what is worse?

We managed to beat only Watford from the first 9!

and Soton, right?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 pm

sheblue wrote:Despite loosing today and being cheated on by that thick stupid looking buffon clown-en-burg. We showed some heart and fight and that bodes well. But it's still a big ask to win it now.

This.

I feel better today than I did last week. The lack of any fight last week depressed the fuck out of me. At least today we put in a decent effort, not at the level we're capable of but if that attitude is right that's half the battle.

At least I can be livid with the officials tonight rather than despairing about the team's performance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 pm

PeterParker wrote:You know what is worse?

We managed to beat only Watford from the first 9!

Plus Southampton. Uncharacteristically poor performance by us against the top teams though, which has killed us so far.
We have games next month against Liverpool and the RAGs which we need to keep our heads for. I'm dreading finding out who the officials will be though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:27 am

We are not in the title race as the referees (the FA, let's remember who's running this) won't allow it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:08 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We are not in the title race as the referees (the FA, let's remember who's running this) won't allow it.

btw we've also been mostly shite all season as well. Don't forget to mention the arrogant bunch of jogging half-arsed cunts who pull the shirts on every week, and their tosspot undead wrinkled-faced old cunt manager.

And yeah, Clattenberg's call today was absolute shit, but in any year of the last four we should have trounced that Spurs side today. Honest.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby edge275 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:25 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We are not in the title race as the referees (the FA, let's remember who's running this) won't allow it.

btw we've also been mostly shite all season as well. Don't forget to mention the arrogant bunch of jogging half-arsed cunts who pull the shirts on every week, and their tosspot undead wrinkled-faced old cunt manager.

And yeah, Clattenberg's call today was absolute shit, but in any year of the last four we should have trounced that Spurs side today. Honest.

cheers

According to some happy clappers on here there's nothing wrong with the squad or the manager - just corrupt referees.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:30 am

edge275 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

According to some happy clappers on here there's nothing wrong with the squad or the manager - just corrupt referees.

The last time we played anything like exciting football was back in August , September......since then we have been shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:47 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
edge275 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

The last time we played anything like exciting football was back in August , September......since then we have been shit.

after 5 matches when they anointed us obvious title faves we've been largely shit. Absolutely crap 75% of the time i bet. A fucking hex was cast upon our house.

If we get through the next round of CL, which i am even suspect of at this point, we'll get thrashed in the next round. I expect Scouse victims to mug us at Wembley. And we'll be lucky to scrape 4th on current form.

Dunno what really could happen to change that as every cunt is injured, shit or not given a chance to play.

I want to hibernate until Pep. I really do hate the football more this season than even under Mancini when it was at it's most tiring, hateful boring crap. At least then we knew it was his strategy and he was trying to exert some control and there was a faux mutiny happening, etc...

This shit we're seeing now is just lethargy and an old group of cunts who are nearly past it putting some time in until they see if the new gaffer wants them. And he fucking won't. 90% of them can fuck off. Pronto.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:58 am

Bayern won and are still 8 points ahead so the fucking apologists for our loses holds no fuckign water......our manager has been found out and his team is getting beat too often...fuckign shite.....and his love for YAYA is fuckign bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzar!!

Sick of the excuses for him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:58 am

The big event of yesterday may yet turn out to be the return to fitness of Kompany. We looked invincible early doors before his injury, him completing 90 minutes is huge. We usually finish the season strongly, it's a habit. Best finish was two years ago with 29 points from the final 12 games, enough to carry us into first place when it mattered. The same again might be good enough, none of the 3 teams ahead of us are looking like kicking on at a rate above the 2 points per game they have each managed so far. If one of them goes a huge run then game over, and good luck to them, but there is a huge chance none of them will. Our run in is quite kind, Liverpool away next is potentially trappy but after that every game looks very winnable. If it comes down to a six pointer with Arsenal I'd still fancy us. This is far from over.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:16 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Yes, we've been shite. Although this Spurs team are a damn sight better than any we've faced in recent times.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 am

We started the day 6 points behind the leaders and finished the day 6 points behind the leaders. The teams in 2nd/3rd have to play each other.

I think it is an uphill task but with Kompany back if we can stop leaking goals and stop playing Aguero on his own we may be in with a chance.

It's not over til it's over
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:01 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:We started the day 6 points behind the leaders and finished the day 6 points behind the leaders. The teams in 2nd/3rd have to play each other.

I think it is an uphill task but with Kompany back if we can stop leaking goals and stop playing Aguero on his own we may be in with a chance.

Adele plays Manchester Arena, Friday 11th of March.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:10 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:We started the day 6 points behind the leaders and finished the day 6 points behind the leaders. The teams in 2nd/3rd have to play each other.

I'm not with you?
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:11 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I'm not with you?

There's a clue.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:12 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I'm not with you?

There's a clue.

Sorry - bit slow today. Although last time I saw her she had lost a stone or 2?
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I'm not with you?

There's a clue.

Sorry - bit slow today. Although last time I saw her she had lost a stone or 2?

righto. She's not the chunk she used to be.

i didn't mind her fat tho tbf. People are too uptight about an extra 10-15 lbs on a woman. They act like it's a fucking crime. Women fuck like they eat people. Learn the facts. Sure a fit woman can have a great libido if she's uptight about the weight, but when a woman's healthy and comfy with herself it doesn't matter how much she weighs.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
i didn't mind her fat tho tbf. People are too uptight about an extra 10-15 lbs on a woman. They act like it's a fucking crime. Women fuck like they eat people. Learn the facts. Sure a fit woman can have a great libido if she's uptight about the weight, but when a woman's healthy and comfy with herself it doesn't matter how much she weighs.

cheers

How did you find that out. Not sure I know any women that eat people. I think if I do meet one I might avoid her.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum