Dave & Kev

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dave & Kev

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Weds go with fern, delph, raheem and dave, yaya bench, serg and ian upfront and the usual back four maybe zabba for sagna, joe in goal.
Then bring on yaya midway through 2nd half!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I don't get why so many people see KDB as Silva's understudy or future replacement. In my view they are not very similar players and I think Kevin was brought in to give us more - and different - options going forward.

Silva is all about possession garnished with the occasional moment of magic. He's patient, though, and more often than not chooses to retain possession instead of going for the killer pass.

De Bruyne on the other hand is a very direct player. He's always looking to play the ball forward and often sacrifices possession by attempting a chance pass forward.

Both certainly have their merits, but I don't see too many similarities, and I think the day Silva stops, we will have a very hard time finding a like-for-like replacement.

i think their biggest similarity is that they're both very capable of playing that killer pass in behind a defence that cuts them open ( which is best utilised from a central position ).I think playing both of them means there's one less runner in our attack to get on the end of them defence splitting passes and this is holding us back.

I hope that makes sense, it does in my head, that's not saying much though.

That's a good point and it makes perfect sense. It does explain why 2+2 doesn't necessarily equal four (they're better individually than the sum of their parts). I think that's somewhat the problem we've had with Nasri and Silva as well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He was excellent all the way back at the . . . . Crystal Palace game!
Sure he had an off day yesterday but that doesn't mean you drop him.
I guarantee the line up suggested would have virtually no ball retention.
You put pace up front and Yaya and Silva will find passes during the course of 90 minutes.

The lineup suggested can retain the ball. Don't be silly.

Silva one of the very best but not at his best lately in aggregate. Give him a few matches on the subs bench and see how we dare with a different feel.

That's all. The Count has to mix this up. He's on tour playing his greatest hits 10 years later and other fresh faced bands are blowing him off the stage.

For those about to rock, I'd like him to salute them. That's all.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:58 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I don't get why so many people see KDB as Silva's understudy or future replacement. In my view they are not very similar players and I think Kevin was brought in to give us more - and different - options going forward.

Silva is all about possession garnished with the occasional moment of magic. He's patient, though, and more often than not chooses to retain possession instead of going for the killer pass.

De Bruyne on the other hand is a very direct player. He's always looking to play the ball forward and often sacrifices possession by attempting a chance pass forward.

Both certainly have their merits, but I don't see too many similarities, and I think the day Silva stops, we will have a very hard time finding a like-for-like replacement.

i think their biggest similarity is that they're both very capable of playing that killer pass in behind a defence that cuts them open ( which is best utilised from a central position ).I think playing both of them means there's one less runner in our attack to get on the end of them defence splitting passes and this is holding us back.

I hope that makes sense, it does in my head, that's not saying much though.

That's a good point and it makes perfect sense. It does explain why 2+2 doesn't necessarily equal four (they're better individually than the sum of their parts). I think that's somewhat the problem we've had with Nasri and Silva as well.

Good analysis gentlemen. I fully agree with nooly that KDB and Silva are NOT similar players, in fact quite different apart from the fact they're looking for that killer pass
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:10 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Think KDB's been pretty good, really. Not at his best yesterday though.

Silva's been poor since he come back.

That's simply not true
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:12 pm

OK, thanks for letting me know.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:32 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Weds go with fern, delph, raheem and dave, yaya bench, serg and ian upfront and the usual back four maybe zabba for sagna, joe in goal.
Then bring on yaya midway through 2nd half!!!

I could live with that
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:33 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:OK, thanks for letting me know.

Not a problem
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum