***HAMMERS V CITY - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***HAMMERS V CITY - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Not that harsh really. To say the season is fizzling out when we have a cup semi final and two of the top four coming to ours in the next three weeks is nonsense. And that's without taking into account the Chumps League recommenncing after that.
I have no idea how we'll do but do know this. Far from fizzling out It's just hotting up! Let's enjoy some monster games FFS

Read thye fucking message again - IN DANGER of fizzling out. And your blind faith in Yaya is disturbing.
The only team in the top nine of the League that we have beaten so far is Southampton by the way. Just thought I'd throw that in there for those with their City hats pulled firmly over their eyes.
Last edited by Dameerto on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Not that harsh really. To say the season is fizzling out when we have a cup semi final and two of the top four coming to ours in the next three weeks is nonsense. And that's without taking into account the Chumps League recommenncing after that.
I have no idea how we'll do but do know this. Far from fizzling out It's just hotting up! Let's enjoy some monster games FFS

Read thye fucking message again - IN DANGER of fizzling out. And your blind faith in Yaya is disturbing.

We've got big games for the next two months. That is not fizzling out or in danger of it.
I think people wanting to drop one of the finest footballers at the club in favour of one of the worst is beyond disturbing.
Yaya can change a match and control a midfield, Fernando can't even control a ball.
This 'blame Yaya' thing crops again after a game he has played pretty well in. He was not the problem yesterday. It's fucking nonsense.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 pm

gillie wrote:Second goal for the hammers Joe is as much to blame for it as anyone else he should have come and either caught the ball or punched it out.But overall we are too fuckin slow when attacking once we win the ball back in our half.The amount of times we could have hit them on the break tonight only to slow the play up was criminal in it's failure.

Agree Michael, but look how it speeded up when Nacho came on and drove straight through the centre.
We need to give youth a chance and give those that are not performing a bit of competition.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:

We've got big games for the next two months. That is not fizzling out or in danger of it.
I think people wanting to drop one of the finest footballers at the club in favour of one of the worst is beyond disturbing.
Yaya can change a match and control a midfield, Fernando can't even control a ball.
This 'blame Yaya' thing crops again after a game he has played pretty well in. He was not the problem yesterday. It's fucking nonsense.

I've just edited my post with a stat about the top nine clubs in the league - and our failure to beat all but one of them. And my original post stated what I thought the problem is - LEADERSHIP or rather a lack of it. The players are inconsistent because they are allowed to be inconsistent and seemingly don't get challenged for it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I've just edited my post with a stat about the top nine clubs in the league - and our failure to beat all but one of them. And my original post stated what I thought the problem is - LEADERSHIP or rather a lack of it. The players are inconsistent because they are allowed to be inconsistent and seemingly don't get challenged for it.

That's slightly misleading. When we won at Palace they were in the top four or five.
Watford were in the top nine.
And when we smashed Chelsea, at the time they were title favourites. Not sure about Everton but it was a fine performance there.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Well we face two of the current top nine next month and two the month after, those four games are pretty much going to shape the end of our season. Hopefully they can regroup and focus in time to put a run together because time is running out.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:49 am

The whole scenario around City must baffle any watching aliens. Or Chinese football buffs.

Before the match we are awful, full of shortcomings and have no chance against the wonderful Hammers.

After the match you might think it a good point. But no, we have slipped up, rely too much on a striker and "should be winning at places like West Ham"!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:11 am

john@staustell wrote:The whole scenario around City must baffle any watching aliens. Or Chinese football buffs.

Before the match we are awful, full of shortcomings and have no chance against the wonderful Hammers.

After the match you might think it a good point. But no, we have slipped up, rely too much on a striker and "should be winning at places like West Ham"!

It's a pretty good summing up. What's worse is when it's not just the media but our own fans peddling this nonsense.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:12 am

john@staustell wrote:The whole scenario around City must baffle any watching aliens. Or Chinese football buffs.

It's a pretty good summing up. What's worse is when it's not just the media but our own fans peddling this nonsense.

Exactly.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum