MCWFC sign Swedish international!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MCWFC sign Swedish international!

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Yey!

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/MCWFC-news/2016/January/Manchester-City-Women-sign-Kosovare-Asllani/1453467742#

Manchester City Women have completed the signing of Swedish international, Kosovare Asllani.

The 26-year-old hot-shot has made 80 appearances for her national team, and joins until the end of the 2017 season, having featured most recently at Club level for French giants Paris Saint-Germain.

Skilful and quick with Champions League experience, the striker has drawn comparisons with superstar and compatriot Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and she's looking forward to showing what she can do in the FA WSL.

"It feels good to be here," she told mcfc.co.uk. "I'm impressed with the facility and the way the Club has built up this team.

"I really like that everything is in one place - the men's team, the women's team and the youth teams. It's amazing that the women's side are able to create this environment.

"The main thing that made me want to come here is the way the Club declared their ambitions.

"PSG are a huge club and I learned a lot there - they're trying to do similar in taking the women's side to the next level - but here, it feels like the future.

"This team has a lot of potential and ambition. They want to win titles and I want to help them to do so."

Though born of Kosovar-Albanian descent, 'Kosse' represents the Swedish national team, having been born in Kristianstad, after her parents migrated.

Kosovare Asllani

She grew up with two passions - football and ice hockey - but opted to pursue a career in the former. At 15 years old, she joined Vimmerby IF and netted an astounding 49 goals in 48 games, attracting interest from several top-flight sides.

In 2007, she signed for Damallsvenskan outfit Linköpings FC, becoming a first-team regular the following season.

She went on to help the Club to its first league title, plus the Svenska Cupen, before realising her dream of visiting the USA when Chicago Red Stars snapped her up in December.

After a year in the States, Asllani returned to Linköpings, who were competing in the Champions League. The striker found the net in the competition with goals against Sparta Prague and Arsenal, but a thigh injury hampered her campaign and she moved to her hometown side for a season.

It wasn't long until Europe's elite would come calling for Kosse, and the forward signed for PSG in 2012. Her debut campaign heralded 17 goals in 19 appearances, and she would go on to net 45 times in all competitions for the French outfit.

Driven, dedicated and eager to improve, the striker has often expressed her desire to be the best in the world, and hopes her past experiences can benefit the Blues.

"Coming here and being able to play for a team like City is amazing," she added. "I'm going to do everything I can to help the team win titles.

Kosovare Asllani and Nick Cushing

"I'm a technical player that likes to have the ball and create chances for my team.

"The English league is growing a lot. I'm curious and that's why I'm here.

"I feel I can help the team to be the best. I wouldn't want to go to a team that doesn't strive for the best."

With plenty of experience in Europe's top competition, Asllani believes the Blues have what it takes to compete at the highest level.

"The Champions League is something every team strives to win," she stated. "It's going to be tough but it will be interesting to see how the team do.

"They came second [in the league] last year and were close to winning it, so I think this team can surprise in the Champions League."

Reflecting on his latest capture, manager Nick Cushing declared: "We’re delighted to sign a player of Kosovare's calibre. She’ll add another dimension to our squad.

"We admire her passion and ambition - it matches everything this club stands for - and we're really looking forward to working with her."

You can see Kosovare and the rest of Manchester City Women’s squad in their pre-season friendlies against Rosengard and Pitea IF. Click here for more information.

Seasoncards for 2016 are also now on sale.

Be part of the action as the team challenge for silverware on four fronts, including the UEFA Women’s Champions League for the first time in the Club’s history. Click here for more details.

And she comes complete a bad attitude as she's repeated run ins with her coaches about how she behaves and acts in her respective teams.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Re: MCWFC sign Swedish international!

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Wow, you're all racist. If it was Ivorian player you'd be all like "wow, I can't wait to see her in action, she's gonna be the star of the team" and Doomy'd make some innuendo about action. Dazby'd write "yay". I'm chocked. Just because she's Swedish.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Have you seen her play Coco? She any good?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:37 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Wow, you're all racist. If it was Ivorian player you'd be all like "wow, I can't wait to see her in action, she's gonna be the star of the team" and Doomy'd make some innuendo about action. Dazby'd write "yay". I'm chocked. Just because she's Swedish.

I guess since the women's team can't sign American internationals they have to settle for Swedish. But seriously it's good seeing the women's team bring in these internationals.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:44 pm

We are clearly very very serious about our women's team. That's 3 "strikers" we have signed in fairly recent times if I include the very young Georgia Stanway halfway through last season, she was just 16 and does look a real prospect!

I would have said if there was an obvious weakness in the team last season it was goal scoring and that seems to have been the thinking of the manager as well ( I am assumimg he is key to who we buy) I really think we will ahve the best team/squad for next season ( although I don't know much about how others have strengthened) and would expect us to win things without doubt. That of course assumes with the new acquisitions that we won't have problems scoring goals.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 am

Sweden's where it's at for the women's game right now - so if they're wanting to come and play in England we must be doing something right.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:42 am

Can this be moved to offtopic please.

Thanks
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby The Maine Man » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:01 am

The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 am

She looks a tasty player. I have never seen her play but I am imagining the shower scene with Duggan.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:28 am

Wonderwall wrote:She looks a tasty player. I have never seen her play but I am imagining the shower scene with Duggan.

that's the sort of content the official site should be providing us with
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:We are clearly very very serious about our women's team. That's 3 "strikers" we have signed in fairly recent times if I include the very young Georgia Stanway halfway through last season, she was just 16 and does look a real prospect!

I would have said if there was an obvious weakness in the team last season it was goal scoring and that seems to have been the thinking of the manager as well ( I am assumimg he is key to who we buy) I really think we will ahve the best team/squad for next season ( although I don't know much about how others have strengthened) and would expect us to win things without doubt. That of course assumes with the new acquisitions that we won't have problems scoring goals.

How is Daphne Corboz doing?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Mybe we dont want Scouse brow to be the face of the ladies team anymore.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:11 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:We are clearly very very serious about our women's team. That's 3 "strikers" we have signed in fairly recent times if I include the very young Georgia Stanway halfway through last season, she was just 16 and does look a real prospect!

I thought she did very well when she joined and fitted in with the team well. Unfortunately got an injury towards the end of the season but ready to go again now. She is different to most midfield players as she has a better eye for the key pass and can actually make them. Also travels well with the ball albeit she isn't fast. Now that I expect we have better striker options I expect Daphne to be a great asset with assists and score some herself as well.

When she came over she stayed in a house of some friends of mine who look after young footballers who move here.Usually young boys but this time Daphne and also Georgia Stanway
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bobby brows » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:28 am

Daphne Corboz is class, please she's extended her contract. The American Silva
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:She looks a tasty player. I have never seen her play but I am imagining the shower scene with Duggan.

Haha, spot on mate
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

I thought she did very well when she joined and fitted in with the team well. Unfortunately got an injury towards the end of the season but ready to go again now. She is different to most midfield players as she has a better eye for the key pass and can actually make them. Also travels well with the ball albeit she isn't fast. Now that I expect we have better striker options I expect Daphne to be a great asset with assists and score some herself as well.

When she came over she stayed in a house of some friends of mine who look after young footballers who move here.Usually young boys but this time Daphne and also Georgia Stanway

I wonder how long she will stay over there to play. I know she's gotten a few call ups last year with the U.S. under-23's. But she won't get called into the senior squad because she isn't playing the NWSL. Two players just left PSG because of this.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum