Almost Definitely Your Last Visit...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Almost Definitely Your Last Visit...

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:29 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Socrates wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Just a point on Pellers. He has had rumours circulating about his demise since he joined........he is now well into his third year at the club. Mancini was with us for approx 3.5 years despite 3.5 years of rumours saying he would be leaving. The average time a Prem manager gets is 14 months so I think it's fair to say we actually buck the trend when it comes to the madness. He was in 4 trophies at Xmas last year but win none. The proves the media talk about him being in 4 tournaments means nothing, unless you win them. Personally, I think a draw would be a good result at the Hammers given the quality they have. Two centre backs and a left back missing.....again. I suspect our defenders will have their work cut out.

So what was the 4th trophy we were still in with a shout of at Xmas 2014 then? Given we went out of the League Cup in October...

Up until 10 December 2014, it was still possible for us to win any of the these four trophies in 2015:

The Premier League
The FA Cup
The Champions League
The Europa League

FACT

Xmas is after December 10th.

FACT

I'm counting Advent.

FACT
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:31 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Socrates wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Just a point on Pellers. He has had rumours circulating about his demise since he joined........he is now well into his third year at the club. Mancini was with us for approx 3.5 years despite 3.5 years of rumours saying he would be leaving. The average time a Prem manager gets is 14 months so I think it's fair to say we actually buck the trend when it comes to the madness. He was in 4 trophies at Xmas last year but win none. The proves the media talk about him being in 4 tournaments means nothing, unless you win them. Personally, I think a draw would be a good result at the Hammers given the quality they have. Two centre backs and a left back missing.....again. I suspect our defenders will have their work cut out.

So what was the 4th trophy we were still in with a shout of at Xmas 2014 then? Given we went out of the League Cup in October...

Up until 10 December 2014, it was still possible for us to win any of the these four trophies in 2015:

The Premier League
The FA Cup
The Champions League
The Europa League

FACT

Xmas is after December 10th.

FACT

I'm counting Advent.

FACT

Also, 'Christmas last year' was Christmas 2015, so we WERE still in four competitions.

FACT
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Lads I go to City games with are having an away day down to West Ham on Saturday as it will be the last chance before it goes. Been there several times over many years proper traditional ground with proper fans will be Sad to see it go to be fair . Can't miss the lads btw they will be pissed as cunts but they know the drill with the east end ! Me , I will be at Haydock races but home in time to watch the game on TV !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm

City64 wrote:Lads I go to City games with are having an away day down to West Ham on Saturday as it will be the last chance before it goes. Been there several times over many years proper traditional ground with proper fans will be Sad to see it go to be fair . Can't miss the lads btw they will be pissed as cunts but they know the drill with the east end ! Me , I will be at Haydock races but home in time to watch the game on TV !

Proper old school ground behind the shops. I won't miss the queue for the feckin tube though. That is one bastard of a very long wait.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Horrible ground in a horrible place. Nothing to lament.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Horrible ground in a horrible place. Nothing to lament.

Never been so I can't comment on it.I bet most away fans could'nt stand Maine Road so I suppose it's all down to personal opinion Roger mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Horrible ground in a horrible place. Nothing to lament.

The only ground I got beaten up at...just before they closed the wooden doors to the train station, I was set on......WANKERS.

No way on earth they will fill the other ground up...not a fuckign chance.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Socrates wrote:

The point still stands. Our managers may be under constant media attention but we have only sacked one manager in more than 6 years. I'm not having it that they get rough treatment by the club just cos the media are telling other supporters that they do. Also, you don't win a trophy until it is won. It's the winning that counts, not the being in it. Btw....my Xmas tree goes up in November.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 pm

I got chased all over East Ham as a skinny fifteen year old by a right bunch of brave types. The ground was a shit hole, and the area made Moss Side look posh. Last time I went was about four years ago and it was even shittier. The ground is massively improved tbf.
I enjoy Walmai's posts and he seems a good eggand all that, but I can't get my head around the West Ham love in. Fucking dreadful place.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Lads I go to City games with are having an away day down to West Ham on Saturday as it will be the last chance before it goes. Been there several times over many years proper traditional ground with proper fans will be Sad to see it go to be fair . Can't miss the lads btw they will be pissed as cunts but they know the drill with the east end ! Me , I will be at Haydock races but home in time to watch the game on TV !

Proper old school ground behind the shops. I won't miss the queue for the feckin tube though. That is one bastard of a very long wait.

London isnt one of my fav places and West Ham is a twat of a place to get too if you go there off your own back , underground is pretty good though normally . North London and Wembley much easier to navigate and get back up north swiftly lol.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Socrates » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:07 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Socrates wrote:

The point still stands. Our managers may be under constant media attention but we have only sacked one manager in more than 6 years. I'm not having it that they get rough treatment by the club just cos the media are telling other supporters that they do. Also, you don't win a trophy until it is won. It's the winning that counts, not the being in it. Btw....my Xmas tree goes up in November.

Actually it doesn't stand, not that bit anyway, we had already had a miserable exit from a cup we were defending whereas this time we were already in a semi final, very different mood, Right now, we are favourites to win the league, a single goal away from a cup final and have a favourites chance of making our first Champions League Quarter Final. The pressure should be less than last year. It is unfair that it isn't.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:32 pm

Good post mate. However, you can never have tried to have a piss, get in, get out, buy a beer , breath etc under the stand at the away end. A truly unpleasant experience as is getting to and away from the ground. The queue at the station is a joke. So I'll be glad when you move into the 21st century!And after two weeks of the season, so will you I suspect.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby walmai » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 am

One of the main points made by Hammers who are happy about the move is that at Stratford, the situation will apparently be a whole lot easier. Two points in response:

1. I have grown up going over The Boleyn and haven't used the local tube station to do so for about 25 years or longer. Obviously, a little local knowledge goes a long way. Queuing at the closest underground station, which obviously gives us the second name for the ground is most definitely a miserable experience

2. However, the travel to and from the Olympic Stadium might not prove to be much easier, if, as expected, everybody piles back to Stratford station. A similar bottleneck will probably arise, if the police are so crazy as to expect people to find their way through or round the somewhat enormous shopping centre built right next door.

I have to question whether London E13 is 'worse' than Moss Side, having gone to matches in both areas from the 1980's onwards. To me, they were both roughhouse areas in which you had 'to keep your nut about yer'. Neither was as bad as the area in which you find Anfield (to this day), but, yes, they were pretty grim places.

And, will we fill the OS? I doubt that too, but we can expect lots of community 'give away' tickets and, of course, the parts with a poor view will be as cheap as chips...a lot cheaper than the cost of a one off ticket for the ground in which we presently play. If they price it right, they will fill it, but, as you lot have to surely agree, fans only have so much money and will obviously have to pick and choose a bit.

Oh, and it was McCarthy who 'scissor-kicked' Payet and ruptured his ankle ligaments.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:56 pm

but he seems more under the microscope than most

I would say the opposite if you look at the "so called top 4" right now. With Arsenal the only time Wenger isn't under the microscope by the general media is when they are doing well which is about half the season. For them the last 12 years has been a rollercoaster and at the end of every season for as far back as I can remember in those 12 years people have been calling for his head every summer yet he has survived. Chelsea sacked Mourinho so enough said and as for utd well they were all saying Van Gaal would probably be sacked if he didn't be the Scousers at weekend.

When it comes to City, outside the City fans the general media aren't really saying he needs to be sacked yet in fact they are saying it all depends on this season entirely but the whole Guardiola situation has obviously put a spanner in everybodys works not just Citys. lets be honest here Pellegrini was suppose to leave after this season they extended his contract for 1 year. I believe like a lot of fans that was a show of good will to not only stop media speculating but as a show of good will so when we do replace him in summer he gets a nice pay off for all he has done for the team rather than leave empty handed because that's how our club operates now, we look after our team and lets be honest if they believed in Pellegrini it would have been more than 1 year.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Socrates wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Actually it doesn't stand, not that bit anyway, we had already had a miserable exit from a cup we were defending whereas this time we were already in a semi final, very different mood, Right now, we are favourites to win the league, a single goal away from a cup final and have a favourites chance of making our first Champions League Quarter Final. The pressure should be less than last year. It is unfair that it isn't.

A single goal away from a league cup final? It depends which team scores it. The dippers are still in 4 comps. It means nothing unless you win them.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby walmai » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:46 pm

Cracking game, full of incident.

Probably fair, in the end, that it ended level.

Top drawer save from JH, to keep out Payet's free kick.

Our second a bit of a gift from your defence.

Leicester City for the title!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:30 am

Quality free kick from one of the signings of the season, and fantastic save from one of (if not THE) best keepers in the league.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:02 am

Lots of footage on YouTube showing West Ham fans steaming into City fans inside the ground after the game . Probably looks worse than it was as usual with you tube stuff .........
Not a friendly goodbye by any means though !
For the record the lads had a great day out spending the afternoon on the piss in Camden Town , made it into upton park just about on time ! Lol , all home safe with major hangovers ;-) CTID

Oh I had 4 winners at Haydock Park , get in !!! :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum