Evans to Reading according to Sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Evans to Reading according to Sky

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:21 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... orge-evans

Reading have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City centre-back George Evans, according to Sky sources.

The 21-year-old is understood to have snubbed Championship rivals Brentford, who are searching for a new centre-back as they prepare to let James Tarkwoski leave the club.

Evans, who came through City's youth academy, has been impressing on a loan at League One side Walsall, who were previously managed by current Brentford boss Dean Smith.

City only recalled Evans from his loan at Walsall on Saturday and Smith was understood to be keen to take him to Griffin Park, but he is now on the verge of joining the Royals.

Evans has never made a first team appearance for City in any competition but he has previously spent time on loan at Crewe and Scunthorpe.

This season he has made 17 appearances for the Saddlers and scored four goals in all competitions.

Sky at their best as usual.

Evans was doing great at Walsall, many MOTM performances, 4 goals too. Another one goes without an opportunity
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Evans to Reading accoridng to Sky

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Is he a centre back? I thought he played midfield?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Mase wrote:Is he a centre back? I thought he played midfield?!

Plays both, he likes Centre back more, but he is versatile, he played both positions for Walsall this season
Wonderwall

Re: Evans to Reading according to Sky

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Any mention of a fee? Would've thought £1.5m will a 20% sell on clause would be fair
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:Is he a centre back? I thought he played midfield?!

Plays both, he likes Centre back more, but he is versatile, he played both positions for Walsall this season

Thanks for clearing that up. He scored that screamer didn't he for us in pre-season. You'd wonder why he likes playing centre half more when he's got stuff like that in his locker!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ColinBell8 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm

This has really annoyed me. I really thought this lad was destined for a big future with us but now he's been palmed off without having a real opportunity.

Emyr Hughes, Marcos Lopes now George Evans.....not sending a very positive message to the young lads in the EDS.

Who's next I wonder Brandon Barker/Bersant Celina?
ColinBell8
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Damn. There's me thinking he will push Silva out the team.

Ade Mike syndrome I call it. This obsession that anyone who comes through the academy is good enough to play for one of Europe's top teams.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:Any mention of a fee? Would've thought £1.5m will a 20% sell on clause would be fair

Rony Lopes went for £9m
Wonderwall

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Good luck to the lad. When we recalled him from Walsall just a few days after extending his loan, I was worried we had an injury. This explains it. At the age of 21 it is time for him to move on and play first team footie.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Any mention of a fee? Would've thought £1.5m will a 20% sell on clause would be fair

Rony Lopes went for £9m

Doubt Reading could afford that to be fair. £1.5/2m for a championship club seems right to me
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Good luck to the lad. When we recalled him from Walsall just a few days after extending his loan, I was worried we had an injury. This explains it. At the age of 21 it is time for him to move on and play first team footie.

I picked up the Reading story at the same time as the recall. But I think it was only in the Walsall Post or something
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Rony Lopes went for £9m

is that the same ronny lopes that's tearing things up in ligue1? believe it or not, the club know what they're doing with these youngsters...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Rony Lopes went for £9m

is that the same ronny lopes that's tearing things up in ligue1? believe it or not, the club know what they're doing with these youngsters...

Exactly. He's not cutting the mustard at Monaco and is being loaned to Lille again.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:38 pm

ColinBell8 wrote:This has really annoyed me. I really thought this lad was destined for a big future with us but now he's been palmed off without having a real opportunity.

Emyr Hughes, Marcos Lopes now George Evans.....not sending a very positive message to the young lads in the EDS.

Who's next I wonder Brandon Barker/Bersant Celina?

Of course it sends out a positive message - they might not make it with us, but all these lads want is a professional contract with a decent club ..at least with our club they get the best fuckign training and facilities they could ever wish for.

If they are good enough for Manchester City football club then they will make it into our squad and if not they will have other opportunities to consider.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:39 pm

I think the youngsters would be encouraged by a former academy player getting a professional contract - I'm not sure all of them are expecting to play regular football for our first team. The more professional players we produce the more successful we can say the Academy is.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blackadder » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:37 pm

I like the look of George. Maybe he is back as cover for our unfit centre halves? Maybe Mangala's injury is not responding to treatment?
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Blackadder wrote:I like the look of George. Maybe he is back as cover for our unfit centre halves? Maybe Mangala's injury is not responding to treatment?

You can read, right?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 am

So he's off to Reading but if it's as a centre half I would be staggered. I would also be very surprised if he preferred to play centre half rather than center midfield which I believe is his best position.

I think he played center mid for Walsall and was excellent whichust be why Reading want him.He is a very composed player, excellent passer both short and long and has a real eye for killer passes and for a goal. But I would say not quite at the City first team level. I do thinbk he could do a job as a squad player but could never see him as a first choice when you look at all the alternatives we have.

I hope he is a great success and would be delighted if he proved me worng and came back under a buy back clause we ought to include in any deal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:10 am

So he's off to Reading but if it's as a centre half I would be staggered. I would also be very surprised if he preferred to play centre half rather than center midfield which I believe is his best position.

I think he played center mid for Walsall and was excellent whichust be why Reading want him.He is a very composed player, excellent passer both short and long and has a real eye for killer passes and for a goal. But I would say not quite at the City first team level. I do thinbk he could do a job as a squad player but could never see him as a first choice when you look at all the alternatives we have.

I hope he is a great success and would be delighted if he proved me wrong and came back under a buy back clause we ought to include in any deal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:55 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So he's off to Reading but if it's as a centre half I would be staggered. I would also be very surprised if he preferred to play centre half rather than center midfield which I believe is his best position.

I hope he is a great success and would be delighted if he proved me wrong and came back under a buy back clause we ought to include in any deal.

Heresy Doug. Not at first team level? Surely you know they should all be "given a chance"? Even if they aren't anywhere near good enough.

Some of us have absolutely no balance where the academy is concerned. Most lads didn't make it at City even when we were crap, let alone one of Europe's top teams.

George has got a good schooling in the game and should do well. He's earned us a few quid. Good luck.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum