Evans to Reading according to Sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Evans to Reading according to Sky

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:53 am

ColinBell8 wrote:This has really annoyed me. I really thought this lad was destined for a big future with us but now he's been palmed off without having a real opportunity.

Emyr Hughes, Marcos Lopes now George Evans.....not sending a very positive message to the young lads in the EDS.

Who's next I wonder Brandon Barker/Bersant Celina?

This is why many youngsters join City.
I know a guy who was really keen for his lad to to go the City academy because he said he'd get the best (footballing) education around. He also told me his lad knew he wasn't good enough to play first team, but that it would ultimately give him the best chance of a career in the game.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So he's off to Reading but if it's as a centre half I would be staggered. I would also be very surprised if he preferred to play centre half rather than center midfield which I believe is his best position.

I think he played center mid for Walsall and was excellent whichust be why Reading want him.He is a very composed player, excellent passer both short and long and has a real eye for killer passes and for a goal. But I would say not quite at the City first team level. I do thinbk he could do a job as a squad player but could never see him as a first choice when you look at all the alternatives we have.

I hope he is a great success and would be delighted if he proved me wrong and came back under a buy back clause we ought to include in any deal.

Hi Doug,

I am sure it was on city TV when they were doing the Q&A feature, Evans said his preferred position was centre back. I was a little shocked myself as the majority of games I saw him.play was in centre midfield. I wonder if he mentioned his preference to Walsall as he suddenly changed from a goalscoring centre mid to a centre back.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11673/10135768/reading-agree-deal-for-manchester-city-midfielder-george-evans

Reading have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City centre-back George Evans, according to Sky sources.

The 21-year-old is understood to have snubbed Championship rivals Brentford, who are searching for a new centre-back as they prepare to let James Tarkwoski leave the club.

Evans, who came through City's youth academy, has been impressing on a loan at League One side Walsall, who were previously managed by current Brentford boss Dean Smith.

City only recalled Evans from his loan at Walsall on Saturday and Smith was understood to be keen to take him to Griffin Park, but he is now on the verge of joining the Royals.

Evans has never made a first team appearance for City in any competition but he has previously spent time on loan at Crewe and Scunthorpe.

This season he has made 17 appearances for the Saddlers and scored four goals in all competitions.

Sky at their best as usual.

Evans was doing great at Walsall, many MOTM performances, 4 goals too. Another one goes without an opportunity

From The OS;
The son of former player and physio Ronnie Evans, defensive midfielder George Evans was spotted playing in a local tournament at the JJB Sports Dome along with fellow EDS starlet, George Glendon.

He became the second player to represent City at every level from U8s to the first team after coming on against Sunderland in the League Cup in September 2015 – the first being Chris Chantler.

Who do you believe?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11673/10135768/reading-agree-deal-for-manchester-city-midfielder-george-evans

Reading have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City centre-back George Evans, according to Sky sources.

The 21-year-old is understood to have snubbed Championship rivals Brentford, who are searching for a new centre-back as they prepare to let James Tarkwoski leave the club.

Evans, who came through City's youth academy, has been impressing on a loan at League One side Walsall, who were previously managed by current Brentford boss Dean Smith.

City only recalled Evans from his loan at Walsall on Saturday and Smith was understood to be keen to take him to Griffin Park, but he is now on the verge of joining the Royals.

Evans has never made a first team appearance for City in any competition but he has previously spent time on loan at Crewe and Scunthorpe.

This season he has made 17 appearances for the Saddlers and scored four goals in all competitions.

Evans was doing great at Walsall, many MOTM performances, 4 goals too. Another one goes without an opportunity

From The OS;
The son of former player and physio Ronnie Evans, defensive midfielder George Evans was spotted playing in a local tournament at the JJB Sports Dome along with fellow EDS starlet, George Glendon.

He became the second player to represent City at every level from U8s to the first team after coming on against Sunderland in the League Cup in September 2015 – the first being Chris Chantler.

Who do you believe?

who the fuck is chris chantler and when did he play for the first team???
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

From The OS;

Who do you believe?

Ask sky news.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

From The OS;

Who do you believe?

He came on as a sub for us in a European game when Mancini was in charge, it was his birthday iirc.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

From The OS;

Who do you believe?

The smackhead lookin' fellla who got a run-out for his birthday.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:14 pm

Was Chantler a left-back?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Ha! I had completely forgotten this crackhead

I remembered he was a midfielder but TB is correct as I found an article on the OS mentioning he's a left back.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 pm

he's without a club at the moment. Seems to have had a really rough time with a lot of injuries, but at least it's given him time to work on that six pack.

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:he's without a club at the moment. Seems to have had a really rough time with a lot of injuries, but at least it's given him time to work on that six pack.

He signed for Macclesfield a couple of weeks back.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:he's without a club at the moment. Seems to have had a really rough time with a lot of injuries, but at least it's given him time to work on that six pack.

He signed for Macclesfield a couple of weeks back.

Good for him! He didn't mention it on his Twitter.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Best of luck to George, hope to see him in the Premier League one day.

It will be great to see some of these kids in the first team, but they have to get there on merit not sentiment. I do feel we need to give them more of a chance in the first team (was Navas really needed on Saturday?), partly to improve them and partly to give others in the youth teams hope they can get there too.

Hopefully we can win the league with a few games to spare so a few kids can get some game time to rest the big players in advance of the FA and CL finals
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:52 pm

male version of bobfoc?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Our youth developments primary focus is not to provide players for our first team but to provide an extra revenue stream through loan fees and sell on's. If 1 in 500 is actually good enough for our first team, it is a bonus.

I know they we are not the only ones doing it but I do find the stock pilling of youth players and then farming them out with no real intention of them ever playing for us slightly unethical.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

male version of bobfoc?

Surprised that jovetic isn't photo bombing
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ray78 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Good luck to the kid. He is at an age where he needs regular games and at City there are no guarantees at this stage.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:11 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Our youth developments primary focus is not to provide players for our first team but to provide an extra revenue stream through loan fees and sell on's. If 1 in 500 is actually good enough for our first team, it is a bonus.

I know they we are not the only ones doing it but I do find the stock pilling of youth players and then farming them out with no real intention of them ever playing for us slightly unethical.

How are we stockpiling? And can you explain what you find unethical please mate? Genuine questions.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum