Injury Table

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injury Table

Postby The Maine Man » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:Do we have state of the art injury management? It sounds obvious for a club like us, but I read a good article about Leicester having a cryogenic facility, oxygen therapy and some radical forward thinking capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what we do, but hopefully more than a magic sponge, and better still if it's somewhere we invest as heavily as we do in our academy.

We've got all the bells and whistles - there was a thing about it around the time the Academy opened - all state of the art. Sod all good it's done us this season though.

"The building that houses City's first-team squad contains a hypoxic chamber where players can run at altitude or in extreme temperatures, a hydro-therapy area for treating injuries and even a hydro treadmill with underwater cameras to monitor a player's movement. "

All that is good stuff but it's not exactly ground breaking, whereas Leicester's cryogenic facility is. If we haven't gone down that route is like to know when we will. We are making huge progress but we haven't nailed it in every area off the pitch. I recently visited the Nou Camp and then took my boys for the Etihad tour. There was no comparison, it was Disney vs Gulliver's World.

Which was which?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ry-7348921

Reassuring but I think they must've broken it. I hope Vinny is living in it.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:01 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:Do we have state of the art injury management? It sounds obvious for a club like us, but I read a good article about Leicester having a cryogenic facility, oxygen therapy and some radical forward thinking capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what we do, but hopefully more than a magic sponge, and better still if it's somewhere we invest as heavily as we do in our academy.

We've got all the bells and whistles - there was a thing about it around the time the Academy opened - all state of the art. Sod all good it's done us this season though.

"The building that houses City's first-team squad contains a hypoxic chamber where players can run at altitude or in extreme temperatures, a hydro-therapy area for treating injuries and even a hydro treadmill with underwater cameras to monitor a player's movement. "

All that is good stuff but it's not exactly ground breaking, whereas Leicester's cryogenic facility is. If we haven't gone down that route is like to know when we will. We are making huge progress but we haven't nailed it in every area off the pitch. I recently visited the Nou Camp and then took my boys for the Etihad tour. There was no comparison, it was Disney vs Gulliver's World.

Which was which?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ry-7348921

Reassuring but I think they must've broken it. I hope Vinny is living in it.

Maybe Vinny and co. spend too much time in it and that's why they are constantly broken like glass/ice?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Sky have published their Injury Table this week

Premier League - most injuries this season

Team Number of injuries
Man City 51
Liverpool 41
Man Utd 40
Sunderland 39
Stoke 37
Newcastle 37
West Ham 29
Crystal Palace 29
Aston Villa 29
Tottenham 28
Chelsea 27
Bournemouth 26
Everton 26
Arsenal 22
Southampton 21
West Brom 19
Leicester 15
Swansea 13
Norwich 11
Watford 10

That is pretty depressing reading

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... the-fewest
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Holy cow.............that's a lot!!!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby PeterParker » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Sky have published their Injury Table this week

Team Number of injuries
Man City 51
Liverpool 41
Man Utd 40
Sunderland 39
Stoke 37
Newcastle 37
West Ham 29
Crystal Palace 29
Aston Villa 29
Tottenham 28
Chelsea 27
Bournemouth 26
Everton 26
Arsenal 22
Southampton 21
West Brom 19
Leicester 15
Swansea 13
Norwich 11
Watford 10

I might be wrong. but I think we are the English team that played the most games in the last three years.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Sky have published their Injury Table this week

Team Number of injuries
Man City 51
Liverpool 41
Man Utd 40
Sunderland 39
Stoke 37
Newcastle 37
West Ham 29
Crystal Palace 29
Aston Villa 29
Tottenham 28
Chelsea 27
Bournemouth 26
Everton 26
Arsenal 22
Southampton 21
West Brom 19
Leicester 15
Swansea 13
Norwich 11
Watford 10

I might be wrong. but I think we are the English team that played the most games in the last three years.

its bad luck though, E.G. KDB didn't play for us for the other two seasons, Liverpool have played the most games this season with the Europa and their domestic cup replays.

We are way ahead of the rest, its crazy. I have not heard us moan like Wenger, Klopp, and Butthead?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Pep is gonna go mad if this is the case next year.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Pellegrini on injury situation today. Only 14 outfield players available. Kompany worked partially with squad this week, fully next week. Bony probably starts with squad next week. Mangala had a setback and is out for two weeks more. Navas out for 3 weeks. de Bruyne and Nasri long term injuries.

Not great. Kelechi should get time but one or two youngsters may be needed this month at least.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 pm

'Yeah, but with all that money they should be walking the league, regardless of their first 11 being on the treatment table'.

Or words to that effect.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Silva went off injured today and will not be fit for Spurs. These injuries are killing our season.
South Stand Balti

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:56 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Silva went off injured today and will not be fit for Spurs. These injuries are killing our season.

A bit of protection against the constant fouls would be nice. About the same as other teams get would do. It has been open season on our attacking players for a number of seasons. This is where the referees have the most influence, the constant ankle tapping, standing on toes, etc., that defenders can get away with when, for example, the ref is a munich bastard.

If we win anything at all with all these injuries, it will be a miracle.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Silva went off injured today and will not be fit for Spurs. These injuries are killing our season.

A bit of protection against the constant fouls would be nice. About the same as other teams get would do. It has been open season on our attacking players for a number of seasons. This is where the referees have the most influence, the constant ankle tapping, standing on toes, etc., that defenders can get away with when, for example, the ref is a munich bastard.

This is where a lot of people don't see the actions against us, it's not the penalty claims or the red card offences, it's cuter than that. Aguero had his toe trodden on, deliberately, early on yesterday. That makes you think when you're going in again with your back to the defender. Aguero was kicked from behind five times by Morgan before a yellow card was given, which tells Aguero he's got to take that every time and tells Morgan that he can do it without recrimination. As soon as he got booked this task was given to Huth who carried on with it. Silva has a shot in the first half that's clearly took a deflection, bye kick given. Okazaki touches the ball last before it goes out yet Leicester get a corner which they score from despite two fouls on Kolarov and Demichelis. Fernandinho, against Sunderland, gets taken from behind and lands on the ball which the Sunderland player tries to get back and kicks Fernandinho on the head, yellow card to Fernandinho for time wasting.
Silva and Aguero are seen as injury prone. I don't see it as that although they do suffer lots of injuries it is due to the constant kicking and stamping on ankles and feet which has them both hurt most of the time.
In yesterdays game I noticed Leicester breaking at pace, Vardy runs offside through the middle, again deliberately, our defenders don't know whether to stop and play him off or keep playing which means a hesitation that allows an onside Drinkwater to get down the channel and try to get the ball back to a now onside Vardy. It's not illegal, but the rules are being bent by everyone except us. We don't foul in the other teams half to stop breaks. Why?? We'd get booked yet other teams don't. I seen an excellent article by Danny Higginbottom last week saying the reason Spurs are doing so well is the amount of fouls they give away at the edge of the opposition's box rather than let the team break and try to defend against them.
I may be seen as paranoid but I'm just pointing out some of the things I see every week. We, as a club, need to more cynical and play to the edge of the rules and when things go against us we need someone from the club, whether a manager or player, to tell everyone about it and point out what's going out without sounding bleaty. No one in the media will do this for us unlike for Scouse and Salford reds.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Excellent post.
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:42 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

This is where a lot of people don't see the actions against us, it's not the penalty claims or the red card offences, it's cuter than that. Aguero had his toe trodden on, deliberately, early on yesterday. That makes you think when you're going in again with your back to the defender. Aguero was kicked from behind five times by Morgan before a yellow card was given, which tells Aguero he's got to take that every time and tells Morgan that he can do it without recrimination. As soon as he got booked this task was given to Huth who carried on with it. Silva has a shot in the first half that's clearly took a deflection, bye kick given. Okazaki touches the ball last before it goes out yet Leicester get a corner which they score from despite two fouls on Kolarov and Demichelis. Fernandinho, against Sunderland, gets taken from behind and lands on the ball which the Sunderland player tries to get back and kicks Fernandinho on the head, yellow card to Fernandinho for time wasting.
Silva and Aguero are seen as injury prone. I don't see it as that although they do suffer lots of injuries it is due to the constant kicking and stamping on ankles and feet which has them both hurt most of the time.
In yesterdays game I noticed Leicester breaking at pace, Vardy runs offside through the middle, again deliberately, our defenders don't know whether to stop and play him off or keep playing which means a hesitation that allows an onside Drinkwater to get down the channel and try to get the ball back to a now onside Vardy. It's not illegal, but the rules are being bent by everyone except us. We don't foul in the other teams half to stop breaks. Why?? We'd get booked yet other teams don't. I seen an excellent article by Danny Higginbottom last week saying the reason Spurs are doing so well is the amount of fouls they give away at the edge of the opposition's box rather than let the team break and try to defend against them.
I may be seen as paranoid but I'm just pointing out some of the things I see every week. We, as a club, need to more cynical and play to the edge of the rules and when things go against us we need someone from the club, whether a manager or player, to tell everyone about it and point out what's going out without sounding bleaty. No one in the media will do this for us unlike for Scouse and Salford reds.

There's lot of good points about the willingness to show cards to us where in similar cases opponents don't even get a talking to (I swear I am not paranoid on this issue!).
And the kicking to ankles of Silva, Aguero etc and zero protection.

But unless the rules have changed since I last checked there is nothing wrong in that highlighted part and it's just smart play from Vardy which our forwards should do as well.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

There's lot of good points about the willingness to show cards to us where in similar cases opponents don't even get a talking to (I swear I am not paranoid on this issue!).
And the kicking to ankles of Silva, Aguero etc and zero protection.

But unless the rules have changed since I last checked there is nothing wrong in that highlighted part and it's just smart play from Vardy which our forwards should do as well.

Arsenal used to do it with RVP all the time, he'd stand five or six yards offside, the ball would be played over the top for Walcott to chase, when he got the ball he'd have an unmarked RVP in the centre to aim at, it's clever.

It also shows why the not interfering rule is a load of bollocks. If a defence is trying to play someone offside that means that player is interfering with play, end of story.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:07 pm

I know there's nothing wrong with it according to today's interpretation of the laws. That's why I say we need to be cuter and do these things and foul before the halfway line, stand in the way of quick free kicks, take ours quick to try and get other players booked, go down when tackled and shout from the rooftops when we're not allowed to do what others do to us.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:25 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

That's exactly what happened, but point it out and it's seen as sour grapes. Sure the plucky underdog doing well is great, but that is ugly anti football they're playing
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:06 pm

So no Silva for Spurs (or Kiev or Chelsea) supposedly.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So no Silva for Spurs (or Kiev or Chelsea) supposedly.

Is that the latest? I didn't expect him for Chelsea but I was hoping Kiev. It's over 2 weeks away.
South Stand Balti

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So no Silva for Spurs (or Kiev or Chelsea) supposedly.

great
that means no chance that the lump will get dropped
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum