2 additional minutes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2 additional minutes

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Very strange. We all say 'we' don't we?

I use "us" a lot also recently.

As in "I fucking hate us."

Cheers

Shouldn't those be capitals?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bigblue » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm

phips wrote:i see. so there's only 1 right way? and i should be banned for having a different opinion?
well that's encouraging.

I'll just keep asking you this until I get a response:

If we were to play Dortmund, who would you root for?

Or how about this:

If Silva and Reus were about to eat poisoned food, but you only had the time to call and warn one of them, who would you save?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Very strange. We all say 'we' don't we?

I use "us" a lot also recently.

As in "I fucking hate us."

Cheers

Incorrect plural use. The correct use of "us" is in replacement for "me" or "I" as in "Get us a brew, luv".
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby phips » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:21 am

bigblue wrote:
phips wrote:i see. so there's only 1 right way? and i should be banned for having a different opinion?
well that's encouraging.

you can keep asking all you like. i have you blocked so i dont see anything you have to say.

by chance i got curious and looked at this post...so,

i dont need to answer that question because my response--either one of them--is irrelevant and neither one diminishes my fandom of either. unlike you i find it very easy to support two clubs, especially when they hardly play. now, if they were both in the Premier League that would be asinine and i wouldn't be able to do that. since they dont i dont have to worry about it.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:55 pm

phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:
well that's encouraging.

you can keep asking all you like. i have you blocked so i dont see anything you have to say.

by chance i got curious and looked at this post...so,

i dont need to answer that question because my response--either one of them--is irrelevant and neither one diminishes my fandom of either. unlike you i find it very easy to support two clubs, especially when they hardly play. now, if they were both in the Premier League that would be asinine and i wouldn't be able to do that. since they dont i dont have to worry about it.

While you have blocked me, you'll probably get curious again by chance... so,

Considering people continuously question if you're a City fan or not, it's actually one of the most relevant questions you can ask. You see, most people believe that to support a team, you root for them to win vs anyone else. That's pretty much the definition of supporting a team. Simple really.

You may find it easy to "support" 2 clubs, but for some reason find it really difficult to have fellow supporters believe that you're behind the team.

While they don't play in the same domestic league, they do both play in the Champions league. And as we all know, only one team can win the trophy... so if we played Dortmund in the CL final, who would you want to win???
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Don't waste your time bigblue. We all know the answer and what a charlatan he is
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Wheres OD ?...these posts about Phips mean nothing unless OD is involved in them.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Wheres OD ?...these posts about Phips mean nothing unless OD is involved in them.

He is probably trying to work out Phips answer to Big Blue I know I am.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby phips » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:21 am

bigblue wrote:You see, most people believe that to support a team, you root for them to win vs anyone else. That's pretty much the definition of supporting a team. Simple really.
Okay.

You may find it easy to "support" 2 clubs, but for some reason find it really difficult to have fellow supporters believe that you're behind the team.
I dont need to have any believe anything. i dont make sure people know who i support or how fervently i support them. supporting a team in any sport is a personal thing. i couldn't care less if you and OriginalDouche (or anyone else) think im not a City fan. because, guess what, it doesn't matter.

While they don't play in the same domestic league, they do both play in the Champions league. And as we all know, only one team can win the trophy... so if we played Dortmund in the CL final, who would you want to win???
how about we cross that bridge if/when we get there, eh?

contrary to what you may believe I've been actively able to strongly support 2 teams in another sport for over 15 years (one of them for over 25) and, gasp, they play each other. at that point i say that i wish for a good game but, as the thing wears on, i will gradually begin to cheer for one over the other. sometimes the recipient changes from one game to another when they play. now that may sound like "plastic fandom" or something but i assure you its not. not that you'll take my word for it, you dont believe anything i say and are stuck in your ways. not that i care.

dont bother responding.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 am

Red is a proper color for your response
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:51 am

bigblue wrote:Red is a proper color for your response

You only asked him a question. Why skirt round it?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby aaron bond » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:33 am

phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:You see, most people believe that to support a team, you root for them to win vs anyone else. That's pretty much the definition of supporting a team. Simple really.
Okay.

I dont need to have any believe anything. i dont make sure people know who i support or how fervently i support them. supporting a team in any sport is a personal thing. i couldn't care less if you and OriginalDouche (or anyone else) think im not a City fan. because, guess what, it doesn't matter.

how about we cross that bridge if/when we get there, eh?

contrary to what you may believe I've been actively able to strongly support 2 teams in another sport for over 15 years (one of them for over 25) and, gasp, they play each other. at that point i say that i wish for a good game but, as the thing wears on, i will gradually begin to cheer for one over the other. sometimes the recipient changes from one game to another when they play. now that may sound like "plastic fandom" or something but i assure you its not. not that you'll take my word for it, you dont believe anything i say and are stuck in your ways. not that i care.

dont bother responding.

So if you're watching a game and you support both teams, you 'gradually begin to cheer for one over the other'.

The team who is winning I assume.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 am

If two teams are playing each other, he slowly starts to cheer one of them on?

I always start to clap with one hand and then slowly bring the other hand in.

What a fucking gigantic cunt this lad is.
Original Dub

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:15 am

Original Dub wrote:If two teams are playing each other, he slowly starts to cheer one of them on?

Being from Huddersfield yet being a Blue I obviously have a little affection towards Town as well.

My heart lay with City and I am CTID. However upon reading the response to Big Blue I have had to have a major rethink as to what would happen should we ever meet in obe of the cups.

I have decided that I would take five minute stints in supporting each team. Now on Phips logic I cannot decide what I would have to do if I went to watch the game.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby gillie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:59 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:If two teams are playing each other, he slowly starts to cheer one of them on?

Being from Huddersfield yet being a Blue I obviously have a little affection towards Town as well.

My heart lay with City and I am CTID. However upon reading the response to Big Blue I have had to have a major rethink as to what would happen should we ever meet in obe of the cups.

I have decided that I would take five minute stints in supporting each team. Now on Phips logic I cannot decide what I would have to do if I went to watch the game.

You could always buy a half and half scarf Jim:)
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:08 pm

ruralblue wrote:

I have the exact same affiliation as you Jim lad, being born in Huddersfield. Yet one of my finest hours of supporting City was the 10-1 in 87.

School was just fantastic for weeks after.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum