2 additional minutes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

2 additional minutes

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Could someone please explain how there were just 2 minutes extra, when Kolarov was down for around 4 minutes and there were at least 4 substitutions?

I can only think that Mr Moss completely forgot about Aleks' injury.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: 2 additional minutes

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:43 pm

He probably realised "Hmmmm what if Cabaye goes on and scores!". It wouldn't have affected the three points but any remote chance if them getting a goal and Cabaye being involved he would have bee under mass scrutiny.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Could someone please explain how there were just 2 minutes extra, when Kolarov was down for around 4 minutes and there were at least 4 substitutions?

Can't have us improve our goal difference now, can we?

In fairness though I was fuckin freezing and when Kolarov went down, I was thinking "an extra 5 minutes injury time" please, no haha
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:48 pm

ruralblue wrote:He probably realised "Hmmmm what if Cabaye goes on and scores!". It wouldn't have affected the three points but any remote chance if them getting a goal and Cabaye being involved he would have bee under mass scrutiny.

That Cabaye pull back was down below us. Ridiculous that he didn't get a second yellow for that. Moss completely bottled it.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:19 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Could someone please explain how there were just 2 minutes extra, when Kolarov was down for around 4 minutes and there were at least 4 substitutions?

They shifted Kolarov quite quick. I remember thinking it was reasonably quick but they would prob put loads of injury time on. With the subs etc I thought it should have been 4-5 mins. The subs were quicker than usual. No one walking off from 40 yards away today
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tim777 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:39 pm

I thought that as well about the 2 minutes, it should have been more

Amazing too that on the same day there was that controversy with the 99th minute Terry goal.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:54 pm

The ref didn't apply the rules twice. No doubt 4 minutes minimum but also the sending off should have been nailed on but he took the decision ( some would say sensibly) to be lenient when he knew he should send him off. Will the ref assessor mark him down for that?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Re the sending off of Cabaye. Utterly irrelevant if there is twenty minutes or two minutes either on the clock or left to go. The integrity of the sport and it's officiating is at stake. Cabaye is now free to play the next game where he shouldn't have giving a Palace an unfair advantage. The totting up of yellows also is part of this. Either the laws are applied correctly or they may as well not be.

Every decision counts or no decision counts
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:38 pm

ruralblue wrote:He probably realised "Hmmmm what if Cabaye goes on and scores!". It wouldn't have affected the three points but any remote chance if them getting a goal and Cabaye being involved he would have bee under mass scrutiny.

dont be delusional.
more likely referee error than corruption. or the fact that it was 4-0; just end the match. 2 mins vs. 4 mins makes no difference.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:00 pm

phips wrote:

dont be delusional.
more likely referee error than corruption. or the fact that it was 4-0; just end the match. 2 mins vs. 4 mins makes no difference.

Delusional? No it doesn't matter at all does it. What if we'd scored another and that goal was the difference at the end of the season? No you're right. The title will never be decided by goal difference......
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tim777 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:01 pm

phips wrote:

dont be delusional.

It took 4 minutes for you to be conceived, dad should have pulled out at 2.

Of course it makes a difference, Palace could have scored thus taking away our clean sheet, or we could have added to our goal difference. Look at what happened with Chelsea, there wouldn't have been a chance for an equaliser if the ref had blown the whistle at 97' or when the ball was kicked out of play between 97' and 99'. Refs cannot just end a game when they feel like.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:04 pm

He probably saw how empty the stadium was and assumed his watch was wrong so just blew up.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:05 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
phips wrote:

dont be delusional.

Delusional? No it doesn't matter at all does it. What if we'd scored another and that goal was the difference at the end of the season? No you're right. The title will never be decided by goal difference......

Two minutes doesn't make any difference at all. Should have stopped the QPR game at 91.20 . You are right bit of extra time is neither her nor there is it.

Oh and fuck off you twat!

Cheers
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:41 am

nottsblue wrote:Re the sending off of Cabaye. Utterly irrelevant if there is twenty minutes or two minutes either on the clock or left to go. The integrity of the sport and it's officiating is at stake. Cabaye is now free to play the next game where he shouldn't have giving a Palace an unfair advantage. The totting up of yellows also is part of this. Either the laws are applied correctly or they may as well not be.

Every decision counts or no decision counts

100% this.

The rules are the rules......for most clubs.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:46 am

It's another rule open to abuse. Time lost through delaying tactics never gets added on. It drives me nutz.
That's why I would love to see two halves of 30 minutes, on a stadium clock that is stopped when the ball is out of play.
We'd get clarity and more action.
Sure teams would still try and break up the flow of the game, but that time would not be lost and it would be a lot more difficult to achieve.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:46 am

It's another rule open to abuse. Time lost through delaying tactics never gets added on. It drives me nutz.
That's why I would love to see two halves of 30 minutes, on a stadium clock that is stopped when the ball is out of play.
We'd get clarity and more action.
Sure teams would still try and break up the flow of the game, but that time would not be lost and it would be a lot more difficult to achieve.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 am

Tim777 wrote:
phips wrote:

dont be delusional.

It took 4 minutes for you to be conceived, dad should have pulled out at 2

Absolutely brilliant
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Tim777 wrote:
phips wrote:

dont be delusional.

It took 4 minutes for you to be conceived, dad should have pulled out at 2

Absolutely brilliant

Ahaha I missed that yesterday! Well played Tim777!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby phips » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Tim777 wrote:
phips wrote:

dont be delusional.

Of course it makes a difference, Palace could have scored thus taking away our clean sheet, or we could have added to our goal difference. Look at what happened with Chelsea, there wouldn't have been a chance for an equaliser if the ref had blown the whistle at 97' or when the ball was kicked out of play between 97' and 99'. Refs cannot just end a game when they feel like.

correct they should not. but to think that whoever that ref was was thinking "it should 4 but im gonna blow for 2 so City dont increase their goal differential which might rob them on the title come May" is absurd. not everything that happens in a match that doesn't go in City's favor is corruption and a campaign against the Arab owners. its fucking incompetence and/or laziness. you sound like Jose moaning about decisions.

do you wear your tin foil helmet and believe in black helicopter conspiracies?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus