Real and Atletico decision

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Real and Atletico decision

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:34 pm

They are both banned by FIFA from registering new players in the Summer 2016 and January 2017 transfer windows. The chances of either selling high profile names are thus sharply diminished eg Bale Ronaldo possibly Isco. No chance of de Gea going to Real either.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Real and Atletico decision

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:54 pm

can De Gea go this January though?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 pm

I don't think the ban applies to this month but it's very hard to make a big change over in a squad this month. They'll both appeal of course but no real chance of success given the earlier decision on Barca. Barca got a delay by appealing but the decision was announced in April. Announcing the decision in January makes a delay very unlikely.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 pm

I don't feel for those clubs, Barcelona and Real, but how in hell some institution that has a corrupted core as FIFA is, how can they play judge and jury?

Amazing.

PS: I also think this is the end of Simeone at Atletico.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:27 pm

I think it's to do with these Clubs breaching regulations applying to young players. One of the player deals which got Real into trouble was that relating to Zidane's son! Agree about Simeone. Could end up at United or Chelsea but he needs to improve his English.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Scatman wrote:can De Gea go this January though?

yes. ban doesnt affect this month as the window opened before this ruling.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:04 pm

phips wrote:

yes. ban doesnt affect this month as the window opened before this ruling.

Very interesting to see what happens here. I can't imagine Utd would want this to happen during this window at all unless the fee offered is ridiculous.

I suspect he stays one more season now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:07 pm

How will this affect the Hazard situation as well? I thought he would be off this summer to Madrid. Maybe he stays now too.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:15 pm

I guess Hazard will be looking at which manager comes in to Chelsea this Summer. We could be in for him, so could the rags. He won't be going to Spain until 2017 that's for sure.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 pm

blues2win wrote:I guess Hazard will be looking at which manager comes in to Chelsea this Summer. We could be in for him, so could the rags. He won't be going to Spain until 2017 that's for sure.

Hard to see them selling to us. Utd seems a bit more likely as they are desperate for someone like him since no chance Bale is sold now. I think PSG might the the sleeper here. They'd be happy to break the bank to get him, and at least it wouldn't be to a Premier League rival. Thing is global exposure not as good playing in France. Bayern would probably interested as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:I don't feel for those clubs, Barcelona and Real, but how in hell some institution that has a corrupted core as FIFA is, how can they play judge and jury?

Amazing.

Interesting thought. I don't know where he'd go, since defensive managers are out of fashion in the Premier League. Possibly to Chelsea, since they're in such a mess that they won't be too arsed about 'style'. I can't seeing rocking up at our place or in Stretford, put it that way.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:30 pm

PrezIke wrote:
blues2win wrote:I guess Hazard will be looking at which manager comes in to Chelsea this Summer. We could be in for him, so could the rags. He won't be going to Spain until 2017 that's for sure.

Hard to see them selling to us. Utd seems a bit more likely as they are desperate for someone like him since no chance Bale is sold now. I think PSG might the the sleeper here. They'd be happy to break the bank to get him, and at least it wouldn't be to a Premier League rival. Thing is global exposure not as good playing in France. Bayern would probably interested as well.

I wouldn't bank on seeing much transfer activity from PSG in the next few years. Qatar are seriously shitting themselves over the low hydrocarbons prices. Put petrol up an unprecedented 30% today, utilities up by 50% a few weeks back, are projecting a massive budget deficit for the year ahead and still have a world athletics championship and World Cup to fund.

Wouldn't be surprised to see City reigning it in unless we are making a genuine operating profit and spend some of the Chinese capital in the summer. I think we might go quiet in the transfer market after this summer for a while.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I wouldn't bank on seeing much transfer activity from PSG in the next few years. Qatar are seriously shitting themselves over the low hydrocarbons prices. Put petrol up an unprecedented 30% today, utilities up by 50% a few weeks back, are projecting a massive budget deficit for the year ahead and still have a world athletics championship and World Cup to fund.

Wouldn't be surprised to see City reigning it in unless we are making a genuine operating profit and spend some of the Chinese capital in the summer. I think we might go quiet in the transfer market after this summer for a while.

Fair point,. This could affect Chelsea as well. Premier League still generates in the biggest profits with the TV deal, and we have several investments so I'm not too worried just yet. Will be interesting to see if this does change the dynamics of the transfer market.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Isn't it this summer that the new TV deal kicks in?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby phips » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:41 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I don't feel for those clubs, Barcelona and Real, but how in hell some institution that has a corrupted core as FIFA is, how can they play judge and jury?

Amazing.

Interesting thought. I don't know where he'd go, since defensive managers are out of fashion in the Premier League. Possibly to Chelsea, since they're in such a mess that they won't be too arsed about 'style'. I can't seeing rocking up at our place or in Stretford, put it that way.

as long as they dont sell their assets (Griezmann, Niguez, Godin, Oblak, etc) they should be good for 2 windows. they just brought in 5 or 6 good players last window. not sure why he'd want to leave just because of this.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:59 am

That would be fanatastic That would finish the bastards off, there'd be people committing suicide off the roof at OT.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:23 am

john@staustell wrote:

That would be fanatastic That would finish the bastards off, there'd be people committing suicide off the roof at OT.

Could make the rest of January very interesting this. For a lot of players including Kun ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Marca today.The Premier League clubs have found a loophole, a chink in the FIFA regulations that arguably may handicap their development pathways but which has, at least for now, kept them at bay from the sanctions that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético Madrid have been hit with.In England, the competitions for under-18s do not have official status. Foreign gems who flock over there do not sign professional terms before they turn 16 and do not play competitive football until they have come of age. "They just train and take part in friendlies against fellow academies. Once they are 18, they join up with the under-18 and under-21 teams, which can be a big leap", a coach from an English youth set-up confided.The Premier League established the Elite Player Performance Plan a few years ago to modernise the country's academies, which have been split into four tiers. The top-ranked set-ups have privileges when it comes to signing players, enabling them to take advantage of the elimination of the so-called '90-minute rule', which prevented clubs from snapping up youngsters who lived more than an hour and a half's drive away. All the same, it is nigh on impossible to bring in a kid from a long distance away if their parents do not make the move, which often requires a job to be found for them by the club.Young players pursue their normal studies at their clubs, as well as training, and are essentially amateurs until they turn 16. As another source put it, "There are no league tables or team sheets. Everything is dealt with through each club's internal books, so it is difficult for the Football Association to keep under control".Since 2012, the Professional Development League - which is divided into under-18 and under-21 age groups and tiered according to the academy ratings - has provided the first opportunity for budding prospects (those who haven't made the step up to the first team or gone out on loan) to cut their teeth competitively.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Could make the rest of January very interesting this. For a lot of players including Kun ?

Not a snowball's chance in hell mate. These big deals nowadays take at least 6 months to finalise if not a year. Whoever wrote that Real are suddenly going to buy these players was either entirely stupid, clinically insane or about to be thrown out of some Fleet St or Wapping watering hole.

And any journo who thinks the Guardiola destination, fixed at least 6 months ago if not 18, is still in the air should seek alternative employment.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Real Madrid director general: 'Many European clubs' face transfer bans

Real Madrid director general Jose Angel Sanchez says he expects many more European clubs to be hit by transfer bans for breaking youth transfer regulations -- and that cases are already advanced against some Premier League clubs.

FIFA has announced that Madrid and Atletico Madrid have been banned from registering new players in the next two transfer windows after committing irregularities in youth transfers -- similar to the punishment handed out in 2014 to fellow La Liga outfit Barcelona.

Both Madrid clubs are set to appeal against the decision, to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if necessary, although Barca were only able to postpone the punishment by six months when they tried to fight their ban.

At a news conference on Thursday, Sanchez repeatedly called the FIFA action "absurd," pointing out more than once that the four sons of current Madrid first-team coach and long-time Madrid resident Zinedine Zidane had been included in the documentation received.

Later that evening the long-time close associate of Blancos president Florentino Perez told El Larguero that FIFA there were "many other" similar cases open against clubs across Europe.

"There are cases open against many European clubs," Sanchez said. "Barcelona was the first case we heard about. But in reality there are cases against many other clubs."

Sanchez was asked if he considered it strange that only Spanish clubs have been punished so far -- with cases also reportedly opened against others including Valencia, Villarreal and Sevilla -- given that many young players from outside Europe have apparently joined clubs in other countries, including France and England.

He replied: "I do not know well about French cases, but with British clubs I have heard quite a bit, and I am aware of some disciplinary cases having been opened some time ago."

"I would imagine FIFA have limited resources to manage these type of cases and cannot do them all at the same time. But my feeling is this is being done on a European level, and that in the coming years there will be many more of these type of cases."

FIFA only permits international youth transfers when one of the following three situations apply: the player's parents have moved country for their own non-related reasons; the move takes place within the European Union if a player is aged between 16 and 18; or the player's home is less than 50 kilometres from the national border being crossed.

After his club had exhausted all means of trying to avoid the ban, and early reports had claimed Madrid and Atletico were set to suffer a similar punishment, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu said that he was in favour of an amnesty for all clubs who had been found guilty of breaching the youth transfer regulations.

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-di ... nsfer-bans
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum