Incompetence, Corruption or Just Bias?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Incompetence or Corruption

Incompetence
34%
Corruption
21%
Anti-City bias
45%

Total votes : 73

Re: Incompetence, Corruption or Just Bias?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I think Pellegrini might be onto something; I think a review system would be good. Managers should get one unsuccessful review per game, limited to red cards, penalties and goals (dis)allowed for being on/offside. If you get it wrong, you lose your review. If you get it right, you keep it. Reviews can be called when the ball next goes out of play. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Pellegrini said this? But I thought he was just rolling over and accepting poor decisions that are given against us?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:56 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I think Pellegrini might be onto something; I think a review system would be good. Managers should get one unsuccessful review per game, limited to red cards, penalties and goals (dis)allowed for being on/offside. If you get it wrong, you lose your review. If you get it right, you keep it. Reviews can be called when the ball next goes out of play. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Pellegrini said this? But I thought he was just rolling over and accepting poor decisions that are given against us?

Not as such; he simply floated the idea of the managerial right to challenge decisions in a presser a couple of weeks ago. The finer details are mine (and are basically just a rip-off from the DRS in international cricket).

Now I've thought about it further, I would limit it further in regard to offsides. I think it would be useful to challenge goals which have been given but should have been flagged; however, disallowed goals is tougher area. If the whistle has gone and some players have stopped playing by the time the attacking team scores, then it wasn't exactly a disallowed goal, was it?

It may be better just to bring it in for penalties and straight reds.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Crossie wrote:

Excellent idea, the manager would have to then tell the players to only dare go down if they are certain they were fouled. Then making any appeal likely to be upheld.

This would result in a much more honest game. A game for men again.

That is all well and good until the Champions League games come around and messi, Neymar, Suarez, James Rodriguez, Ronaldo etc etc dive every 30 seconds and get all the decisions. I want change for the good of the game across all the top leagues and competitions, or we will once again be at the disadvantage and mercy of the Uefa cheaters
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:59 pm

As an aside. Does anyone know of any Referee (apart from Jeff winter) to be honest and upfront about who they support? I think it should be public knowledge and they should not be able to Referee those games.

I know Anthony Taylor is a rag, he lives local to me but has decided to say he supports Altrincham to get h out of any shit.

At least Jeff Winter openly said he supports Boro and should Referee any of their games.
Wonderwall

Postby bayblue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:56 pm

I'd be interested to see the views of the refs.
I always hated reffing my lads' games, mainly cos I enjoyed watching the game and forgot to concentrate, but in seriousness I did find it a really hard job.

With the technology these days it'd be simple to adopt the rugby approach. People say it's stop the game too much but the better rugby refs manage it really well.

The manager's appeal idea sounds ok but might not lead to as fair an outcome (assuming the number of appeals is limited) as if you give the responsibility to the ref. And - for what it's worth - I don't believe for a minute that PL refs are corrupt. I just think they are of varied quality, are asked to do a really hard job, and need all the help modern technology can offer to do a better and more consistent job.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Perhaps a simple after match interview like the managers have to do where the referee has to explain his decisions would help. It would make mugs of them for a week or two but that would be no bad thing, sorting the wheat from the chaff. The likes of East, Madely etc would then have nowhere to hide.

Let them earn their corn the hard way. If they don't like it then tough shit. There are dozens of referees in the lower leagues who would give their right arm to officiate at the highest level who can't be any worse. Give them a punt
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 pm

bayblue wrote:I'd be interested to see the views of the refs.
I always hated reffing my lads' games, mainly cos I enjoyed watching the game and forgot to concentrate, but in seriousness I did find it a really hard job.

With the technology these days it'd be simple to adopt the rugby approach. People say it's stop the game too much but the better rugby refs manage it really well.

The manager's appeal idea sounds ok but might not lead to as fair an outcome (assuming the number of appeals is limited) as if you give the responsibility to the ref. And - for what it's worth - I don't believe for a minute that PL refs are corrupt. I just think they are of varied quality, are asked to do a really hard job, and need all the help modern technology can offer to do a better and more consistent job.

Haha couldn't agree more..it's a thankless task and a very difficult one. Especially without linesmen on a Sunday morning. Hated it and understand how difficult it is, which is why we need technology
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Technology is already there and at this level of professionalism there is no longer any excuse not to have it.
They already have goal line technology. It would also be a very simple task for every player to be computer tagged in their jersey and also computer chip the ball if neccessary. Then GPS could tell whether a player was offside or not.
I'm sure there is plenty of ideas out there that could eliminate critical measurable decisions in a game, if the will was there to do it.
Have the lot transparent. Show the replays on screen.
You still need a ref to apply the rules but you could take a large percentage of the weekly mistakes out of the game.
It's not applicable to the kids league football or what you or I played on a Sunday morning, but then again what they are playing is a million miles from that already.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:03 am

I think managers/clubs should be allowed to listen to the recordings of the conversations between the officials at key points in a match as well, in real time ideally. Or be allowed to request that they be made public immediately after. I'd love to know what these bastards are saying to each other as they deny us yet another straightforward decision.

They must have audio files of them already, probably for training purposes if nothing else. Hmmm. I wish I had the skill....
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dimples » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:12 am

Should be just like the rugby for the big decisions - say penalty shouts and dives inside the box.
Ref passes it onto the judging panel, he is miked and says why, it is replayed on the big screen and the judging panel make the call.
(Diving in the box would be eliminated immediately).
Open, transparent, quick and the correct decisions are made.
Simple.

Because it is so simple to implement and we all know it works from the rugby - why is it not in place - thats right - vested interests (Man utd....)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 am

Dimples wrote:Should be just like the rugby for the big decisions - say penalty shouts and dives inside the box.
Ref passes it onto the judging panel, he is miked and says why, it is replayed on the big screen and the judging panel make the call.
(Diving in the box would be eliminated immediately).
Open, transparent, quick and the correct decisions are made.
Simple.

Because it is so simple to implement and we all know it works from the rugby - why is it not in place - thats right - vested interests (Man utd....)

Prexactly.
Harumph
Harumph
Harumph
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think managers/clubs should be allowed to listen to the recordings of the conversations between the officials at key points in a match as well, in real time ideally. Or be allowed to request that they be made public immediately after. I'd love to know what these bastards are saying to each other as they deny us yet another straightforward decision.

They must have audio files of them already, probably for training purposes if nothing else. Hmmm. I wish I had the skill....

If only someone know someone who was Anonymous. We know they like causes, let's get them involved

Wonderwall

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Actually, after I saw the performance of the same ref squad at Villa - Leicester, I actually believe it was pure stupidity on Wednesday.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 pm

PeterParker wrote:Actually, after I saw the performance of the same ref squad at Villa - Leicester, I actually believe it was pure stupidity on Wednesday.

He should've gone to Specsavers
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:Actually, after I saw the performance of the same ref squad at Villa - Leicester, I actually believe it was pure stupidity on Wednesday.

When the ref has an unblocked view of any fuckign incident and he waves play on then hes a fuckign cheating cunt..not inept..a cheating cunt.

Madeley and that other cunt we had for the everton game are cheating cunts who should not be allowed to ref us again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Bang on Carl.

They can't look at themselves in the mirror and say they didn't see what happened.

They saw it. There is a reason why they lied. It may all come out in years to come but it stinks to high heaven
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:48 am

Original Dub wrote:Bang on Carl.

They can't look at themselves in the mirror and say they didn't see what happened.

They saw it. There is a reason why they lied. It may all come out in years to come but it stinks to high heaven

If East and Madley are completely innocent and have no corruption or Bias, they are clearly incompetent and should be demoted, they are continually making big mistakes, which shows the PGMOL (professional Game Match Officials Ltd, for those who didnt know) they need extra training and should not be at the top level. I wonder if a team on the end of one of their mistakes, could to take PGMOL to court for Gross Incompetence and ask for them to cover the cost of that mistake.
Wonderwall

Postby gillie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Well if East had done his job and awarded the pen and presuming we had scored it we would now be 1 point in front at the top of the league instead of 1 point behind in 3rd.Now these refs decisions really are influencing the title race theres a fuckin surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

If East and Madley are completely innocent and have no corruption or Bias, they are clearly incompetent and should be demoted, they are continually making big mistakes, which shows the PGMOL (professional Game Match Officials Ltd, for those who didnt know) they need extra training and should not be at the top level. I wonder if a team on the end of one of their mistakes, could to take PGMOL to court for Gross Incompetence and ask for them to cover the cost of that mistake.

If litigation does rear its head then video technology will be brought in very quickly I would think...........................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:40 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

If litigation does rear its head then video technology will be brought in very quickly I would think...........................

Who is to say that's not the reason it's being introduced in the FA cup next season.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum