Incompetence, Corruption or Just Bias?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Incompetence or Corruption

Incompetence
34%
Corruption
21%
Anti-City bias
45%

Total votes : 73

Re: Incompetence, Corruption or Just Bias?

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Dimples wrote:This is my take on these 'decisions'. It is just an opinion not a religion.

Huge money is involved in the PL.
Vested interests will do whatever it takes to preserve their share.
They have power and as a result many ways at their disposal to protect their share.
Like Spartacus suggested indirectly (via refs careers) or directly with brown paper bags, etc...

What is certain is that the corruption is happening. Policy is being implemented.
Two examples:

1. Three big decisions have gone again'st us in the past 3 games. Three big decisions have gone Man Utd's way in the past 2 games.
That is not co-incidence. That is policy implementation.
They need Man Utd in the PL race and the CL (to protect their investment) also Man City over-shadowing Man Utd is very bad for business.
2. Fergie time. Think about that. A 'homely' term coined to paper over the blatent corruption.
Man Utd's rise to dominance dove tailed with Sky requiring a successful Man Utd to drive subscriptions - go figure!

What is also certain is that we are now a powerful club. On our way to being a super power. Sharing a platform with Real, Barca, Munich, etc...
You don't get to be powerful by being nice or naive or allowing the big boys to kick sand in you face. Look what happened to FFP.

You can be certain that the execs in our club are working on these lopsided 'decisions'.
You can also be certain that this work will be quietly, efficiently and ruthlessly.
I'd guess MP is under instructions to not comment on the 'decisions' - the club will deal with it.
This is the way the club does its business - and I think its a great way.

Here is a prediction. As this season progresses decisions like the ones in the last 3 games will not happen.
The problem will have been sorted of the field of play by the club execs.

As an aside.
I like watching good football - but it must be a level playing field for both teams.
I stopped watching Man Utd matches on TV years ago (unless they lost) because it was never an even playing field.
If they were in any kind of trouble - they got penalties, dodgy decisions, the opposition did not show up, bloated injury time, no bookings, etc...

I live in hope that someday somebody will spill the beans and the truth will emerge on their era of dominance.

Excellent and interesting post . Could I add to this now with Guardiola widely acknowledged as being our next manager this summer , appointed to take us to the "next" level certain figures in high and powerful places within the English game and media are posturing to destabilise us on and off the pitch ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:51 pm

One thing is for sure; if I saw the cunt out that ref'd us from last night I wouldn't think twice about going to prison.
Last edited by Mase on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:52 pm

I've never liked the idea of video replays etc, but I know think we shouldn't carry on without it. The peno on Navas and last night were both clearly seen by the refs. I believe both refs knew they were pens but, in the words of MP, simply chose not to blow the whistle. No point in playing games like that
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 pm

City64 wrote:
Dimples wrote:This is my take on these 'decisions'. It is just an opinion not a religion.

They have power and as a result many ways at their disposal to protect their share.
Like Spartacus suggested indirectly (via refs careers) or directly with brown paper bags, etc...

What is certain is that the corruption is happening. Policy is being implemented.
Two examples:

1. Three big decisions have gone again'st us in the past 3 games. Three big decisions have gone Man Utd's way in the past 2 games.
They need Man Utd in the PL race and the CL (to protect their investment) also Man City over-shadowing Man Utd is very bad for business.
2. Fergie time. Think about that. A 'homely' term coined to paper over the blatent corruption.
Man Utd's rise to dominance dove tailed with Sky requiring a successful Man Utd to drive subscriptions - go figure!

What is also certain is that we are now a powerful club. On our way to being a super power. Sharing a platform with Real, Barca, Munich, etc...
You don't get to be powerful by being nice or naive or allowing the big boys to kick sand in you face. Look what happened to FFP.

You can be certain that the execs in our club are working on these lopsided 'decisions'.
You can also be certain that this work will be quietly, efficiently and ruthlessly.
I'd guess MP is under instructions to not comment on the 'decisions' - the club will deal with it.

Here is a prediction. As this season progresses decisions like the ones in the last 3 games will not happen.

As an aside.
I like watching good football - but it must be a level playing field for both teams.
I stopped watching Man Utd matches on TV years ago (unless they lost) because it was never an even playing field.
If they were in any kind of trouble - they got penalties, dodgy decisions, the opposition did not show up, bloated injury time, no bookings, etc...

I live in hope that someday somebody will spill the beans and the truth will emerge on their era of dominance.

Excellent and interesting post . Could I add to this now with Guardiola widely acknowledged as being our next manager this summer , appointed to take us to the "next" level certain figures in high and powerful places within the English game and media are posturing to destabilise us on and off the pitch ?

Agree. Pep is seen at the moment as the greatest ever manager because there's still a chance he'll end up at rags, chavs or arse. Once he rocks up at the Etihad the media then have some difficult decisions to make as to which side of the fence they are going to come down on.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

Two examples:

As an aside.

Agree. Pep is seen at the moment as the greatest ever manager because there's still a chance he'll end up at rags, chavs or arse. Once he rocks up at the Etihad the media then have some difficult decisions to make as to which side of the fence they are going to come down on.

The first game we draw he will be slagged off as a shit manager.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I've never liked the idea of video replays etc, but I know think we shouldn't carry on without it. The peno on Navas and last night were both clearly seen by the refs. I believe both refs knew they were pens but, in the words of MP, simply chose not to blow the whistle. No point in playing games like that

I'm the same. Didn't want video replays introduced in to footballer before these last few seasons. Now I think it should be done 100%
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I've never liked the idea of video replays etc, but I know think we shouldn't carry on without it. The peno on Navas and last night were both clearly seen by the refs. I believe both refs knew they were pens but, in the words of MP, simply chose not to blow the whistle. No point in playing games like that

I'm the same. Didn't want video replays introduced in to footballer before these last few seasons. Now I think it should be done 100%

But in all honesty, if we assume the refs are bent, biased or have their orders from higher up, then referring decisions to someone else who us bent, biased or have their orders from higher up will not change things. Unless the referees association or whoever employs them, ie the PL change what they want, then corruption will happen. Whilst there is huge money in the PL and this is only going to grow, they have no reason to change their raison d'être, so we either get better at winning from an uneven playing field, turn into the rags or chavs or dippers and whine like fuck to get our own way or begrudgingly accept there are some things we probably can't change and try to learn to live with it and when we do come out on top we have even more satisfaction
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

But in all honesty, if we assume the refs are bent, biased or have their orders from higher up, then referring decisions to someone else who us bent, biased or have their orders from higher up will not change things. Unless the referees association or whoever employs them, ie the PL change what they want, then corruption will happen. Whilst there is huge money in the PL and this is only going to grow, they have no reason to change their raison d'être, so we either get better at winning from an uneven playing field, turn into the rags or chavs or dippers and whine like fuck to get our own way or begrudgingly accept there are some things we probably can't change and try to learn to live with it and when we do come out on top we have even more satisfaction

I'd like to see in the stadium replays as well like they do in rugby whilst the official makes their decision. They've got nowhere to hide then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I'd like to see in the stadium replays as well like they do in rugby whilst the official makes their decision. They've got nowhere to hide then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I'd love to see that too but I shan't hold my breath. To be fair to rugby a lot of its laws are technical and are not open to interpretation like footballs are.
nottsblue

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:05 pm

I think Pellegrini might be onto something; I think a review system would be good. Managers should get one unsuccessful review per game, limited to red cards, penalties and goals (dis)allowed for being on/offside. If you get it wrong, you lose your review. If you get it right, you keep it. Reviews can be called when the ball next goes out of play. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I think Pellegrini might be onto something; I think a review system would be good. Managers should get one unsuccessful review per game, limited to red cards, penalties and goals (dis)allowed for being on/offside. If you get it wrong, you lose your review. If you get it right, you keep it. Reviews can be called when the ball next goes out of play. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

I think its a good idea too. Sadly the powers that be that run the game have to be dragged kicking and screaming to implement any new rule that is actually for the good of the game, and even if they were in favour of it, theyve got enough on their plates trying to find some people who arent as bent as nine bob notes to run the game for them.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:22 pm

ADVT - I don't call people fucktards etc for simply disagreeing with me.

I'm calling out one particular cunt who contributes nothing to the place and arrives in threads scoffing at those of us who see what's happening.

In fact, except for this one cunt, the rest of us can now see it.

So I think we can safely say it is, in fact, obvious.

If one cunt can't see it, it doesn't mean it's not obvious. And if I get scoffed at because I'm pointing out that the emperor has no fucking clothes on, you're dead right I'm calling the silly cunt a fucktard.
Original Dub

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:ADVT - I don't call people fucktards etc for simply disagreeing with me.

I'm calling out one particular cunt who contributes nothing to the place and arrives in threads scoffing at those of us who see what's happening.

In fact, except for this one cunt, the rest of us can now see it.

So I think we can safely say it is, in fact, obvious.

If one cunt can't see it, it doesn't mean it's not obvious. And if I get scoffed at because I'm pointing out that the emperor has no fucking clothes on, you're dead right I'm calling the silly cunt a fucktard.

I hadn't noticed that you'd called anyone anything, but if you have, my point still stands! I wasn't just thinking of this thread, but the Bony thread too. So much anger when things are going pretty well - all things considered. It's as though we have to engineer arguments and find things to get wound up about because we don't have shitty football and gross managerial incompetence to contend with these days. I just find this boring:

Person A: 'I think x,y and z, you know.'

Person B: 'Then you're wrong and a fucking dick.'

So unnecessary!

People can think what they want and maybe there is some sort of sly agenda against us amongst officials. We've certainly been on the receiving end of an avalanche of shit non/decisions in recent weeks. I still think this is a pretty shit reason to be getting furious with one another.

EDIT: Oh, I see now that you were on about the whole Phips thing. Yeah, I wasn't getting at anything to do with that. From what I've seen, I suspect that he enjoys pissing you off. I think he joined the board whilst I was gone for the best part of a year.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:55 pm

I wasn't thinking about him...

Ah fuck it, I can't keep up, there's too many fucktards ;)

I take your point though... but it's abrasive debate as opposed to pure provocation ( which in my book deserves every bit of abuse that follows).

You're around this place a long time- it's just like a boozer. And the banter fits perfectly.

What was with that year off, out of pure curiosity?
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:23 am

Original Dub wrote:I wasn't thinking about him...

I take your point though... but it's abrasive debate as opposed to pure provocation ( which in my book deserves every bit of abuse that follows).

You're around this place a long time- it's just like a boozer. And the banter fits perfectly.

Lookmum
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 am

Original Dub wrote:I wasn't thinking about him...

I dunno actually. I never really thought about it. Oddly - and this sort of flies in the face of everything I've been saying - I think I'd come to enjoy this place less because we were doing so well. I do like a good argument; I just don't like a shit argument. I feel as though I've got less to say when things are going so swimmingly.

It probably also has a lot to do with some of the big-hitters no longer contributing much (NQDP, Chinners, BiB, Arjan, King Kev... the list goes on). I enjoyed debating footy with the likes of them, whereas there are a few of the newer members whose opinions I can't even be arsed going into, so stupid is some of the City-related stuff which gets spouted. I'd just end up getting into pointless cyber arguments and then hating myself for it. That said, there are also some very good 'newer' posters; I enjoy Peter Parker's continental insights, for example.

Shame that Off Topic/FNTF isn't as funny these days. There were some daft threads in there a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm back to posting regularly now - for better or worse! The club is at an interesting crossroads, since we're starting to rebuild the team. I feel as though I've got things worth saying again.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby plf blue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:53 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

spot on stadium replays is the way forward ,in the way is fifa and the fa both totally corrupt and self appointed
plf blue
Danny Mills' Wages

My favourite player is: tommy booth

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:23 am

nottsblue wrote:I'd love to see that too but I shan't hold my breath. To be fair to rugby a lot of its laws are technical and are not open to interpretation like footballs are.

There are good reasons for that as well.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Crossie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:05 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I think Pellegrini might be onto something; I think a review system would be good. Managers should get one unsuccessful review per game, limited to red cards, penalties and goals (dis)allowed for being on/offside. If you get it wrong, you lose your review. If you get it right, you keep it. Reviews can be called when the ball next goes out of play. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Excellent idea, the manager would have to then tell the players to only dare go down if they are certain they were fouled. Then making any appeal likely to be upheld.

This would result in a much more honest game. A game for men again.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum