Incompetence, Corruption or Just Bias?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Incompetence or Corruption

Incompetence
34%
Corruption
21%
Anti-City bias
45%

Total votes : 73

Re: Incompetence, Corruption or Just Bias?

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Bias, however I dont want to be a moaning fuck about it. With our 11 players last night, we should have no difficulty in getting a goal from normal play.

Those 11 players are no better than the sum of their parts. We are missing something that other, lesser teams have. Leicester have it, Bournemouth have it, fucking Stoke and West Ham have it.

I hate to say it again, but we need some passion and drive, some players who love the club, who have something to gain from putting in 100% every game, busting their balls.

We don't have a single player at the moment who walks off that pitch and almost collapses in the dressing room.

They all assume they should walk over all opponents. Its simply not the case and the fault causing reason for all this is the manager. It is his job to motivate the players, make them play as a team and show 100% effort.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Crossie wrote:Bias, however I dont want to be a moaning fuck about it. With our 11 players last night, we should have no difficulty in getting a goal from normal play.

Those 11 players are no better than the sum of their parts. We are missing something that other, lesser teams have. Leicester have it, Bournemouth have it, fucking Stoke and West Ham have it.

I hate to say it again, but we need some passion and drive, some players who love the club, who have something to gain from putting in 100% every game, busting their balls.

We don't have a single player at the moment who walks off that pitch and almost collapses in the dressing room.

They all assume they should walk over all opponents. Its simply not the case and the fault causing reason for all this is the manager. It is his job to motivate the players, make them play as a team and show 100% effort.

They put in a lot of effort mate.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:the refs aren't cheats, they are just shit

That's my line of thought with just a touch of the anti City concern thrown in.

Not 100% sure it's actually anti City but it seems to me refs see certain players and the way they go down and just don't give things they should. The Navas one was a surprise as he has no previous I can recall whereas the Sterling one might well have been down to him falling over a lot and the ref just deciding he has done it again. Thus a preconception that we are told refs don't have but we know they do.

There was also the Aguero one recently which was a sonewaller to for me and bearing in mind Aguero isn't a diver you might expect to get.There was an instance last night where Mori was all over Kun in the box and he stayed on his feet despite being put off by the challenge. The ref saw it all but as he stayed on his feet with the ball he let play go on ven though his control was limited.

Had he gone down who knows (most would have)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the refs aren't cheats, they are just shit

That's my line of thought with just a touch of the anti City concern thrown in.

Not 100% sure it's actually anti City but it seems to me refs see certain players and the way they go down and just don't give things they should. The Navas one was a surprise as he has no previous I can recall whereas the Sterling one might well have been down to him falling over a lot and the ref just deciding he has done it again. Thus a preconception that we are told refs don't have but we know they do.

There was also the Aguero one recently which was a sonewaller to for me and bearing in mind Aguero isn't a diver you might expect to get.There was an instance last night where Mori was all over Kun in the box and he stayed on his feet despite being put off by the challenge. The ref saw it all but as he stayed on his feet with the ball he let play go on ven though his control was limited.

Had he gone down who knows (most would have)

My question is on the Aguero incident last night in the box was why wasn't play brought back when there was no advantage gained from it and therefore a penalty awarded just as it seems to be when we are the one's committing the fouls for free kicks etc...?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:If it was incompetence, then we would be getting at least an almost even share of the spoils.

Definitely this.

Original Dub wrote:Here's a genuine question for you all - when was the last time we gained points because a referee handed them to us?

You are not going to get an answer to that question from the "other side", OD. You may recall you, me and Beefy have been asking for over ten years. I will try to answer you, though, in the interests of fairness, which is all I am after really.

I think the penalty Adam Johnson "won" v Fulham at home in the snow game was the last one. Yes, we scored two more without reply, but that certainly changed the course of the game. It is the only one I can remember and it was four years ago. For perspective, three decisions deciding games the other way have happened in the last eight days.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:53 pm

The controversial incident was reviewed by former Fifa referee Gallagher on Sky Sports News this morning, and he was unequivocal in his verdict.

"I don't know why he hasn't given it," said Gallagher. "It's a foul, he just hasn't identified that Stones has gone in, he's not got the ball, he's taken his legs.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The controversial incident was reviewed by former Fifa referee Gallagher on Sky Sports News this morning, and he was unequivocal in his verdict.

"I don't know why he hasn't given it," said Gallagher. "It's a foul, he just hasn't identified that Stones has gone in, he's not got the ball, he's taken his legs.

Cunts like East and Madeley ref us with a fuck you attitude, to point to the 6 yard box and run away as that twat did tells us all we need to know. Clattenburg sets the standard and they follow. All night he jogged along with Besic until he had no choice but to card him, 8 fouls, in an hour ffs ! About time we get some body at City throwing a tantrum. 1st or last minute he is right behind it, how hard is it you are either a blind bastard or cheating bastard.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:If it was incompetence, then we would be getting at least an almost even share of the spoils.

Definitely this.

Original Dub wrote:Here's a genuine question for you all - when was the last time we gained points because a referee handed them to us?

You are not going to get an answer to that question from the "other side", OD. You may recall you, me and Beefy have been asking for over ten years. I will try to answer you, though, in the interests of fairness, which is all I am after really.

I think the penalty Adam Johnson "won" v Fulham at home in the snow game was the last one. Yes, we scored two more without reply, but that certainly changed the course of the game. It is the only one I can remember and it was four years ago. For perspective, three decisions deciding games the other way have happened in the last eight days.

Four years ago.

So, what you're saying is that that famous old saying that Baconface started of
"It evens itself out over the course of the season"
may not in fact be true?

That bullshit has been spouted so much at every opportunity and in every outlet that I still hear it every week.
In fact, I think it's been said, or at least alluded to, in this very thread. A rub of the green, right?

Our green hasn't been rubbed in over four years.

Fancy that.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:50 pm

If that was last min in front of the Kop say no more !, Dowd did 15 demos of Micahs so called hand ball we see the replay and guess what he never saw that cos it never happened. Last night like the Navas one is the ref and the liner guilty of something.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:56 pm

The only way is to refer these incidents to someone watching it on a monitor. This will certainly not affect the pace of the game for incidents where play has stopped, such as bad tackles, ball crossing the by line or ending up in keeper's hands etc.

Simple "that was a penalty" into the ref's earpiece and justice has been served.

This bullshit that "human error is part of the beautiful game" is fucking ridiculous. We have technology that can make the game fairer. If it's ok for the referee to consult the linesman when he has a better view, then what argument could there possibly be for him not to consult the man with the best view.

The only reason is that it takes away the human influence on the game. It's the same reason it took so long for goal line technology to be brought in. By bringing in technology, we are not "slowing the game down", we are cleaning it up and taking the money off these pick-pocketing cunts that have been robbing us all for years.
Original Dub

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 pm

I don't know what the reasons behind it are, but it is annoying that we've been denied a load of cast-iron penalties in recent weeks. Personally, I'm sceptical in regard to the whole conspiracy-theory angle. I think individual refs might have their individual prejudices, but I don't think they're acting upon top-down instruction to do us over. I've always thought that Phil Dowd doesn't referee our games fairly.

[What's equally annoying as the lack of penalties is the increasing number of posters coming out with all this 'if you don't see this/agree with me, you're a complete dick/retard/idiot' nonsense. I thought the board was a bit better than that. The whole point of websites such as is to have a discussion and entertain the views of others, not to sling shit at fellow blues because you can't stand their not agreeing with you.]
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dimples » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:59 pm

This is my take on these 'decisions'. It is just an opinion not a religion.

Huge money is involved in the PL.
Vested interests will do whatever it takes to preserve their share.
They have power and as a result many ways at their disposal to protect their share.
Like Spartacus suggested indirectly (via refs careers) or directly with brown paper bags, etc...

What is certain is that the corruption is happening. Policy is being implemented.
Two examples:

1. Three big decisions have gone again'st us in the past 3 games. Three big decisions have gone Man Utd's way in the past 2 games.
That is not co-incidence. That is policy implementation.
They need Man Utd in the PL race and the CL (to protect their investment) also Man City over-shadowing Man Utd is very bad for business.
2. Fergie time. Think about that. A 'homely' term coined to paper over the blatent corruption.
Man Utd's rise to dominance dove tailed with Sky requiring a successful Man Utd to drive subscriptions - go figure!

What is also certain is that we are now a powerful club. On our way to being a super power. Sharing a platform with Real, Barca, Munich, etc...
You don't get to be powerful by being nice or naive or allowing the big boys to kick sand in you face. Look what happened to FFP.

You can be certain that the execs in our club are working on these lopsided 'decisions'.
You can also be certain that this work will be quietly, efficiently and ruthlessly.
I'd guess MP is under instructions to not comment on the 'decisions' - the club will deal with it.
This is the way the club does its business - and I think its a great way.

Here is a prediction. As this season progresses decisions like the ones in the last 3 games will not happen.
The problem will have been sorted of the field of play by the club execs.

As an aside.
I like watching good football - but it must be a level playing field for both teams.
I stopped watching Man Utd matches on TV years ago (unless they lost) because it was never an even playing field.
If they were in any kind of trouble - they got penalties, dodgy decisions, the opposition did not show up, bloated injury time, no bookings, etc...

I live in hope that someday somebody will spill the beans and the truth will emerge on their era of dominance.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:[What's equally annoying as the lack of penalties is the increasing number of posters coming out with all this 'if you don't see this/agree with me, you're a complete dick/retard/idiot' nonsense. I thought the board was a bit better than that. The whole point of websites such as is to have a discussion and entertain the views of others, not to sling shit at fellow blues because you can't stand their not agreeing with you.]

Sorry , but some fans, whether ours or others, that cannot see the blatant fuckign obvious time after time are a complete set of DICK TITS and deserve being slagged off.......... trying to justify the unjustifiable is just plain fuckign stupid.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:[What's equally annoying as the lack of penalties is the increasing number of posters coming out with all this 'if you don't see this/agree with me, you're a complete dick/retard/idiot' nonsense. I thought the board was a bit better than that. The whole point of websites such as is to have a discussion and entertain the views of others, not to sling shit at fellow blues because you can't stand their not agreeing with you.]

Sorry , but some fans, whether ours or others, that cannot see the blatant fuckign obvious time after time are a complete set of DICK TITS and deserve being slagged off.......... trying to justify the unjustifiable is just plain fuckign stupid.

Don't see the point personally. And it's obviously not obvious if that's not how they see it.

We've had a batch of shit decisions, yes, and Stretford and Liverpool have always got a shitload of favourable decisions at home. Perhaps it's something to do with them being the two clubs with the biggest support; the law of averages would dictate that they have the biggest number of referee fans as well.

I don't take issue with people claiming bias amongst officials - it certainly exists to some degree and I think our knobhead neighbours get more than their fair share of refereeing 'help'. What irritates me is the pointless, furious mudslinging and name-calling in the threads on this board at the minute. It just kills it and puts people off bothering to post.

It's entertaining when we've got something worth falling out about (e.g. Hughes/Mancini in/out) but it's so unnecessary to argue over whether or not you perceive there to be organised refereeing bias. Nobody's going to win that one.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Re Subscriptions to the various broadcasting channels. I have never understood this, The broadcasters receive advertising money. It should be open to all and sundry who want to watch.
No codes and special boxes. Cnuts like Murdoch must think we are all stupid.

The punter is being robbed twice.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Don't see the point personally. And it's obviously not obvious if that's not how they see it.

We've had a batch of shit decisions, yes, and Stretford and Liverpool have always got a shitload of favourable decisions at home. Perhaps it's something to do with them being the two clubs with the biggest support; the law of averages would dictate that they have the biggest number of referee fans as well.

I don't take issue with people claiming bias amongst officials - it certainly exists to some degree and I think our knobhead neighbours get more than their fair share of refereeing 'help'. What irritates me is the pointless, furious mudslinging and name-calling in the threads on this board at the minute. It just kills it and puts people off bothering to post.

It's entertaining when we've got something worth falling out about (e.g. Hughes/Mancini in/out) but it's so unnecessary to argue over whether or not you perceive there to be organised refereeing bias. Nobody's going to win that one.

It's called human nature pal!!

What irks me more than anything on this forum is when some fans go on about how some posters "mudslinging" might stop them posting anymore.........that says more about how fuckign weak minded and pathetic they are....if you cannot defend your corner and give back the same shit then you're a pussy and dont deserve to be part of a forum that is different from every forum out there.

I've always said and I'll say it again..if you cannot handle some mudsling then fuck off to a forum where everyone eats cucumber sandwiches and then wanks each other off in the bathroom afterwards - Crude response I know........but I'm tired of all this "people will stay away if they have to read posts that slag their opinions off" malarkey.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:a forum where everyone eats cucumber sandwiches and then wanks each other off in the bathroom afterwards

Just searched for this on google but nothing came up. And they say you can find any niche on the internet.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Dunno where to put this but I think our soft Arse manager has missed a trick. What with two clear penalties against the same oppo and another massive game against them these should be highlighted more so than normal. Because if we lose the second leg with another pen waved away I for one will go fucking mental.

Can't imagine what Carl will do!?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:a forum where everyone eats cucumber sandwiches and then wanks each other off in the bathroom afterwards

Just searched for this on google but nothing came up. And they say you can find any niche on the internet.

This is a public forum - if you post, you invite criticism. It's called public discourse..now fuckign go search that in Google .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum