Shame to Yaya

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shame to Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:20 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Fernandinho as captain, what a fuckin stupid comment. Doesn't a captain have to speak to the other players now and again, not run about with a blank expression on his face. Unbelievable what people read into Fern's history of massive ordinariness. Have you ever once heard an away fan say "God I hope Fernandinho isn't playing, we're fucked if he is". This collective City fan malaise is like the Cargo Cults of the South Sea Islands, Fuckin incredible. But we do have to move Ya Ya out and get some reliable central midfielders in place.Shame Fernando aint good enough because a tackler with Fernandinho running forward would be ideal.Unfortunately, Pellers is determined to allow Ya Ya to sabotage our season, the spineless twat.

Interesting to note Kolarov saying he's nicknamed him 'the director' in one of them vids on the advent calendar malarkey, suggests he communicates with his teammates a lot more than you're giving him credit for.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:28 am

There is no denying his contribution which without we wouldn't have been as successful. But i cant wait for the summer until he moves on to Inter, PSG, where ever. Times up.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:30 am

There's no doubt he still totally runs some games. Need to pick those games.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Problem is, Pellegrini will be a stubborn old fool and play him regardless as he has come out and backed him.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Problem is, Pellegrini will be a stubborn old fool and play him regardless as he has come out and backed him.

Yes of course he will. He sees him as a player who can change a game more than a player that can cost a game. Cant see anything changing between now and May.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:05 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Have you ever once heard an away fan say "God I hope Fernandinho isn't playing, we're fucked if he is".

They used to slag Barry off as well, as they had no idea what he did, but knew he was unlikely to score. They were wrong then as well.

As a team, we're too slow and predictable, something Ranieri picked up on when we played them, saying Bournemouth would be harder as they pressed and chased. And Yaya is the biggest culprit for the lethargic City we regularly see. Problem is, he dictates the tempo, so when he's playing well, we do, but if he can't be arsed, the whole thing grinds to a halt and we look like the rags. And the days he can't be arsed are becoming the norm.

Should have bounced him out 2 years ago, but can't make that mistake again this summer.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Interesting article about Yaya's sprinting in each game. He only just sprints more than more premier league goal keepers according to the report.

Why?

Fitness? Injury? Tactical agreement?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -work-rate

Sprints this season:

Player Sprints per 90 mins
Fabian Delph 79
Jesus Navas 68
Kevin De Bruyne 64
Samir Nasri 60
Fernando 47
David Silva 46
Fernandinho 45
Yaya Toure 26

Distance covered:

Player Distance per 90 mins
Fabian Delph 11.7km
Jesus Navas 11.6km
Kevin De Bruyne 11.4km
Samir Nasri 11.3km
Fernando 11.2km
David Silva 10.7km
Yaya Toure 10.4km
Fernandinho 10.4km

Maybe he's saving himself, he's scored a few late goals in the last month. But I feel if he can't keep up for 90 minutes, its time he was used for less time with more intensity. Sub him after 60 mins, or bring him on for the last 30. Its not good for the team if they see someone not working as hard. Especially one of the galactico earners. You must earn your fucking money.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:43 pm

He's always been the same, in the 2013/14 season which was arguably his best season with us he was averaging just 26 sprints per game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Pellers keeps on defending him , telling everyone he runs the same as everyone else in the team whereas we all know its bollocks...even a fuckign blind man knows its bollocks.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pellers keeps on defending him , telling everyone he runs the same as everyone else in the team whereas we all know its bollocks...even a fuckign blind man knows its bollocks.

There's stats there showing you that he covers the same ground as Fernandinho and yet you're still calling bollocks?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pellers keeps on defending him , telling everyone he runs the same as everyone else in the team whereas we all know its bollocks...even a fuckign blind man knows its bollocks.

There's stats there showing you that he covers the same ground as Fernandinho and yet you're still calling bollocks?

Yaya is the laziest player in the squad...stats can distort this fact.

Everyone knows it...but you.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Stats are just number used for spin.

I don't care if he made 100 sprints a game. If they are not made at the right time it means nothing
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I have acknowledged before that defensively he doesn't put it in as much as he should but for someone that covers the same ground per game as Fernandinho to be called lazy is stretching it a bit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't care if he made 100 sprints a game. If they are not made at the right time it means nothing

Tell City to sack their analytics team off then because obviously they aren't needed.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Tell City to sack their analytics team off then because obviously they aren't needed.

Stats are a tool to highlight certain aspects of performance....nothing more , nothing less.

Nacho has excellent scoring stats for time played........means fuckall as hes played fuckall.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Stats are a tool to highlight certain aspects of performance....nothing more , nothing less.

Never?! Really???? You learn something new every day.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bigblue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Never?! Really???? You learn something new every day.

It almost sounds like stats count how many times a particular event has happened. Mind blowing stuff
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:02 pm

Well Yaya covers almost a kilometer less per 90 mins than Fernandino. If you think about how far 1Km is that is a signficant distance on a football pitch.

The disappointing thing is he rarely appears to put 100% in. There is no excuse for that. A shit footballer can make a career out of giving 100%. Look at the fucking Neville's. If you put a Neville work engine in a Toure, you have the world player of the year every year.

The sprint stat backs up what we all see, he doesn't fucking sprint, he plods about and only sprints when he has the ball, going towards goal. We won't sprint back.

If he was doing 26 springs per game and on target to score 20 goals, I can live with that.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Crossie wrote:Well Yaya covers almost a kilometer less per 90 mins than Fernandino. If you think about how far 1Km is that is a signficant distance on a football pitch.

The disappointing thing is he rarely appears to put 100% in. There is no excuse for that. A shit footballer can make a career out of giving 100%. Look at the fucking Neville's. If you put a Neville work engine in a Toure, you have the world player of the year every year.

The sprint stat backs up what we all see, he doesn't fucking sprint, he plods about and only sprints when he has the ball, going towards goal. We won't sprint back.

If he was doing 26 springs per game and on target to score 20 goals, I can live with that.

No, that's Fernando that has 11.2 mate not Fernandinho. Fernandinho and Yaya both have 10.4km per 90 mins.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:20 pm

FUCKING STATISTICS! lol
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum