Shame to Yaya

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shame to Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Crossie wrote:FUCKING STATISTICS! lol

Stats show 6 out of 7 dwarfs arnt Happy
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:57 pm

I made some effort avoid talking about Yaya here for a variety of reasons, and I am not going to excuse his response, yet I have noticed that all of these behaviour changes have seemed to come about after the death of his brother. Did we see and hear such things in seasons past? I can't recall that occurring.

I'm not saying he was right to say what he said here, but I suspect Yaya for some potentially legit reasons, has felt he was slighted all of the years when he was world class, with a higher observed work rate, etc. while some of his midfield peers received constant praise from the media, particularly in England. He was more of a lightning rod, I feel, other than perhaps Nasri, as one of so-called "mercenary" players we recruited that were "ruining football," etc. Silva and Aguero were however praised more regularly in comparison, I believe.

Having some kind of large ego oddly helps a lot of players to succeed, and is always a complex aspect of professional sport. We also have loads of players and managers who fans loathe (i.e. Costa, Mourinho) but they are still successful in part due to their lack of quality human characteristics, and massive egos. Yet if they on your side, maybe you are more okay with the behaviours. Yaya could also be a more sensitive person for other reasons we could speculate about, but somehow he has been co-captain at City for years. The comments, again, weren't in the best taste, I agree, but some of his points weren't exactly something worthless to suggest.

Also, the amount of criticism he receives from some of our fans I believe goes too far, but I know that's just how it goes sometimes. When he's gone I hope our fans can still give him the respect he deserves for all of the trophies and quality football we've witnessed as a result of his being a key part of the spine of our team as we rose to prominence as a club.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Yaya's game doesn't really depend on sprints, he's the one playing passes for the others to run on to. Even those great runs he used to be capable of weren't really sprints, more power cruises up the pitch knocking everything out of the way.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Stats are just number used for spin.

Then what's the spin behind counting people's posts goddamnit!? What are you using me and the others for!?

Yaya's number don't tell you much that much though. I have to admit that I am surprised that he moves that much per game, yes, but there are all kinds of variables in there that would need to be covered for it to have more than little bearing on the perception of his laziness. OR lack of effort. Or lack of strength. OR whatever he's lacking. I mean, if he covers as much ground as Fernandinho but lumbers or walks most of the time, it's not a like for like comparison as Fernandinho is running his bollocks of (which is actually one thing you could fault Fernandinho for, if you were knitpicking, he should take up better positions and stop running about so much). It also doesn't matter how much he lumbers about if he's often out of position. I mean, I can't be the only one noticing Silva and the other midfielders pointing and shouting at him for not being where he should be when they're pressing for the ball?

That said, he had a good game against Everton. What bugs me though is that Barry is much slower than Yaya but at least he's smart in using whatever mobility he has left. He bossed the game at Goodison Park, something he couldn't do for the first 15 minutes because Yaya was up in his face but that soon changed. He also slowed things down a lot at the Etihad and made so many vital interceptions it's ridiculous. We should be able to get the same consistency from Yaya as Everton gets from Barry but we don't, That's a shame I think. Sure, Yaya saves us now and then but I can't help but feel that if he had done what he should've done throughout the game, his last minutes runs and goals wouldn't be needed.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:37 pm

I wonder if Colin Bell would have had a thread like this back in the day, if they had existed. City's best ever player in the modern era being maligned is strange indeed. I know there is some off the field stuff, but does it really matter? It's all hype anyway.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pellers keeps on defending him , telling everyone he runs the same as everyone else in the team whereas we all know its bollocks...even a fuckign blind man knows its bollocks.

There's stats there showing you that he covers the same ground as Fernandinho and yet you're still calling bollocks?

it's fucl all use covering 10km a game when you do the bulk of it jogging back towards your own goal while letting team mates challenge for possession. Stats can be misleading.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:41 am

Why would he bin his agent off? We might not like him or what he says but he has helped make Yaya one of the wealthiest and most decorated players in world football.
The way a club legend is slated on this forum beggars belief, with people clamouring for the mediocre at best Fernando or possibly the average Delph to play instead of one of the modern greats. Make no mistake, Yaya can not only still contribute, but can also control and change a game. When he doesn't play we look a worse team. He's 32 and not going to get any better, so sure he needs a replacement, but that player isn't in our ranks right now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 am

I will always put the team ahead of individuals, whoever the individual is - and Yaya hurts us probably more than he contributes this season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:44 pm

THE THING IS, HE IS LAZY, HE WONT EVEN TRY TO HELP HIS TEAM MATES AND TRY TO PUT IT ABOUT A BIT. I know what a player he WAS for us and from 2011- till 2014 we needed him, but then he started to have a go at city and now against acon for not giving him the award for best player. I think that now its all about him not the team, if we need to play him, bring him on after 75 mins and he can play with a bit more zip [ if he wants to ] but the last few games he has stayed on playing shit but other players have been took off while playing well. we need to have pace with our midfielders to help when attacking also when defending, which yaya DOES NOT RUN BACK TO HELP. hes coming up to 33 and will be best suited to a less paced league

that said he will put me to shame and have a fantastic game today, which I hope he does
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Never mind, according to his twat of an agent, he's off in the summer.

Again.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby plf blue » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:Never mind, according to his twat of an agent, he's off in the summer.

Again.

china acording to the interweb,last big payday.nobody is bigger than the club if he wants to move i say thanks and move on
plf blue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: tommy booth

Postby Tim777 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 pm

That odious agent of his, Dimitri Seluk, fills his head with so much garbage, it's no wonder he looks half arsed half the time. But Yaya, too, should have never allowed himself to be manipulated that way.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ray78 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:51 pm

He may be off in the summer but he still has a job to do at City.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 pm

He's still a good player but obviously past his prime. Also he'll fuck off to the ACON next January. We can do without him next season if he wants out. I doubt we can stop Pogba going to Barca or Real if they get the ban delayed. I'd be tempted by Gundogan of Borussia to replace him. He'll be down to a 1 year contract in the Summer and looks certain to be available. Plenty of competition from Chelsea and the rags but if we get Pep we'd probably be in pole position.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:22 am

blues2win wrote:He's still a good player but obviously past his prime. Also he'll fuck off to the ACON next January. We can do without him next season if he wants out. I doubt we can stop Pogba going to Barca or Real if they get the ban delayed. I'd be tempted by Gundogan of Borussia to replace him. He'll be down to a 1 year contract in the Summer and looks certain to be available. Plenty of competition from Chelsea and the rags but if we get Pep we'd probably be in pole position.

The acon tournament is interesting as Bony and Iheanacho will be going. That's not very good!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:27 am

Wonderwall wrote:
blues2win wrote:He's still a good player but obviously past his prime. Also he'll fuck off to the ACON next January. We can do without him next season if he wants out. I doubt we can stop Pogba going to Barca or Real if they get the ban delayed. I'd be tempted by Gundogan of Borussia to replace him. He'll be down to a 1 year contract in the Summer and looks certain to be available. Plenty of competition from Chelsea and the rags but if we get Pep we'd probably be in pole position.

The acon tournament is interesting as Bony and Iheanacho will be going. That's not very good!!

Bony will likely be gone if Pep is to come though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:12 am

Wonderwall wrote:

You could argue that if we have people quickly firing balls into the penalty box Bony would become a world beater. He does a mean one two.

Then again.......................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:49 am

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

You could argue that if we have people quickly firing balls into the penalty box Bony would become a world beater. He does a mean one two.

Then again.......................

True but Pep is all about high pressing, that just ain't our Wilf.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:13 am

How did see uk ever get anywhere in life. The man is a complete buffoon. He must have slip on shoes, he hasn't got the intelligence to tie laces.

Spouting that Yaya will not leave in Janunary but they will listen to every offer for the summer.

I live what Yaya has done for our club, but I won't miss the histrionics.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:59 am

Wonderwall wrote:How did see uk ever get anywhere in life. The man is a complete buffoon. He must have slip on shoes, he hasn't got the intelligence to tie laces.

Spouting that Yaya will not leave in Janunary but they will listen to every offer for the summer.

I live what Yaya has done for our club, but I won't miss the histrionics.

We have had our fair share of dealing with these cnts over the years, from Willie McKay to Joorabchain...........................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum