Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Haven't we had the most penalties given this season?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
sheblue wrote:The manager, and players need to be more vocal about it. Saying nothing and accepting it means it continues. We should be making a lot of noise about this.

Just heard more of the interview than we originally seen and Pellers did say that if you took out the offside goal (said Lukaku was in-play) and the stonewall penalty, it'd be a totally different game.

Whatever we think of the manager et al, i think we can all agree, he has a point.

Looks like Sky et al can even edit their supposed live interviews because I seen a totally different side of Pellers there. He was very much confrontational when it came to the in-match decisions.

They are too nice about it. Pellegrini needs to talk about it more, in his Friday pre match interviews, not just after a game, when nobody listens. Keep on about it eventually some pressure will come to bear. Maureen, the Old Alco and Wenger wouldnt be as reserved about it, thats for sure.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:59 pm

For reasons only known to the officials they all run with the ball after that incident last night, if they get that wrong football is fooked or bent. As for the ref he was a twat v Swansea, he allowed Besic 7 chances and still failed to book him, draw your own conclusions.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:For reasons only known to the officials they all run with the ball after that incident last night, if they get that wrong football is fooked or bent. As for the ref he was a twat v Swansea, he allowed Besic 7 chances and still failed to book him, draw your own conclusions.

Wasn't he also the twat who allowed West Ham to get away with their time wasting antics earlier on in the season as well?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:For reasons only known to the officials they all run with the ball after that incident last night, if they get that wrong football is fooked or bent. As for the ref he was a twat v Swansea, he allowed Besic 7 chances and still failed to book him, draw your own conclusions.

Wasn't he also the twat who allowed West Ham to get away with their time wasting antics earlier on in the season as well?

Robert Madley is fucking awful and has never had a good game in charge of us, he should be investigated the corrupt twat
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

Robert Madley is fucking awful and has never had a good game in charge of us, he should be investigated the corrupt twat

I intend to boo the twat next time we have him join me !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:

Was that the game where we seen the new rules on 'advantage'. Seemingly we were the trial before it was canned.

Madely is the PiGMOLs new rent boy, why else would we have had him 4 times already this season? Ref's will usually get a maximum of 3 games for the same team per season, not half of one.

Very suspect and must make the most fervent supporter of so called fair play think twice.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Can anyone explain why the penalty incident is not shown on the extended highlights of the match on the City Official Site?

MP made a big deal of this to the media but not available for our fans to view post match. Very strange IMO.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

Was that the game where we seen the new rules on 'advantage'. Seemingly we were the trial before it was canned.

Madely is the PiGMOLs new rent boy, why else would we have had him 4 times already this season? Ref's will usually get a maximum of 3 games for the same team per season, not half of one.

Very suspect and must make the most fervent supporter of so called fair play think twice.

Yes, I think you're right Beefy. The reason it stuck in my mind was the rather blatant time wasting of Carl Jenkinson and that wanker not adding on enough time at the end. As Mase said in another thread it almost makes you want to give up on the game completely.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:06 pm

sheblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
sheblue wrote:The manager, and players need to be more vocal about it. Saying nothing and accepting it means it continues. We should be making a lot of noise about this.

Just heard more of the interview than we originally seen and Pellers did say that if you took out the offside goal (said Lukaku was in-play) and the stonewall penalty, it'd be a totally different game.

Whatever we think of the manager et al, i think we can all agree, he has a point.

Looks like Sky et al can even edit their supposed live interviews because I seen a totally different side of Pellers there. He was very much confrontational when it came to the in-match decisions.

They are too nice about it. Pellegrini needs to talk about it more, in his Friday pre match interviews, not just after a game, when nobody listens. Keep on about it eventually some pressure will come to bear. Maureen, the Old Alco and Wenger wouldnt be as reserved about it, thats for sure.

We haven't even got the penalty incident on the OS official extended match highlights! God only knows why?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

He also officiated both legs of the FA youth cup final in 2015 City v Chelsea , did the cunt not give us a penalty in those fixtures ? or was there any controversy ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dub City » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Haven't we had the most penalties given this season?

We have but would wouldnt say any of them were soft decisions except v Sunderland was outside box but Bony did the honorable thing and knocked it over !!
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

Yes, I think you're right Beefy. The reason it stuck in my mind was the rather blatant time wasting of Carl Jenkinson and that wanker not adding on enough time at the end. As Mase said in another thread it almost makes you want to give up on the game completely.

I still refer to the Fulham game v the Rags where Danny Murphy had a stonewall but it was waved away as if he was never near the ball. That was the point where I snapped and knew what the the real score was. Could never walk away but if that was a point, that was the one where I started kicking shit out of my place and realised it was all a game; their game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:18 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

If I recall correctly we got him twice in less than 30 days which is supposedly against PL reffing rules.Make of that what you will but I smell agenda.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:23 am

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

If I recall correctly we got him twice in less than 30 days which is supposedly against PL reffing rules.Make of that what you will but I smell agenda.

But Wednesday was League Cup, not Premier league. That's two separate competitions, so I don't think the rules / guidelines of only three games a a season or at least 30 days in between games apply.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 am

mr_nool wrote:
gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

But Wednesday was League Cup, not Premier league. That's two separate competitions, so I don't think the rules / guidelines of only three games a a season or at least 30 days in between games apply.

I was talking league games Erik he reffed 2 of our league games in less than 30 days iirc.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Apparently next season in the FA Cup video assistance will be trialed. Should be good for the game if used correctly. Eradicating silly reffing errors.

Not sure how it will work for cases like Navas' where the ref signals to play on.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 pm

How many penalties have we had at home and how many away?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:46 pm

The game needs more refs and video replay.

It's painfully obvious.

You can do both without interrupting flow. If you can allow cunts to roll around when they've barely been tackled you can take 60 seconds to make sure a critical call or non-call is right.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:The game needs more refs and video replay.

It's painfully obvious.

You can do both without interrupting flow. If you can allow cunts to roll around when they've barely been tackled you can take 60 seconds to make sure a critical call or non-call is right.

Cheers

Exactly
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum