Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Doesn't matter how many penalties we have been awarded , its no justification not to award us BLATANT penalties,it's a fucking piss take.
Ill tell you what , that fuckign ref we had the other day is a useless inept cunt..I'm tired of watching him ref our games (How many has it been so far ??) every fuckign game he manages to miss or ignore Blatant calls....he should be black listed from officiating our club.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:17 pm

gillie wrote:I was talking league games Erik he reffed 2 of our league games in less than 30 days iirc.

OK, got you now mate.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 pm

His double act with Jenkinson v the Hammers was as much proof the refs think they are the players mate, he rolled around for 3 mins the twat lapped it up. You waste time I will put on nothing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Hazy2 wrote:His double act with Jenkinson v the Hammers was as much proof the refs think they are the players mate, he rolled around for 3 mins the twat lapped it up. You waste time I will put on nothing.

he has reffed us 3 times in the league this season

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/refe ... ert-madley

our cup games were
3rd round Roger East (awful ref)
4th round Paul Tierney (dont remember him! As it should be)
5th round Neil Swarbrick
Semi final 1st Leg Robert Madley (Useless ref)
Madley seems to be an ever present in the CoC games, I expect him to do the final! So if we get there, brace yourselves
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:The game needs more refs and video replay.

It's painfully obvious.

You can do both without interrupting flow. If you can allow cunts to roll around when they've barely been tackled you can take 60 seconds to make sure a critical call or non-call is right.

Cheers

Funnily enough the FA have agreed to use the FA cup as a testing ground (with FIFA's permission) for video referees - I think it's next season's competition. It will be used for just the most important stuff, and only when the referee calls for it, or in certain situations where a video ref has been given permission to 'flag' plays (no giant screen replays either, just for the ref's eyes).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:22 pm

I can live with the ref fuck ups. Goal line technology? Yes. Offsides? Yes. The rest? No. Live with it. Deal with it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 pm

dazby wrote:I can live with the ref fuck ups. Goal line technology? Yes. Offsides? Yes. The rest? No. Live with it. Deal with it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been "living with it" for over forty fucking years, you sanctimonious johnny-come-lately twat.

Let's look at three semi-finals, shall we. Big games all, where you expect to have the best refs getting things right.

1981. alf gray disallows a header by Kevin Reeves that would put City 2-0 up v Liverpool in the first leg of the League Cup semi final. Asked afterwards why he did so, he says he doesn't know. City eventually go out.

2012. That fat little cheating cunt Dowd cunt gives a penalty for Liverpool. The decision is so poor, he writes to the club to apologise for it afterwards. City go out.

2016. An offside goal is allowed to stand, with the striker clearly interfering with the goalkeeper, and what even the BBC (and all other media outlets bar evertonfc.co.uk) say is a a seriously good shout for a penalty is denied by mister madley.

These, well, let's be nice and call them "errors", shall we, are quite simply not good enough for semi-finals.

Furthermore, there is a pattern here.

Get your thinking cap on and find me where it evens itself out, thus making it all honest and above board. I have been challenging you people to do that for more than ten years and yet none of you have even attempted to do so. Funny that. If you are going to come out with this stuff, be prepared to put your money where you mouth is and back it up.

And to top it all off, you had the chance to ask searching questions to one of the bigger culprits in all this and you simply slid, nodding profusely, down the back of his underpants. Absolutely lamentable.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm not having a pop Tokyo, just speaking generally.

Look at cricket and all the technology they use. Is the game better as a result? The NFL is being suffocated with replays as is basketball. Rugby league use it as an advertising exercise. Rugby Union take forever to decide that they can't see it and go with refs call. Tennis is probably the only game that is enhanced by technology.

All I'm writing is I can live with the human element and incorrect calls.

Except for offside and balls over the line. The rest, leave to a fallible human.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:29 pm

dazby wrote:I'm not having a pop Tokyo, just speaking generally.

Look at cricket and all the technology they use. Is the game better as a result? The NFL is being suffocated with replays as is basketball. Rugby league use it as an advertising exercise. Rugby Union take forever to decide that they can't see it and go with refs call. Tennis is probably the only game that is enhanced by technology.

Except for offside and balls over the line. The rest, leave to a fallible human.

So you can live as a City fan being dumped out of semi finals through ridiculous borderline bent decisions ??? Plus all the other exceptionally dubious decisions to not award a penalty to MCFC ??? Have you seen the fucking ridiculous penalty given to the rags tonight in the 6th minute of added on time or does the time zone you live in leave you in constant catch up with reality ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:51 pm

City64 wrote:

So you can live as a City fan being dumped out of semi finals through ridiculous borderline bent decisions ??? Plus all the other exceptionally dubious decisions to not award a penalty to MCFC ??? Have you seen the fucking ridiculous penalty given to the rags tonight in the 6th minute of added on time or does the time zone you live in leave you in constant catch up with reality ???

Sorry mate, but that was a stone wall penalty.
Bringing that one up sort of kills the rest of your arguments.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:
City64 wrote:

Deffo dive and not a chance we would have got it pal.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm talking about football in general City64. Not just City. They won't bring these in just for City games.....

And yes. I can. You seem to think that City are the only team that cops bad decisions.

We had an ad here last season promoting the game. The slogan was 90 minutes, 90 emotions. The sense of injustice is one of those. It's what makes the game great. The bad feelings as well as the good ones. It allows fans of beaten teams the opportunity to delude themselves that they should of won- the ref cost us.

You won a World Cup on a dodgy call.

And as far as time zones go, you are way behind pal. Do keep up.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Furthermore, our Mancini win, I remember the rags got some soft wins thanks to some dubious calls, or non calls. A Blackburn game comes to mind. Despite all their good fortune we still overcame. It makes it all that little bit sweeter.

This season, despite not getting 842 penalties or whatever ODs count is, we'll still win the league. And it will be that bit sweeter.

On the other hand, you could argue we've had some luck go our way in the chumps league this year. If we do well we can think back to some good fortune we had in the group games.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:28 pm

City64 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
City64 wrote:

Definite penalty but using Howard Webb's logic it shouldn't have been given.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Well Dazby is definitely a zen master or something. If I'd gotten these replies I'd be fucking fuming. I think everyone who was not born or too young in 1981 should pm Tokyo so that he can ban us or at least block us on his own account as we're obviously not worthy enough to discuss football.

Disgusting post mate. I meet at least one person like you every time I'm over and it's always as pathetic.

Re technology: could you not put a limit on the number of video calls the teams are allowed to request in order to not clog the game?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:07 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Well Dazby is definitely a zen master or something. If I'd gotten these replies I'd be fucking fuming. I think everyone who was not born or too young in 1981 should pm Tokyo so that he can ban us or at least block us on his own account as we're obviously not worthy enough to discuss football.

Disgusting post mate. I meet at least one person like you every time I'm over and it's always as pathetic.

Re technology: could you not put a limit on the number of video calls the teams are allowed to request in order to not clog the game?

Just make the video and audio public like in the rugby. Make it transparent and we'll forgive the odd debatable decision.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 am

City64 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
City64 wrote:

It all depends how old you are.
I'm of the vintage that says a dive all night long. De Pay knew he had lost the ball so fell to the floor. The touch between the two had nothing to do with him falling over.
That's what's given nowadays........
Sometimes.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dimples » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:21 am

I would remove 'Anymore' from the title of this thread.

FA Cup 1996 - the day I stopped believing in the tooth fairy and knew the game was bent in favor of the 'big' clubs i.e. MU, Liverpool, etc...

City 1 - 0 up - brilliant Rosler goal.
Then a penalty awarded to MU from a corner - for no reason - the players from both sides were confused by this 'decision'.
None of the players could comprehend that a penalty was awarded, the commentator could not believe it, etc...

MU went on to win 2 - 1 - glory, glory, .....
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:25 am

dazby wrote:I'm talking about football in general City64. Not just City. They won't bring these in just for City games.....

And yes. I can. You seem to think that City are the only team that cops bad decisions.

We had an ad here last season promoting the game. The slogan was 90 minutes, 90 emotions. The sense of injustice is one of those. It's what makes the game great. The bad feelings as well as the good ones. It allows fans of beaten teams the opportunity to delude themselves that they should of won- the ref cost us.

You won a World Cup on a dodgy call.

And as far as time zones go, you are way behind pal. Do keep up.

I don't give two fucks about any other team except Man City and the fact of the matter is we aren't being awarded blatant penalties FACT ! So going back to your statement "live with it " ...... not a fucking chance ! Ridiculous comment !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:26 am

Dimples wrote:I would remove 'Anymore' from the title of this thread.

FA Cup 1996 - the day I stopped believing in the tooth fairy and knew the game was bent in favor of the 'big' clubs i.e. MU, Liverpool, etc...

City 1 - 0 up - brilliant Rosler goal.
Then a penalty awarded to MU from a corner - for no reason - the players from both sides were confused by this 'decision'.
None of the players could comprehend that a penalty was awarded, the commentator could not believe it, etc...

MU went on to win 2 - 1 - glory, glory, .....

Absolutely pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum