Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Every game we are getting stonewall penalty,s not given , it has become a fucking joke !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:26 pm

I think Pellers needs to make more of them in his post-match interview and bring them to light more. If he starts going sick in an interview Sky HAVE to show the replay of the pen more than once. And then everyone can see.

I think the club need to ask the FA to have a look at it and put some pressure on instead of just sitting back and taking it. It wouldn't be hard to build up a case.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:28 pm

I think next manager will be banging on about this. Don't like hearing managers whine but would be good to hear ours fight our corner
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:28 pm

not sure we ever did? we get pens when were already a few goals up, at home.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Mase wrote:I think Pellers needs to make more of them in his post-match interview and bring them to light more. If he starts going sick in an interview Sky HAVE to show the replay of the pen more than once. And then everyone can see.

I think the club need to ask the FA to have a look at it and put some pressure on instead of just sitting back and taking it. It wouldn't be hard to build up a case.

Good point ! Some fucker from the club needs to go public ASAP as it has become an absolute disgrace !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:43 pm

It's 31 stone wall penos not given since the start of last season.

That is incredible. And it's all recorded.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:49 pm

City64 wrote:Every game we are getting stonewall penalty,s not given , it has become a fucking joke !!!!

Quite simply because we are Manchester City.

The PL has already had a handicap system which usually went in favour of the Sky 4, but always depended on the situation at the time. The LC, since jumping on the bandwagon, now knows how the media works and will always take TV tickets over actual ground support.

The Rags/Dippers/Arse fans who tuned in would have loved that, even more with us being fucked over by the ref.

Commercial, it's the way forward.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:51 pm

The manager, and players need to be more vocal about it. Saying nothing and accepting it means it continues. We should be making a lot of noise about this.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:55 pm

In the next presser the club should just play a montage of all the appalling decisions that have gone against us this season and basically call out the FA as cheats
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:15 pm

sheblue wrote:The manager, and players need to be more vocal about it. Saying nothing and accepting it means it continues. We should be making a lot of noise about this.

Just heard more of the interview than we originally seen and Pellers did say that if you took out the offside goal (said Lukaku was in-play) and the stonewall penalty, it'd be a totally different game.

Whatever we think of the manager et al, i think we can all agree, he has a point.

Looks like Sky et al can even edit their supposed live interviews because I seen a totally different side of Pellers there. He was very much confrontational when it came to the in-match decisions.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
sheblue wrote:The manager, and players need to be more vocal about it. Saying nothing and accepting it means it continues. We should be making a lot of noise about this.

Just heard more of the interview than we originally seen and Pellers did say that if you took out the offside goal (said Lukaku was in-play) and the stonewall penalty, it'd be a totally different game.

Whatever we think of the manager et al, i think we can all agree, he has a point.

Looks like Sky et al can even edit their supposed live interviews because I seen a totally different side of Pellers there. He was very much confrontational when it came to the in-match decisions.

Talking of sky, how did Beagrie and Hinchcliffe do tonight? Couldn.t hear anything in the pub
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:54 am

edgeley blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Talking of sky, how did Beagrie and Hinchcliffe do tonight? Couldn.t hear anything in the pub

Beagrie doesn't particularly like us. Was that Hinchcliffe commentating?? I'm surprised if it was because the guy was clueless! Seemed to be favouring Everton with every comment.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:05 am

Commentators as shit as always. Apparently we were dominated and yet I can't remember Everton peppering our goal
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:12 am

When they said that mangala was subbed as lukaku had dominated him I knew they were talking shit. Mangala was our best defender first half
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 am

Original Dub wrote:It's 31 stone wall penos not given since the start of last season.

We need Rafa to come in for 6 months to state some facts ;0)

Whilst the reaction to his press conference was the rags and rag based media systematically destroying him from that point on, which arguably destroyed their season, he was absolutely bang on with everything he said.

Perhaps other managers see what happened there with the rag media sycophants, which explains why no manager has ever really catalogued and spelled out the issues as clearly as he did that day.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:26 am

It is as clear as the light of day we are treated with contempt FA officials (refs) and the media . Didn't we have a ridiculous penalty awarded against us at Anfield 2 or 3 years ago in a carling cup semi final ??? That's fucking 2 now either way that has directly affected our chances of reaching a Wembley final in recent times ........ it needs to be made an issue of publicly by the club right here right now !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:32 am

2 things amazed me.
Firstly how it was not given is just damn right cheating.
Secondly they showed one quick replay of it and that was that. Imagine it was the other way round, I reckon it would have got shown at least 25 times.

Cheating bastards and as mentioned the club really needs to start making a noise about this now. 2 games on the bounce we have had stonewall pens not given.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:04 am

Is that not another lack of fight to not say enough is enough and all be at the ref, Miralis knew it was a pen, he looked straight at the liner. Also that ref is a cunt and has been since he came into the Premier. Expect nowt get nowt.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:42 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It's 31 stone wall penos not given since the start of last season.

We need Rafa to come in for 6 months to state some facts ;0)

Whilst the reaction to his press conference was the rags and rag based media systematically destroying him from that point on, which arguably destroyed their season, he was absolutely bang on with everything he said.

Perhaps other managers see what happened there with the rag media sycophants, which explains why no manager has ever really catalogued and spelled out the issues as clearly as he did that day.

I've thought the same thing mate.
The media made the whole thing out to be a joke because someone had the audacity to point out that the emperor wasn't wearing any clothes.

To me, that incident confirmed the bias and how much the media will round on anyone who questions the status quo.

It's very hard to know how to tackle this, but I think our owners will discourage conflict at every level and perhaps in the long run, it will prove the best course.
I have my doubts when it comes to corrupt officiating though...
Original Dub

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Is that not another lack of fight to not say enough is enough and all be at the ref, Miralis knew it was a pen, he looked straight at the liner. Also that ref is a cunt and has been since he came into the Premier. Expect nowt get nowt.

This all day long. I knew we would get fuck all from that twat last night. Bent or incompetent or just plain both.

Take your pick.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum