Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why Dont We Get Awarded Penalties Anymore ?

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Compare with pen Swansea got
Jesus these refs are shit
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:08 pm

From The Guardian's minute by minute of the game:
90 min +2: That must be a penalty! Stones on Sterling! Roger East says no! Unbelievable!

90 min + 3: Final seconds here, but surely that was a penalty? It looked a clear trip!
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:57 pm

And so it goes on and on and on and on ..............

The game is bent , corrupt !!!

Tonight all the evidence is there , absolute stonewaller , not even debatable , but of course NOT given as to per weekly script

BENT !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:23 am

Right in front of me, I just laughed, what's left? I've seen some shocking decisions in all my years watching City but can't ever remember as many in half a season before like this.

As much as the holistic approach has been good, it's about time we started complaining very loudly.

It's beyond a bleeding joke now!!!!
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 am

edgeley blue wrote:Right in front of me, I just laughed, what's left? I've seen some shocking decisions in all my years watching City but can't ever remember as many in half a season before like this.

As much as the holistic approach has been good, it's about time we started complaining very loudly.

It's beyond a bleeding joke now!!!!

In 2011-12 we had Patrick Vieira come out and speak against the decisions. Who have we got now that has similar stature within the game, that will be taken as seriously as he was?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:04 am

I think we should have a sticky thread about Refs. Not just our games, but everywhere we see these corrupt tossers. Just simply reporting the facts, each time they let the rules get bent.

The number of times i have seen refs pulling us back, no advantage, the strange decisions they make.(not just city games) , needs to be recorded.

So the next time that Clattencnut gives a talk to anyone we can print off the list. Mind you, we would probably destroy another forest with all the paper used.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 am

Did we not get that pen last as it was Sterling? He has been kicked all over the place this season and for some reason gets a very raw deal, are the FA pissed off and bitter that we bought him like everyone seems to be.

Surely we can call a meeting with the refs association and show them the descions that are so badly wrong and ask for some kind of explanation. Last night was beyond belief. He's no where near the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch that's a free kick, but saying that it probably wasn't as it was Sterling and people seem to be able to foul him freely.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 am

Socrates wrote:The refs just assume Sterling is going down softly now, he has fallen over easily that often :(

You have a point, but that was just too blatant not to have been given. There is no way a player can fo down like that intentionally. You need quite a lot of impact sideways to fall with your legs moving sideways in the air and you body turning when your motion is forward and at high speed.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:57 am

mr_nool wrote:
Socrates wrote:The refs just assume Sterling is going down softly now, he has fallen over easily that often :(

You have a point, but that was just too blatant not to have been given. There is no way a player can fo down like that intentionally. You need quite a lot of impact sideways to fall with your legs moving sideways in the air and you body turning when your motion is forward and at high speed.

If Soccs has a point then perhaps you can explain to me Noolie why Sterling was the second most fouled player in the PL last season whilst "going down softly" yet now he's in a City shirt he doesn't get the same decisions in his favour? and he's not even in the ten most fouled players?

There was a free awarded to them toward the end of the game when Pienaar went down with Sagna at his back, ref had no hesitation blowing his whistle yet if that had been Sterling it'd be ignored and you'd have City fans giving out about Sterlng going down easily. It's fucking ridiculous.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

If Soccs has a point then perhaps you can explain to me Noolie why Sterling was the second most fouled player in the PL last season whilst "going down softly" yet now he's in a City shirt he doesn't get the same decisions in his favour? and he's not even in the ten most fouled players?

There was a free awarded to them toward the end of the game when Pienaar went down with Sagna at his back, ref had no hesitation blowing his whistle yet if that had been Sterling it'd be ignored and you'd have City fans giving out about Sterlng going down easily. It's fucking ridiculous.

I'm not saying there isn't a bias. What I do agree with Soccs, is that City players who sometimes go down to easily tend to get no decisions at all going their way. Balotelli was another prime example.

I.E. what I was/am saying a lot of times when Sterling goes down and does not get the call can be explained / waved away with Socrates's crying wolf cliche. However, last night's incident was just too blatant and has to either be down to plain cheating or gross incompetence. I'm leaning towards the former.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:32 am

I was firmly in the sterling needs to stop diving category, but you know what? He doesn't dive or make a meal of it and it makes no fucking difference. Kind of hard to argue when he isn't gonna get it either way. Cunts.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:52 am

Can anyone name a half decent ref in the Premier League these days? I can't.

Every week our games seem to be over shadowed by shocking refereeing decisions

As mentioned above......Peenar falls on the floor and grabs the ball........foul without hesitation. Aguero gets kicked by 2 defenders at the same time......ref waves play on.
Sterling has his legs taken from underneath him...............goal kick.
How Barry and Besic didn't get booked early doors is beyond me as well.

Stinks
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:35 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I was firmly in the sterling needs to stop diving category, but you know what? He doesn't dive or make a meal of it and it makes no fucking difference. Kind of hard to argue when he isn't gonna get it either way. Cunts.

I'm firmly in the camp still, that says he should toughen up and stay on his feet more, ala Navas. I'm not calling him a diver.
Last night though, the lad played really well and was mauled and molested all night.
Everton got away with a lot last night.
They did the same on Aguero abd he got nothing either by staying on his feet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:54 pm

The controversial incident was reviewed by former Fifa referee Gallagher on Sky Sports News this morning, and he was unequivocal in his verdict.

"I don't know why he hasn't given it," said Gallagher. "It's a foul, he just hasn't identified that Stones has gone in, he's not got the ball, he's taken his legs.

THE CHEATING CUNT SHOULD BE MOVED TO DIVISION 10 AND REMAIN THERE TILL THE CUNT UNDERSTANDS WHAT CONSTITUTES A FUCKIGN PENALTY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:01 pm

I'll leave my count in this thread, because I know it annoys one of you and you can steer clear of here if you don't want to see it rise
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Add another one to the list OD.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 pm

dazby wrote:Add another one to the list OD.

Done mate!
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Done mate!

In fairness to the ref OD. If he was bent, he's had two opportunities to give them a penalty and rightly, hasn't fallen for either.
Demichelis hand ball for a corner. Shamak booked fir diving.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Done mate!

In fairness to the ref OD. If he was bent, he's had two opportunities to give them a penalty and rightly, hasn't fallen for either.
Demichelis hand ball for a corner. Shamak booked fir diving.

Neither of those were stone wall penalties mate.

I'm only counting stone wall penalties. Not 50/50s or some give it, some don't etc.

Stone wall.

And I think there was another one a min ago. Hand ball from chamakh.
But I want to see it again to see if it was stone wall first.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:04 pm

No replay at all of the hand ball claim from yaya's free kick.

Someone keep an eye on motd for me?

That's if they decide to show it.
Just need to know whether it is another to put on the count.

Cheers
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum