Messi Move To Man City A Step Closer ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Messi Move To Man City A Step Closer ?

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:15 am

We throw around the term "make it back in shirt sales" too much for my liking, but one thing you can count on is messinwould sell millions and bring in new fans. Long term it could be a wise investment, not to mention that 1st wonder goal would be on screens worldwide.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Messi is amazing. His only drawback is that he comes across as a cheating little shit at times. Easy to overlook if he's piling up hardware for your crew I'd reckon.

Cheers

How does he make you think he's trying to cheat? This is a genuine question by the way, I'm not trying to call you out or whatever. I've had the impression at times he's the only Barca player that tries to stay on his feet. I'm curious.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:We throw around the term "make it back in shirt sales" too much for my liking , but one thing you can count on is messinwould sell millions and bring in new fans. Long term it could be a wise investment, not to mention that 1st wonder goal would be on screens worldwide.

I don't think people mean the overall increase in basically everything instead of only shirt sales when they use that term. Shirt sales, TV money, beer partnerships etc...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Messi is amazing. His only drawback is that he comes across as a cheating little shit at times. Easy to overlook if he's piling up hardware for your crew I'd reckon.

Cheers

How does he make you think he's trying to cheat? This is a genuine question by the way, I'm not trying to call you out or whatever. I've had the impression at times he's the only Barca player that tries to stay on his feet. I'm curious.

Contextually when they are all falling over and getting calls his antics maybe seem a bit more than he intends but he's no Kun Aguero when it comes to staying on your feet. And he's also capable of some Scholesian tackles at times that he gets away with cuz he's Messi.

What do you think of that?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Part of me would love us to sign Messi, but part of me wonders if it could be a "Rodney Marsh" type signing?

Would the huge investment be better spent elsewhere?

now I know what you mean by this, but I don't think many more will know JCL OR GLORY HUNTERS
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Bollox used to be so much better when they came with Chinners stamp of approval.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 pm

We've as much chance of a Tevez return as signing Messi.

And truth be told, I possibly would prefer it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 pm

.......and a WAG
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:20 pm

craigmcfc wrote:.......and a WAG

Agreed. Is he Prime Minister yet or is he dead?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:.......and a WAG

Agreed. Is he Prime Minister yet or is he dead?

Cheers

Both. Or that could be just bollox.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Chinners very much alive on Twitter , music promotions and shadow minister of spinning and jumping for MRLP

I miss his bollox
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Part of me would love us to sign Messi, but part of me wonders if it could be a "Rodney Marsh" type signing?

Would the huge investment be better spent elsewhere?

Thought that was KDB - we were 5-0-0 when he arrived
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Cheers

Contextually when they are all falling over and getting calls his antics maybe seem a bit more than he intends but he's no Kun Aguero when it comes to staying on your feet. And he's also capable of some Scholesian tackles at times that he gets away with cuz he's Messi.

What do you think of that?

Cheers

I probably haven't seen as many matches as you, I guess.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Sergio Aguero: Lionel Messi Man City transfer is 'ideal' for Barcelona star

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has told Argentina teammate Lionel Messi that Manchester is the "ideal" city for him, and urged the Barcelona star not be put off a move to the Premier League by the prospect of bad weather.

Barcelona's Ballon d'Or winner Messi has been repeatedly linked with City, although the forward said at the awards ceremony in Zurich that it his intention to finish his career where he started -- "at home" at the Camp Nou.

Despite Messi's intentions, Aguero -- who has previously expressed his hope that City could persuade Messi to make a move -- told Sky Sports News: "He already knows there's no beach! I said to him, at the end of the day we spend most of our time at home.

"We play every three days and just eat and rest between games -- so the weather is not really that important. So I told him Manchester is ideal as a city because you stay home, you play every three days, we can eat and play football together."

Meanwhile, Aguero says he has learned not to let his eagerness to play make him take unnecessary risks with his fitness. The striker missed seven City games earlier this season due to a hamstring problem sustained on international duty with Argentina.

He subsequently sat out four games with a heel injury not long after before returning against Arsenal on Dec. 21, but came off in the second half with knee pain and was an unused substitute for the next match against Sunderland.

The 27-year-old has started every fixture since then, and said: "Right now I feel fit and well. With the last injury I picked up on international duty I carried on playing when I should have come off.

"That could have been avoided but you always want to play, especially for your country. Argentina really needed to win, so I said to myself 'I've got to play.'

"I felt a twinge in my leg and with the slightest sprint I felt it again. After trying so hard to keep fit, the slightest niggle and this happened. Now I won't risk myself -- as happened for the game against Sunderland.

"I started the previous game at Arsenal when I felt a pain in my knee. I was told 'that's it, you're coming off.' Now I feel like I'm getting up to full fitness for games and missing as few as possible, that's the most important thing.

"The Premier League is so demanding that you can't play at 80 percent. I've tried to do that before and that's when I've injured myself.''

Aguero, who has scored 13 goals in all competition this season, added of his fitness struggles: "You're working hard in the gym so it could be that.

"Then you think: 'What else could it be? Could it be your diet?' So you change it. Then no, maybe it's not that. Last year I changed my diet. I've always eaten well but now I eat a few more vegetables than I did.

"As well as that I try to do things in the gym to protect the quadriceps, the hamstrings and the glutes to be fit to compete properly."

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2791477/lion ... tar-aguero
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum