Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:18 am

JamieMCFC wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Who would actually buy him though?

Some team in China.

Steve Bruce.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Pep can fuck right off if he thinks he can just fuck off a fans favourite, a club legend no doubt.

Can't believe he would even try, and Cheeky wouldn't give him the heads up?

In fact, get rid of that cunbt as well, the shit he's bought is unfathomable. We have a DoF for a reason, for continuation, yet what has the cunt brought in?

His constant injuries are hurting us on the pitch, Beefy. He can hardly be used as an impact sub playing in his position so it makes perfect sense to move him on.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:49 am

bigblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Too many sentimental cunts in this thread.

Not like we're overflowing with replacements at the moment. And each of the past two summers we've only blew 30-40 million on CBs who were supposed to step up. Good news of Komp being injured now is he might get a longer rest than normal.

Also, don't call people sentimental just because they're using their brain.

In business people use their brain and reap the benefits..sentimental decisions cost money, more often than not.

That's a fact sunshine.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:54 am

Slim wrote:

Still the best defender on the books.

Let's start with 'clearing out' Mangala and Demichelis and see how far down the pecking order he ends up after we buy their replacements.

He is , when fit , which is never.

The clearout will start soon enough.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:59 pm

I feel proper sorry for Vince. I hope he recovers well and has a less injury prone time in the future. Whatever happens, I don't want him to ever leave City.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
phips wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Pep can fuck right off if he thinks he can just fuck off a fans favourite, a club legend no doubt.

Can't believe he would even try, and Cheeky wouldn't give him the heads up?

he did it to Schweinsteiger.

And who did they sell him to, and how good have they become?

PigFucker was well past it.

not sure how its relevant where he was sold to. the point is that he did it so it isn't beyond him to do it again.
but yes, Bastian was past it and injury-prone, but Kompany is definitely the latter even if he still is good when he's fit.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PrezIke » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:39 pm

bigblue wrote:

Not like we're overflowing with replacements at the moment. And each of the past two summers we've only blew 30-40 million on CBs who were supposed to step up. Good news of Komp being injured now is he might get a longer rest than normal.

Also, don't call people sentimental just because they're using their brain.

This is a highly complex and high risk decision that Pep and Txiki will have to make this summer.

Most of the centre halves we appear to be looking at signing are quite young and inexperienced (Laporte, Stones) and we lack leadership and organisation when Vinnie is not on the pitch. Yaya is likely off so we could be replacing the captain and vice captain in one close season, which is quite drastic of a change for a club looking to win for trophies at the highest level.

I am assuming Mangala will be sold or loaned out next season, but I do not envy the hierarchy in this situation as it is ripe for the media and fans to turn on them if they get it wrong after our failed attempts to improve central defence the past few seasons.

One bit of good news is it was his other calf, but still quite worrying, of course.

Who are these magical defenders we can actually sign that will shore up our defence and possess the technical quality to turn defence into attack as we have desired, and Pep does as well?

If we manage to sign Alaba that would be fantastic, yett we would be doing that for him to play left back, primarily. There is no indication we could even pull that signing off as Bayern will not want to sell, nor is it clear he would have the incentive to leave other than a huge wage increase (we'd have to offer that, obviously), as it isn't really a step up in class with clubs.

Most of the players we would likely want are going to cost huge amounts of money, which will surely lead some of our fans to whinge in 40,000 posts over the next few seasons. So, I can see the logic in cashing in on Vinnie now, as he will surely get a good price from clubs in need of a top quality centre half as he, even with the injury record. Surely it would be to one on the continent, and not the Prem. Yet, any club willing to do so would know it would be a risk to take on his wages with the injury record.

I think he will have to stay at least for one more season, unless someone comes in with a huge offer. China won't count as I don't think Vinnie would consider that even if the money was out of this world, as he surely wants to continue to win and compete in the CL until he is more clearly done in his mind (which I doubt is the case). Maybe Real Madrid might be someone I could say taking the risk since they care less about wages, with Pepe getting up there in age. Yet, they have Varane and Ramos still. Possibly Atletico Madrid, as their defenders are also quite old, and Vinnie's mentality would fit in there. Don't think he speaks Spanish, despite knowing so many languages, though. Actually, Bayern might be the best fit for them as their defence has been porous.

Again, I think Komps stays for one more season, and we transition leadership more slowly. We will likely sign at least one of those young defenders (Laporte/Stones), move on Mangala, and add Denayer to the squad. Central defence will be considered a question mark, but at least we will begin to see some youth injected, and if Vinnie shows himself to be not able to continue, at least we will see young players get their chances rather than MDM and a player who doesn't really look to have hope to improve enough in Mangala.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Sentimental would be playing him when out of form. Or not buying in a replacement, either for him or any of the other defenders by the way. I use the term defender rather than centre back as I strongly suspect Pep will not play the traditional two full backs and two centre halves. Rather a collection of defenders who cover all positions.

Keeping him in the squad to be used when the games dictate and at the managers discretion would not be sentimental. If during the next season or the season after his performances don't merit a place then that would be the time to say goodbye. Some would have sold Terry the year before last. It would have been proved the wrong decision. As was the decision to let Lampard go.

That said, we would be foolish to not try and buy replacements and you can bet your life that behind the scenes we are doing just that. If the right players aren't available then we have no choice but to keep with what we have, but I think we will have at least one new face in defence next year
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:56 pm

I think PG would relish having a fully fit Kompany in his side. The difference would be that he would know when to play him or not, instead of just throwing him in there.

Sometimes Vinnie is his own worse enemy, he needs to understand.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think PG would relish having a fully fit Kompany in his side. The difference would be that he would know when to play him or not, instead of just throwing him in there.

Sometimes Vinnie is his own worse enemy, he needs to understand.

You would also hope in a Pep team we will retain so much possession that the defense will not be under as much pressure as they have been of late.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Word is he may be fit for the 2nd leg against PSG next week.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:58 pm

PrezIke wrote:Word is he may be fit for the 2nd leg against PSG next week.

the question is though, do you risk him? do you risk him coming on for 9 mins and then hobbling off?
the upside being that he starts ahead of Mangala in a big game while the downside is him getting injured again and forcing the Otamendi-Mangala partnership for the rest of the season...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Wouldn't take the risk.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:09 pm

phips wrote:

the question is though, do you risk him? do you risk him coming on for 9 mins and then hobbling off?
the upside being that he starts ahead of Mangala in a big game while the downside is him getting injured again and forcing the Otamendi-Mangala partnership for the rest of the season...

Ahead of Mangala? If it were up to me he'd be starting ahead of Otter in this particular game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:

Ahead of Mangala? If it were up to me he'd be starting ahead of Otter in this particular game.

Mangala has had a pretty good season when fit. Otamendi has been absolutely abysmal. It shouldn't even be a contest who partners Kompany - if Kompany is fit. Furthermore, Mangala-Kompany has been our strongest defensive partnership this season.

But Pellegrini often makes a big effort to do what is not completely obvious.

Not diving in is something you learn as a 6 year old as a defender. Otamendi clearly isn't aware of that basic fact. I hope he gets better, but so far, he's our worst defender since Nastasic.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:02 pm

sheblue wrote:Wouldn't take the risk.

Me neither. You just know he's going to slice it in our own net in the final. It's written in the stars
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Announce he is available no matter what, Give the frenchies something to think about.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Announce he is available no matter what, Give the frenchies something to think about.

I
Such as scoring 3?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:40 pm

sheblue wrote:Wouldn't take the risk.

Aye.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Announce he is available no matter what, Give the frenchies something to think about.

Aye again.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum