Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:52 am

Still possibly got three years left at the top. Let's see if that is with us and how many games he gets in
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Kompany's 3 games a week days should be over now if we and he have any sense. Otherwise we'll just carry on with this same cycle
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Grob wrote:Kompany's 3 games a week days should be over now if we and he have any sense. Otherwise we'll just carry on with this same cycle

Nice to see you again Grob...you have been missed.

Kompany can barely put together half a season...hes actually played one seasons games out of 2....Thats a shocking stat.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Grob wrote:Kompany's 3 games a week days should be over now if we and he have any sense. Otherwise we'll just carry on with this same cycle

Kompany can barely put together half a season...hes actually played one seasons games out of 2....Thats a shocking stat.

Cheers lad, hope all's well your end

The he and we push his body too far to be honest, hes a beast of a man with a muscular weakness which needs to be managed. Playing 3 games a week doesn't feel like the best management to me
Grob

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Grob wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The he and we push his body too far to be honest, hes a beast of a man with a muscular weakness which needs to be managed. Playing 3 games a week doesn't feel like the best management to me

Alls good in my world mate , cheers.
Maybe theres something wrong in the way we train as we have had a mare with injuries all season.

Pep will decide what to do , if he hasnt already.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Grob wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Alls good in my world mate , cheers.
Maybe theres something wrong in the way we train as we have had a mare with injuries all season.

Pep will decide what to do , if he hasnt already.

Think some of its to do with wear and tear. Vinny, Yaya, and Silva are being asked to play like its 2012 when they are fit, and their bodys just cannot do it.

Hope Pep addresses the players fitness, so many of them look so visibly tired so quickly into games. Not sure what happens in training but it doesnt look like it helps much on the ptich
Grob

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Funny, I've just seen Vinnie playing in a Pepsi match advert.

Wierd.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Funny, I've just seen Vinnie playing in a Pepsi match advert.

Wierd.

Me too. Wonder how long ago that was made.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:53 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Funny, I've just seen Vinnie playing in a Pepsi match advert.

Wierd.

Me too. Wonder how long ago that was made.

Probably when he was getting injured for Belgium!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edge275 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:42 am

Welcome back. Your contributions have been missed big man.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Kompany has changed his boot supplier from New Balance to Adidas to try and avoid injuries?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Obviously part of it is the type of player we've recruited but when you look at the running power of spurs, Leicester and Liverpool you suspect something is lacking in our training.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Obviously part of it is the type of player we've recruited but when you look at the running power of spurs, Leicester and Liverpool you suspect something is lacking in our training.

Didn't Arry get a couple of more seasons out of a CB by him not training fully and just wheeling him out onMatchday ?
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Kompany has changed his boot supplier from New Balance to Adidas to try and avoid injuries?

I was taking to Lee about this the other day. When he changed from Nike to NB he couldn't get used to the NB boots so was still in the Nike ones but blacked out. I noticed he had blacked out boots on Tuesday when clearly the NB range are multi coloured or white. It's clear he has not taken to their foot wear.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:56 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Obviously part of it is the type of player we've recruited but when you look at the running power of spurs, Leicester and Liverpool you suspect something is lacking in our training.

Didn't Arry get a couple of more seasons out of a CB by him not training fully and just wheeling him out onMatchday ?

Probably Ledley King.

Paul McGrath at Villa probably got another couple of top flight years by doing the same as well. Probably lots of others
nottsblue

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:35 am

nottsblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Probably Ledley King.

Paul McGrath at Villa probably got another couple of top flight years by doing the same as well. Probably lots of others

Ledley King had knee problems.
Last edited by Plain Speaking on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Speaking

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:35 am

nottsblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Probably Ledley King.

Ledley King had knee problems, different to VK's calf injuries. Personally I want us to keep both VK and Zaba even if their appearances are less frequent. Both are superb role models they bleed blue and would make excellent coaches/club ambassadors when they do retire.
Plain Speaking

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:52 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Probably Ledley King.

Ledley King had knee problems, different to VK's calf injuries. Personally I want us to keep both VK and Zaba even if their appearances are less frequent. Both are superb role models they bleed blue and would make excellent coaches/club ambassadors when they do retire.

Paul McGrath put in a couple of player of the year performances as far as I remember and that was when his knees were gone and he was having a slight drink problem also.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Looks that way now doesnt it? Very sad but he is now a liability.
nottsblue

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 05, 2016 3:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:Looks that way now doesnt it? Very sad but he is now a liability.

Hes been a fuckign liability for the last 18 months FFS !!!!.

Again , some fuckign fans are just too sentimental when it comes to discussing Kompany.................HE IS A FUCKIGN SICKNOTE AND A LIABILITY and should be sold for whatever..or he accepts a position as club embassador (which he wont do)

Its been said a million times and hes been injured a million times......you can put a tuxedo on a fuckign goat but its still a bastard goat !!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum