Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:On an optimistic note. I've seen one of those snapchat thingies, doing the rounds.
There is one supposedly from raheem that shows Vinny still with the team, eating and in fine form by the looks of it.
Not sure raheem would be taking the Mickey out of him if he was seriously injured and not sure if the snapchat thingy is genuine.

Any of you young trendy social media buffs follow Raheem?
You could take a look.

Hopefully all this is a storm in a teacup.

not quite as described but I linked it neverthless

Well there you have it then.
That clears that up!

well it means that if it's dated correctly he's not been despatched back up here yet for scans etc - which is positive
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:28 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:On an optimistic note. I've seen one of those snapchat thingies, doing the rounds.
There is one supposedly from raheem that shows Vinny still with the team, eating and in fine form by the looks of it.
Not sure raheem would be taking the Mickey out of him if he was seriously injured and not sure if the snapchat thingy is genuine.

You could take a look.

That clears that up!

well it means that if it's dated correctly he's not been despatched back up here yet for scans etc - which is positive

I think Bluemoon Rising TV is reputable enough.
It also seems unlikely that if there was something sinister going on behind the scenes that Raheem wouldmake light of it like that.

But then again, the footballers of today do some pretty stupid things on social media.

It answers nothing. Particularly why he exited the game in the manner he did, but I would still see it as a positive sign in the absence of any news.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

You could take a look.

That clears that up!

actually just may from an injury point of view, but fuck knows what he was doing walking off the pitch if that's the case. I'd like him to be missing a limb next time. #PabloWouldnt

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:actually just may from an injury point of view, but fuck knows what he was doing walking off the pitch if that's the case. I'd like him to be missing a limb next time. #PabloWouldnt

cheers

I'm with Cuntsausage and the others on this. Why just walk off and leave us with 10 men and only a goal ahead in an elimination game? Especially if you're the captain. Strange all round.

At least if he's out/gone, there's no one left to say idiotic comments in the media before big CL games only for us to get played off the park.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:59 pm

So he was captain (admittedly we'd already made all three subs by then) and he walked off without signalling the bench and without passing on the armband? (I didn't get to see it myself, so just checking) I know it was late into the game, but that sets off alarms.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:So he was captain (admittedly we'd already made all three subs by then) and he walked off without signalling the bench and without passing on the armband? (I didn't get to see it myself, so just checking) I know it was late into the game, but that sets off alarms.

Yup. Questions still need to be answered.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:11 pm

I thought it was strange that VK was left on for the whole match, on his first return to action for almost 5 months. Pep eased Sane and Gundogan back gradually and that is standard practice, with a player returning after a long time out with injury.

We have been linked with many other top CBs since Pep was appointed. Maybe Pep was pushing VK too hard in his first match? Either sink or swim, to find out if he was recovered? Personally I hope VK can fully recover and play a significant part in Pep's revolution. I thought he played better than Stones last night.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm

As you say, more questions than answers. The silence is deafening actually.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Walking off the field of play and straight down the tunnel without acknowledging the bench is unforgivable for my money. Assuming that's what happened of course. Maybe Pep gave him a nod to come off?

If he didn't I can't see Pep being pleased in any way. I happen to think he will play again for us but he will be sold in January
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:35 pm

that's novel
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:40 pm

why are people turning on komps so quick? yeah its annoying as fuck that one of the best defenders in the world is made of glass and keeps getting injured but apart from a few silly moments of trying to show off and playing for Belgium that time, he is city through and through. I was working so couldn't catch the cup game but if he was walking off pulling his face I'm guessing he was pissed off about being injured again.

maybe pep was wrong to play him for 90 mins but at the end of the day he's supposed to be a professional footballer and if he's recovered, you'd think he should be able to play one fucking 90 minute game without getting another injury.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Hamstring is it, well at least it's not the calf. So much for being tired.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:06 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:why are people turning on komps so quick? yeah its annoying as fuck that one of the best defenders in the world is made of glass and keeps getting injured but apart from a few silly moments of trying to show off and playing for Belgium that time, he is city through and through. I was working so couldn't catch the cup game but if he was walking off pulling his face I'm guessing he was pissed off about being injured again.

maybe pep was wrong to play him for 90 mins but at the end of the day he's supposed to be a professional footballer and if he's recovered, you'd think he should be able to play one fucking 90 minute game without getting another injury.

Are you serious? I can totally relate to him being totally devastated by sustaining another injury and just want to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible... But we were one goal up on injury time and had used all our subs. The least he should have done was to stop play to get medical attention so that the team would have time to organise. You just don't walk away - especially not when wearing the armband. It's like a captain leaving a sinking ship with the passengers still on it.

Vinny might be a City legend, but last night - probably out of disappointment and frustration - he acted very unprofessional and selfish.

(All above is provided that he didn't get a go ahead to leave the pitch from Pep, but it sure didn't look that way.)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby frankswift » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes the last of the trouble makers imo - and he is NOT City through and through at all (some deluded fans thinks he is and should be treated with total respect.....fuck off !!) , hes fucking Flemish (maybe wallonian) through and through , hence why playing for Belgium was and is his main priority.

Since Pep has come in the guy has attitude written all over his face IMO and what he did yesterday is fuckign unforgivable....I imagine PEP is fuckign spewing deep down.

Hes finished.

This post has set me thinking. I'm not particularly patriotic, but I think that any sportsman or sportswoman whose priority is not to play for their country is not worth a tap. Or do you feel - as baconface seemed to - that the club always comes before country?

Me, I prefer players with attitude: you should have seen Mike Doyle before he was captain. But VK seems far too much like officer material for me to think of him as a trouble-maker. Happen I've missed some wild trouble-making streak in him.

Dunno whether Vin is going to stay crocked, but it might be that he comes good, you never know. Either way, I'm sure Pep will do the right thing for the club. At least, I hope so.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:58 am

frankswift wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes the last of the trouble makers imo - and he is NOT City through and through at all (some deluded fans thinks he is and should be treated with total respect.....fuck off !!) , hes fucking Flemish (maybe wallonian) through and through , hence why playing for Belgium was and is his main priority.

Since Pep has come in the guy has attitude written all over his face IMO and what he did yesterday is fuckign unforgivable....I imagine PEP is fuckign spewing deep down.

Hes finished.

This post has set me thinking. I'm not particularly patriotic, but I think that any sportsman or sportswoman whose priority is not to play for their country is not worth a tap. Or do you feel - as baconface seemed to - that the club always comes before country?

I think it's less of choosing one over the other, and more of Vinny ignoring our doctors and manager to play anyways. And as a result he missed a huge chunk of the season and fucked us. Now it may have been because he loves representing his country, but it did take a large amount of hubris to ignore the Club's (and our expert's) advice when so much was on the line.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:10 am

You could also argue that it cost him his place in the Euros last summer.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby frankswift » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:22 am

bigblue wrote:I think it's less of choosing one over the other, and more of Vinny ignoring our doctors and manager to play anyways. And as a result he missed a huge chunk of the season and fucked us. Now it may have been because he loves representing his country, but it did take a large amount of hubris to ignore the Club's (and our expert's) advice when so much was on the line.

Really? Did Pep not want him to play but he couldn't stop him, or was persuaded by Vincent to change his game plan? Then I have to take back what I said about Pep. You've got me worried. If the setup at City is such that there are players that can override what the manager says (never mind the medical staff) and select themselves to play then this club is in serious trouble.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:10 am

frankswift wrote:
bigblue wrote:I think it's less of choosing one over the other, and more of Vinny ignoring our doctors and manager to play anyways. And as a result he missed a huge chunk of the season and fucked us. Now it may have been because he loves representing his country, but it did take a large amount of hubris to ignore the Club's (and our expert's) advice when so much was on the line.

Really? Did Pep not want him to play but he couldn't stop him, or was persuaded by Vincent to change his game plan? Then I have to take back what I said about Pep. You've got me worried. If the setup at City is such that there are players that can override what the manager says (never mind the medical staff) and select themselves to play then this club is in serious trouble.

He's referring to vinny playing for Belgium when he'd been on the shelf for us and aggravating his injuries.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Fatigue of the groin for VK. Doesn't sound to bad. Lets hope its not and he is back in the next couple of weeks.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
frankswift wrote:

He's referring to vinny playing for Belgium when he'd been on the shelf for us and aggravating his injuries.

I'm not gonna defend him playing for Belgium directly after coming back from injury but he would've surely gotten injured in his first game with us after the international break had he not gone. And then we would've had to use a sub. We were better of with him getting injured with Belgium.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum