Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby Dimples » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
bigblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He was shite today anyway - got to be a great passer of the ball to play for pep.....and hes one of the worst.

But he think's he one of the best. If he ever plays for us again, he needs to try to be part of the team rather than trying to show off and stand out

Doubt he will play for us again...just a hunch.

I thought he walked off quite smartly.
Didn't look hunched at all.

Big mistake by Pep IMO. A player out for 5 months, injury prone and he leaves him on for 90 minutes om his return. Very stupid move.

Can't help thinking that the only reason VK is still here is because he is injured.
Hart, Toure, Nasri all sorted. VK was an integral part of that group. He would be gone as well if he had not been injured.
The trouble makers were identified and they were dead men walking a few months ago - they just did not know it.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

I remember Clive Wilson had bad legs too, but he managed very well.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby littlebig » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:29 am

Poor ol' Vinnie.

I hope he ends up otherwise employed by the club in some capacity. Such a brilliant character to have around the place.

City Legend
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:55 am

johnny crossan wrote:I remember Clive Wilson had bad legs too, but he managed very well.

I thought he was always fuckin injured? :)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 am

In his early days at City Vinny broke his toe and cut a forlorn figure at Carrington recuperating on his own. He looked so miserable for months and we had a ritual - I used to shout 'Come On Mr K - We Need You!' and he then did the Terminator line.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:25 am

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I remember Clive Wilson had bad legs too, but he managed very well.

I thought he was always fuckin injured? :)

scored one made one here

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 am

Any news about what happend?

He did not post anything on the social media, he usually does.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:46 am

PeterParker wrote:Any news about what happend?

He did not post anything on the social media, he usually does.

Nothing on his twitter account and facebook page, looks ominous. Expecting reports he's gone back to Manchester for treatment soon.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:18 pm

let's be honest, it was completely unprofessional. and it's not the first time he's put his own interests ahead of the club's. those questioning why pep left him on for 90 should recall that vinny chose to play for belgium - in an effing friendly - for the full 90 - after the club's medical staff advised him not to play at all. tbh i am rapidly losing respect for him.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:let's be honest, it was completely unprofessional. and it's not the first time he's put his own interests ahead of the club's. those questioning why pep left him on for 90 should recall that vinny chose to play for belgium - in an effing friendly - for the full 90 - after the club's medical staff advised him not to play at all. tbh i am rapidly losing respect for him.

I agree, he could of at least got treatment and bought us some time to get organised, instead we were a shambles and nearly conceded for those 60 secs, no one knew who to mark anything, i dont even think the players realised he was gone, pure stupidty from him, i know he was pissed off he got injured but he had a duty to get us organised and he neglected it.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:let's be honest, it was completely unprofessional. and it's not the first time he's put his own interests ahead of the club's. those questioning why pep left him on for 90 should recall that vinny chose to play for belgium - in an effing friendly - for the full 90 - after the club's medical staff advised him not to play at all. tbh i am rapidly losing respect for him.

I agree, he could of at least got treatment and bought us some time to get organised, instead we were a shambles and nearly conceded for those 60 secs, no one knew who to mark anything, i dont even think the players realised he was gone, pure stupidty from him, i know he was pissed off he got injured but he had a duty to get us organised and he neglected it.

Hes the last of the trouble makers imo - and he is NOT City through and through at all (some deluded fans thinks he is and should be treated with total respect.....fuck off !!) , hes fucking Flemish (maybe wallonian) through and through , hence why playing for Belgium was and is his main priority.

Since Pep has come in the guy has attitude written all over his face IMO and what he did yesterday is fuckign unforgivable....I imagine PEP is fuckign spewing deep down.

Hes finished.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Hes the last of the trouble makers imo - and he is NOT City through and through at all (some deluded fans thinks he is and should be treated with total respect.....fuck off !!) , hes fucking Flemish (maybe wallonian) through and through , hence why playing for Belgium was and is his main priority.

Since Pep has come in the guy has attitude written all over his face IMO and what he did yesterday is fuckign unforgivable....I imagine PEP is fuckign spewing deep down.

Hes finished.

The rumors with him started back when Mancini got let go. He was going to hand in a transfer request if Mancini was kept on.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

This
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Hes finished.

This is not seemly, calm yourself carl - we won and I doubt Vinny will feature again anytime soon. He was trying his tripes out in that game whatever issues he may or may not have with Pep.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Hes finished.

We'll get a better impression of what is going on after Pep's press conference tomorrow, hopefully.
But the body language from last night was not good. We need to get our resident forensic psychologist onto this.
PrezIke, front and centre.
The first impression I got with him walking off was that there is more to this than meets the eye. But what do I know.
I hope Carl is wrong, I hope it is something not career ending for Vinny.(Injury or otherwise) I too had in the back of my mind that this may have more to do with Pep's final clearout, along with the recent Yaya episodes.
Hopefully that is reading too much into it though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Robertoe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:32 pm

It's sad but we just cannot rely on him now. If that means having to bring in another defender so be it.
Robertoe
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:39 pm

On an optimistic note. I've seen one of those snapchat thingies, doing the rounds.
There is one supposedly from raheem that shows Vinny still with the team, eating and in fine form by the looks of it.
Not sure raheem would be taking the Mickey out of him if he was seriously injured and not sure if the snapchat thingy is genuine.

Any of you young trendy social media buffs follow Raheem?
You could take a look.

Hopefully all this is a storm in a teacup.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:43 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:On an optimistic note. I've seen one of those snapchat thingies, doing the rounds.
There is one supposedly from raheem that shows Vinny still with the team, eating and in fine form by the looks of it.
Not sure raheem would be taking the Mickey out of him if he was seriously injured and not sure if the snapchat thingy is genuine.

You could take a look.

Well maybe, but wtf was he doing? Carl may speak wise words.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:On an optimistic note. I've seen one of those snapchat thingies, doing the rounds.

You could take a look.

not quite as described but I linked it neverthless

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

You could take a look.

not quite as described but I linked it neverthless

Well there you have it then.
That clears that up!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum