A Ship In Full Sail.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: A Ship In Full Sail.

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Well, that's one less thing for me to moan about. Now, where's the Bony thread?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:11 pm

I am.not happy with the quality of the new design. If I was the owner of this multi million pound investment machine and I had the chance to create a new global brand. I would be very disappointed at the attempt provided.

The shield is shit. Why does it reach outside the inner circle? Why is the shield the one with a flat top? Why not choose a selection of designs and go to a shortlist which the board would choose from.

I personally think it's very fucking poor given the scale of the project.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I am.not happy with the quality of the new design. If I was the owner of this multi million pound investment machine and I had the chance to create a new global brand. I would be very disappointed at the attempt provided.

The shield is shit. Why does it reach outside the inner circle? Why is the shield the one with a flat top? Why not choose a selection of designs and go to a shortlist which the board would choose from.

The whole thing has been a bit of a let down, it doesn't even mention 'football club' the shagging eagle is nearly better, and that's crap.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I am.not happy with the quality of the new design. If I was the owner of this multi million pound investment machine and I had the chance to create a new global brand. I would be very disappointed at the attempt provided.

fine for now but will have to be redesigned in a few years time. not what i was expecting.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Socrates wrote:City unveil the new badge and the Irwell immediately bursts its banks. Just saying...

They could make that stripe wider. Best bit is it's pissed all over Salford

Is a sign, new badge, Salford floods. is an omen of a blue future.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Why not choose a selection of designs and go to a shortlist which the board would choose from.

You don't think this is what happened?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:27 am

I've had it as my phone wallpaper for a few days as a sort of aversion therapy and it's growing on me. There are still things I don't like, such as the double blue rivers with the rose on top being too busy, but I suspect the embroidered version will look good.

It's interesting though that it seems to have alienated some of the older fans who wanted a round badge and also some of the younger/newer ones who only knew the eagle and saw us win 4 trophies with it.

Maybe if it hadn't been leaked, we'd have got more caught up in the moment, but several days to pull it apart on the web hasn't helped. Although Bony should be grateful, as it's stopped him being the talking point.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:37 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Why not choose a selection of designs and go to a shortlist which the board would choose from.

I meant a fans voted shortlist.
Where the citizens members were allowed to vote.
This would keep opposition fans out of the way.
Vote could have been open for a week or so.

Come on, there have been fan designs on this site and BM that make the new badge look amateurish.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby budfox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:49 am

I like it a lot. Perfect mix of a modern design with a good nod to history.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:58 pm

A bit late on this...

Didn't really feel like I should have much say when they asked for input, although I didn't have as much dislike for the current crest as some others do. I'm completely cool with it, as I know and respect it being somewhat of a shout out to long time supporters/previous history of the city/club, which I also like.

Those who don't understand why the change was made to the new crest, such as some of my Yank friends here in NYC (Arsenal and Liverpool fans in this case, and one a graphic designer), were talking trash about it as being "boring." I did explain the reasons to them to counter though.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I meant a fans voted shortlist.
Where the citizens members were allowed to vote.
This would keep opposition fans out of the way.
Vote could have been open for a week or so.

Come on, there have been fan designs on this site and BM that make the new badge look amateurish.

i don't think the last point is true. Also, this is nothing to be democratic about. Like letting all your cunty neighbors pick your house color just "cuz."

The badge is fine. Looks good. Feels about right. I like it a lot actually. 8/10 for me.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby frankswift » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Socrates wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Socrates wrote:City unveil the new badge and the Irwell immediately bursts its banks. Just saying...

They could make that stripe wider. Best bit is it's pissed all over Salford

Is a sign, new badge, Salford floods. is an omen of a blue future.

Just the thing to cheer up Blues who come from Salford, you cheeky twats.

It's bad enough that there are plenty of planks who can't work out the difference between the borough of Trafford and the City of Salford.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ZonaZooBlu » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Must just be me but the fact that the 'CITY' doesn't follow the curvature of the circle annoys the shit out of me..seriously, what's that all about!!!!

Aside from that, yeah it's a bit busy and the 1894 is unnecessary, but it's growing on me..
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
ZonaZooBlu
De Jong's Tackle

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 pm

I would give this at least 9/10. It's great and it got me wondering if we should design a new badge for this forum?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Don't listen to likes of WW, use your eyes and you'll see the light. ;-)
It's magnificent.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:40 pm

ZonaZooBlu wrote:Must just be me but the fact that the 'CITY' doesn't follow the curvature of the circle annoys the shit out of me..seriously, what's that all about!!!!

Aside from that, yeah it's a bit busy and the 1894 is unnecessary, but it's growing on me..

It annoyed me, but then I saw a curved mock up and it looked ridiculous as the T and Y virtually touched. The only way out is to add FC afterwards, allowing it to space out, but they wanted a badge for the women's team as well and clearly wanted the City to stand out. I'd prefer FC, but I understand why they've dropped it.

Remember, Cook sold the idea of a global 'City' brand to them before they bought us, so this badge as the centrepiece of the City Football Group has been 7 years in the making.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ZonaZooBlu » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
ZonaZooBlu wrote:Must just be me but the fact that the 'CITY' doesn't follow the curvature of the circle annoys the shit out of me..seriously, what's that all about!!!!

It annoyed me, but then I saw a curved mock up and it looked ridiculous as the T and Y virtually touched. The only way out is to add FC afterwards, allowing it to space out, but they wanted a badge for the women's team as well and clearly wanted the City to stand out. I'd prefer FC, but I understand why they've dropped it.

Remember, Cook sold the idea of a global 'City' brand to them before they bought us, so this badge as the centrepiece of the City Football Group has been 7 years in the making.

I don't really understand the badge for the women's team business..if that's truly the case why's 1894 on there, women's side wasn't formed then..I just think it looks a bit amateur..
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
ZonaZooBlu
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Probably in the minority here but I prefer the current design.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:23 pm

ZonaZooBlu wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

I don't really understand the badge for the women's team business..if that's truly the case why's 1894 on there, women's side wasn't formed then..I just think it looks a bit amateur..

Spot on....this has fuckall to do with the women's football team,,I do not like it but it's here to stay so we will have to grow to like it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:44 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Probably in the minority here but I prefer the current design.

If I had to choose, I'm with you, honestly. Again, I so get though why others like the new one or wanted to go in this direction.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum