The newbies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The newbies

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 pm

This isn't really looking too clever now. Curse of the reactionary fan.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:01 pm

I like positive threads and supporting City players. Delighted with KDB and Ota also Delph works hard. Not a fan of Sterling ATM. He obviously has pace but rarely uses it to take on his man. He is weak on the ball and seems to lack intelligence on taking the right option. I accept he is young, hopefully he can improve.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:35 pm

I want to see sterling on the right.

Am I making this up, or was he not on the right in that Liverpool season when he, Suarez and Sturridge were immense?

The way he constantly cuts back or slows down when he's on the left is infuriating, but it will be if it's not his natural game.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Your point being that De Bruyne, Sterling, Delph et al are shit because we lost against Stoke? A tad reactionary chief ;).
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Your point being that De Bruyne, Sterling, Delph et al are shit because we lost against Stoke? A tad reactionary chief ;).

Not really, but this topic was started after a so-so win over Southampton and was a bit reactionary.

Delph, wasn't Southampton his first start?

Stirling, fans seem really indifferent about him, surprised at the comments here. Has he really performed?

Otto, cost us v Juve (badly for someone who's "strong") looked weak again today.

KDB is obviously quality.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:16 am

Harry was pap today
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:10 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Not really, but this topic was started after a so-so win over Southampton and was a bit reactionary.

Delph, wasn't Southampton his first start?

Stirling, fans seem really indifferent about him, surprised at the comments here. Has he really performed?

Otto, cost us v Juve (badly for someone who's "strong") looked weak again today.

KDB is obviously quality.

Everyone has shit games. Sterling is probably still a virgin, most defenders have 'lost' a game through an individual error, and Delph hasn't really put a foot wrong anyway.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:38 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I want to see sterling on the right.

Am I making this up, or was he not on the right in that Liverpool season when he, Suarez and Sturridge were immense?

The way he constantly cuts back or slows down when he's on the left is infuriating, but it will be if it's not his natural game.

He was definitely there in a game agaisnt us at the Etihad where his pace frightened us to death. I'm sure he spent most of that season on the right. Then, in his wisdom, Brenda started moving him about and we're continuing with it.

He's now got a bad case of Navas disease - rather than take the fullback on and risk losing the ball, he plays it back into the middle for someone else to find a way through. If we're going to play our wingers like that, we may as well put Fernando and Delph out there, as at least we'd be solid defensively.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum