the january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

the january window

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 pm

who comes?
who goes?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: the january window

Postby TGR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:25 pm

We need a half decent striker as Willfried is simply not up to it and never will be for us.
After a season and a half it is clear Mangala is a £48m dud. He needs to go at probably less than half we paid for him but he won't. However we do have good potential coming thru the EDS.
Zabba is becoming more and more injury prone so we need to look at this but we won't.
Carry on Pike!
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:46 pm

IF and it's a big IF we have a new manager coming at the end of this season then getting new players in Jan simply won't happen
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roblues » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:49 pm

TGR wrote:After a season and a half it is clear Mangala is a £48m dud.

As clear as every other lie the media would have you believe, although you've exaggerated this one even further than they ever did.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:09 pm

TGR wrote:We need a half decent striker as Willfried is simply not up to it and never will be for us.
After a season and a half it is clear Mangala is a £48m dud. He needs to go at probably less than half we paid for him but he won't. However we do have good potential coming thru the EDS.
Zabba is becoming more and more injury prone so we need to look at this but we won't.
Carry on Pike!

I'm not sure if Mangala was great value at £29m but he's mch better than the shite they have at swamp.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:who comes?
who goes?

Not sure how much activity there will be in January. It's usually quieter than expected. The best players are not available and that's where we shop.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:19 pm

A couple of creative cheeky loans similar to the vieira Pizarro ones a few seasons ago pref in attack would be nice, maybe villa. I wouldn't b keen to spend big on short term options prefer to do business in the summer like we did.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:44 pm

TGR wrote:We need a half decent striker as Willfried is simply not up to it and never will be for us.
Carry on Pike!

You mustn't have had many chances to watch City playing this season to come to the conclusion that Mangalas a dud.I'm really pleased with him this season and think he's shown he might actually turn out to prove his worth here.

I would happily look at another striker though.I don't dislike Bony but he's clearly not producing the goods, Dzeko would be in double figures with the service he's getting.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Alex Sandro? Would Juve really sell in the middle of the season though and why have 3 left backs?

Would Demichelis really leave for River Plate then either? Won't that affect his ability to earn any trophies we win? In other words, why not go after the season. I know he wants to play more, but look at our injury record. He's been playing more.

We are not getting a striker as some seem to hope.

Honestly, I doubt we do much at all.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ray78 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Nothing until the summer. The likes of Mangala and Bony will be given as much time as possible and as much a new striker would be welcomed there isn't a chance of an elite one being available in January with added bonus of Kelechi being pushed down even further.
Last edited by Ray78 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:56 pm

No changes. No one in. No one out. And Mangala is fine btw.

Summer?

Pony can get on his horse and fukkennnn ride yo.

Buy a goddam striker.

Bring some kids through legit style. Garcia, Barker, Zucchini, Denayer, one of those fullback kids or two.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Isco to replace Nasri for me.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Demi will go.....hes done us proud but now is the time for him to go.

Noone else will go as its odds on Guardiola will be here in the summer and he will decide who goes.

No matter - These cunts should be sold.

Bony
YAYA
Nasri
Mangala

Mark my words...if Guardiola comes in , then 99% of the above will be gone...if not all.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:37 pm

It's a difficult one. Nasri has surely played his last game for us with Demichelis going at some point as well. Who comes in? Well, it's fantasy football time and I have always maintained that Isco is a must have for us. We then need a quality central midfielder with a bit of everything and there aren't a lot around. The only ones I can think of would be Thiago Alacantara of Bayern and obviously Pogba and for whatever reason you can't realistically see us signing them.

Not too sure about Bony as I thought he was decent in flashes today but it was a terrible shot (the offside effort) so the jury is still out.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:04 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Demi will go.....hes done us proud but now is the time for him to go.

Noone else will go as its odds on Guardiola will be here in the summer and he will decide who goes.

Bony
YAYA
Nasri
Mangala

Mark my words...if Guardiola comes in , then 99% of the above will be gone...if not all.

Nasri is surely going after this season now.

if 99% go what is the other 1%?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:15 am

Demi will stay for the season now surely unless we can get Denayer back ( he shouldn't have goone in the first place)
Bony aslo likely to stay and we know he can do something but some of his performances (today's 30 minutes was dire) make me wonder why Kelechi isn't getting more time.

Kelechi must be brought into the CL squad for Nasri.

Mangala will be fine.Poor against LPool where we forgot to field a midfield but otherwise was showing some good signs.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:25 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Demi will go.....hes done us proud but now is the time for him to go.

Bony
YAYA
Nasri
Mangala

No way Mangala should leave. Unlikely Yaya either. Our midfield with 2 cunts supporting him was fantastic first half today. We bossed it.

Bony and Nasri can fuck off immediately as they are useless or injured.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 am

I'm sure some on here will be licking it but nothing will happen as far as City are concerned.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:03 am

Carry on Pike!

Was a bad miss by Wilf but he also had a great touch to setup our 3rd goal. He's a talented guy and still brings a lot to the team even if his finishing is abysmal atm.
Mangala looks great when playing with Komps and will probably look just as goo with the Otter soon too. He seems to be the brawn rather than the brains and his touch can be strange, but is an athlete and solid defender with the right players around him.

You can fuck off with even hinting at selling Zabba. He is the embodiment of a warrior for our team.

As a side note, you may be the most negative poster I've seen on here.

Also, Yaya ain't leaving Carl. Get over it.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Carry on Pike!

Tick tock...
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum