the january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the january window

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:42 am

Wooders wrote:You seem to be basing all your opinion of him on one moment in the World Cup

Which by the way,in a game where messi and serge were also shit - shitter than him by your logic as at least he got himself into a scoring position

Anyway - we need a striker, bony showed once again at the weekend that he is not good enough - I'd settle for Dave villa on a short term

Sergio was injured and played in the final when clearly he should not have, Messi was burnt out and dead on his feet at that stage.
If both of them were fit they would have won it.

As for Higuain, I dont think so.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:46 am

If I fucking hear again some shouts about Denayer, I will start to regret Savic.

He is shit, saw him at Galarasaray week in and out and he is just a next level Howey. Boring as fuck and shady as hell. I would not buy anyone, let`s have our team fit and then we can see what is our level.

PS: Sad to see that people are talking about shipping Mangala out and making they decision based on the Scouse game when he played INJURED.. Should I add that he is leading the France national defence? And not Koscielny?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:33 pm

PeterParker wrote:PS: Sad to see that people are talking about shipping Mangala out and making they decision based on the Scouse game when he played INJURED.. Should I add that he is leading the France national defence? And not Koscielny?

Is he though? Not vs England and Germany. Mangala has 2 appearance for France this year. Koscielny has 5, Varane 10, Sakho 3 and Zouma 2.

Stop talking out of your ass.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:55 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
PeterParker wrote:PS: Sad to see that people are talking about shipping Mangala out and making they decision based on the Scouse game when he played INJURED.. Should I add that he is leading the France national defence? And not Koscielny?

Is he though? Not vs England and Germany. Mangala has 2 appearance for France this year. Koscielny has 5, Varane 10, Sakho 3 and Zouma 2.

i agree with him about Mangala tho...he's a fantastic defender. The criticism of him is bullshit. I don't think Koscielny is shit, but i'd rather have Mangala all day. And he's better than Zouma or Sakho that's for sure. Varane is a better all around player i think, but he's also one of the best young CBs in the world and would cost some fucker 55M to buy, so...

Mangala shouldn't be getting the stick he is. Quality player. He'll matter for years here if we are even a little bit patient.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

i agree with him about Mangala tho...he's a fantastic defender. The criticism of him is bullshit. I don't think Koscielny is shit, but i'd rather have Mangala all day. And he's better than Zouma or Sakho that's for sure. Varane is a better all around player i think, but he's also one of the best young CBs in the world and would cost some fucker 55M to buy, so...

Mangala shouldn't be getting the stick he is. Quality player. He'll matter for years here if we are even a little bit patient.

cheers

Mangala is all over the place. One minute he looks good and the next time he looks like a complete novice. We want competent footballing centre backs and he is miles off it right now. The match against Liverpool was so shocking it was probably easier for us to play with 10 men rather than 10 men + Mangala.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Man gala gets away with shit Savic and Nasty never pulled because he looks the part.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Of course, because we judge him after the games with England, Germany and Scouse.

Tell me, did you want Vinnie out after last season, no? How do you feel about Zabaleta? Maybe he needs to exit too

A little stats if you want, only in the league. Mangala played 3 years at Porto, here are the defensive stats there, just in the league.

Him: 53 games 6 goals
Porto conceided in 13/14 - 25 goals; 12/13 - 14 goals and 11/12 - 19 goals. 58 goals. If we cut the number of games Mangala was on from that number, you know what we get? 29. He played for Porto 53 games and in that time, Porto received 29 goals. In Three Seasons.

He is not 45 milion, but he is EXCELENT in our back four almost every time when he is needed. Yes, he will make mistakes, Vinnie will do too and Hipster Nick have his bad days, but at the moment we have 4 of the best central defenders in the world. If you don't like it, here is City`s back four against WHU in 2005: S. Distin - Onouha - Mills - Jordan.

Let's not act like typical rags, scouse or arse fans who only search for scapegoats
Last edited by PeterParker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Mangala is all over the place. One minute he looks good and the next time he looks like a complete novice. We want competent footballing centre backs and he is miles off it right now. The match against Liverpool was so shocking it was probably easier for us to play with 10 men rather than 10 men + Mangala.

ONE bad game this season WW, just one. And btw Demichelis was worse than Mangala in that game and that took some doing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

ONE bad game this season WW, just one. And btw Demichelis was worse than Mangala in that game and that took some doing.

It's all about opinions. Mine was that if Aguero could have lasted 90 mins. Mangala would have been dragged off at half time too.

I am not a hater, just a realist. Look at my thread analysing the back 4 at the back end of last season. I said then that Mangala was excellent and our most consistent defender. There is no.comparison to how he played against Liverpool. His jumping in and his general positioning was stuff of amateurs.
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
It's all about opinions. Mine was that if Aguero could have lasted 90 mins. Mangala would have been dragged off at half time too.

I am not a hater, just a realist. Look at my thread analysing the back 4 at the back end of last season. I said then that Mangala was excellent and our most consistent defender. There is no.comparison to how he played against Liverpool. His jumping in and his general positioning was stuff of amateurs.

for me it was a classic case of overcompensation. Vinny does it all the time. Defenders do it.

Hardest job in footy x10 is the life of a CB. You'll make 1 or 2 fuckups every match that could create chances if everything breaks right for the opposition (e.g. a stroke of fortune, an amazing run of play, someone else in the back four fucking up as well, a combination of all those things, etc).

I hate to sound like Ted, but... Troooth, y'all.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:56 pm

I don't disagree with your opinion of his performance in that game but I'll say it again it was one game. He's been pretty solid for us since his he settled.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Of course, because we judge him after the games with England, Germany and Scouse.

Tell me, did you want Vinnie out after last season, no? How do you feel about Zabaleta? Maybe he needs to exit too

A little stats if you want, only in the league. Mangala played 3 years at Porto, here are the defensive stats there, just in the league.

Porto conceided in 13/14 - 25 goals; 12/13 - 14 goals and 11/12 - 19 goals. 58 goals. If we cut the number of games Mangala was on from that number, you know what we get? 29. He played for Porto 53 games and in that time, Porto received 29 goals. In Three Seasons.

He is not 45 milion, but he is EXCELENT in our back four almost every time when he is needed. Yes, he will make mistakes, Vinnie will do too and Hipster Nick have his bad days, but at the moment we have 4 of the best central defenders in the world. If you don't like it, here is City`s back four against WHU in 2005: S. Distin - Onouha - Mills - Jordan.

Let's not act like typical rags, scouse or arse fans who only search for scapegoats

What are you bleating about. I never said a word against Mangala's performances, but please refrain from spreading lies. Mangala is NOT leading the France national defence! Far from it. He didn't feature in the last two matches vs England & Germany and the above mentioned defenders with the exception of Zouma all played more minutes in 2015. I have also not compared their performances to his. I don't care whether he is better than Koscielny or Sakho or Varane. The fact is, he only played 180 minutes for France this year and is NOT leading their defence.

I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:28 pm

PeterParker wrote:

What are you bleating about. I never said a word against Mangala's performances, but please refrain from spreading lies. Mangala is NOT leading the France national defence! Far from it. He didn't feature in the last two matches vs England & Germany and the above mentioned defenders with the exception of Zouma all played more minutes in 2015. I have also not compared their performances to his. I don't care whether he is better than Koscielny or Sakho or Varane. The fact is, he only played 180 minutes for France this year and is NOT leading their defence.

Keep that thought until the Euro.

France last official game was in July 2014, so it is normal that they will try even Giroud as a left back to see how and IF it works.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Here are some stats about CB partnerships this year. It only counts full games that they have played as well. Now this was made 8 days ago, but take it how you see it:

While Otamendi is still settling in, but Mangala is doing quite ok playing with Kompany. Also shows how much we depend on Vincent.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby roblues » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:46 pm

bigblue wrote:Here are some stats about CB partnerships this year. It only counts full games that they have played as well. Now this was made 8 days ago, but take it how you see it:

While Otamendi is still settling in, but Mangala is doing quite ok playing with Kompany. Also shows how much we depend on Vincent.

Small sample size but if you roll it back to when Mangala joined I suspect it would be even more enlightening. Like Lescott, when he gets it wrong it looks horrible, but I still trust him every time he starts
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby Grandad Rosler » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 pm

roblues wrote:
bigblue wrote:Here are some stats about CB partnerships this year. It only counts full games that they have played as well. Now this was made 8 days ago, but take it how you see it:

Small sample size but if you roll it back to when Mangala joined I suspect it would be even more enlightening. Like Lescott, when he gets it wrong it looks horrible, but I still trust him every time he starts

Completely agree. Think that Demi has been our liability this season. No idea what he was doing jumping out of the way last game leaving Southampton through on goal.

Mangala has looked the part more often than not imo and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Disappointed to hear about Denayer if assessments prove right
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:04 pm

This transferwindow could actuallytell us where pep is heading imo, if we go big as spend shit loads and scum don't I think that's a good indicationhe may head to them and the same the other way around. There wouldn't be any point if you were getting shot of your manager to spend so may as well keep it back for them to decide how to restructure.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:52 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:This transferwindow could actuallytell us where pep is heading imo, if we go big as spend shit loads and scum don't I think that's a good indicationhe may head to them and the same the other way around. There wouldn't be any point if you were getting shot of your manager to spend so may as well keep it back for them to decide how to restructure.

Unless he has already provided his wishlist and messi
Wonderwall

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:This transferwindow could actuallytell us where pep is heading imo, if we go big as spend shit loads and scum don't I think that's a good indicationhe may head to them and the same the other way around. There wouldn't be any point if you were getting shot of your manager to spend so may as well keep it back for them to decide how to restructure.

I did think about that too, but the players he would be able to bring in would most likely wait to see where he's going and the club couldn't risk telling them that he has out lined the transfers as with anything in football it's never a done deal untill you actuallysee them standing in stadiumwith a shirt held high. That and the fact most players are gobshitesand wouldn't be able to keep it to themselves
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:52 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I did think about that too, but the players he would be able to bring in would most likely wait to see where he's going and the club couldn't risk telling them that he has out lined the transfers as with anything in football it's never a done deal untill you actuallysee them standing in stadium with a shirt held high. That and the fact most players are gob shites and wouldn't be able to keep it to themselves
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum