the january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the january window

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Cant see a lot of business, maybe a loan or something.
The idea we should sell mangala is just nuts.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:32 pm

I would like Isco in either of the next 2 windows too, but why would he move. He plays most games at Real and doesn't seem unhappy.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:35 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I would like Isco in either of the next 2 windows too, but why would he move. He plays most games at Real and doesn't seem unhappy.

If Isco comes, he starts.

Who's going to sit down for him?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Slim wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I would like Isco in either of the next 2 windows too, but why would he move. He plays most games at Real and doesn't seem unhappy.

If Isco comes, he starts.

Who's going to sit down for him?

Isco is in the same mould as Dave and Sami. We have missed their inventiveness for the last 6 weeks. My ideal 3 behind Aguero would be Isco, KDB and Big Dave. I think we have played 21 games so far this season! Plenty of opportunity for Navas and Sterling to get game time. Long term there are question marks over Sami.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Stones. Higuain.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:51 pm

The right back position concerns me. We lose a lot of attacking threat with Sagna ( although I admit he has been surprisingly good this season)
When Zabba is fit, he looks on the decline and I have no idea if Maffeo is close to being ready, although I'm told not.

Also MDM is declining rapidly now sadly.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Stones. Higuain.

horrible ideas. stones is overprices and we alrady have denayer, otter, komps, mangler. higuain is a massive choker and lost the world cup for the argies. Why anyone would want him is beyond me
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:30 pm

If, and that is a really big if, we were in the market for a forward, the lad Aubameyang at Dortmund looks shit hot
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:08 pm

bigblue wrote:

horrible ideas. stones is overprices and we alrady have denayer, otter, komps, mangler. higuain is a massive choker and lost the world cup for the argies. Why anyone would want him is beyond me

Higuan world class finisher 65 secs what a goal.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm

We deffo need another quality center forward , we are over reliant on Aguero this season and Bony misfiring it's a no brainer for me . January however is a ridiculously difficult transfer window .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tim777 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:29 pm

I still say Lewandowski if and when he becomes available.
My wrists depend on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... sburg.html
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

He is probably the biggest choker of the past 20 years. Consistently shits himself when presented with chances to score in big games.

- Missed a huge chance in the WC final
- Missed a bigger chance in the last second of the Copa America final (with the score 0-0). Then missed a penalty in the shootout.
- Missed a penalty to move Napoli into the chumps league in the last game of the season last year
- Missed a great chance the year before in the Copa Italia final
.... and a few more:

http://screamer.deadspin.com/a-brief-hi ... 1716055621

Don't want him anywhere near our team. Also very surprised Messi, Sergio, Otter, Zabbs, or another teammate hasn't murdered him after the last two international tournaments
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:29 pm

bigblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

He is probably the biggest choker of the past 20 years. Consistently shits himself when presented with chances to score in big games.

- Missed a huge chance in the WC final
- Missed a bigger chance in the last second of the Copa America final (with the score 0-0). Then missed a penalty in the shootout.
- Missed a penalty to move Napoli into the chumps league in the last game of the season last year
- Missed a great chance the year before in the Copa Italia final
.... and a few more:

http://screamer.deadspin.com/a-brief-hi ... 1716055621

Don't want him anywhere near our team. Also very surprised Messi, Sergio, Otter, Zabbs, or another teammate hasn't murdered him after the last two international tournaments

Another great finish 2-0, he he
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Another great finish 2-0, he he

???

I don't care at all if he scores a few league goals vs Inter. If you want to win trophies you keep him the fuck away from your team. When the pressure is on, he has as much spine as a jellyfish
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 pm

bigblue wrote:

???

I don't care at all if he scores a few league goals vs Inter. If you want to win trophies you keep him the fuck away from your team. When the pressure is on, he has as much spine as a jellyfish

Relax mate, btw this is the biggest game in Serie A this season to-date 60,000 he has done the biz, top finisher always fit. Jovetic hit the post last seconds. Bobby Manc loses top spot.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

???

Relax mate, btw this is the biggest game in Serie A this season to-date 60,000 he has done the biz, top finisher always fit. Jovetic hit the post last seconds. Bobby Manc loses top spot.

I am relaxed mate. I just find it absurd that you think he would be a good transfer. He would set the 'typical City' bar to new heights; do well in the league and group stages, only to miss the crucial chances in a cup final or last game of the season.

We already have players missing tap-ins under pressure and you want to add Higuain to the mix? LOL

Look at it this way... if he could have kept his head and finish when it mattered, Messi would probably be regarded as the greatest player of all time. But because of Gonzalo's complete failure when it really matters, Messi is still seen as a step below Pele, Maradona, & co. Plus he took a World Cup and Copa America away from Sergio, Pablo, and Demi (which contributed to our underwhelming start to the season last year). How great would it have been for Aguero to win a World Cup, eh?

Higuain can go fuck himself and stay far away from City.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 am

I wonder if we will lose the lesbian?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:00 am

dazby wrote:I wonder if we will lose the lesbian?

He is out for 6 months. He won't be going anywhere until summer.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 am

You seem to be basing all your opinion of him on one moment in the World Cup

Which by the way, in a game where messi and serge were also shit - shitter than him by your logic as at least he got himself into a scoring position

Anyway - we need a striker, bony showed once again at the weekend that he is not good enough - I'd settle for Dave villa on a short term
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:41 am

bigblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

???

I am relaxed mate. I just find it absurd that you think he would be a good transfer. He would set the 'typical City' bar to new heights; do well in the league and group stages, only to miss the crucial chances in a cup final or last game of the season.

We already have players missing tap-ins under pressure and you want to add Higuain to the mix? LOL

Look at it this way... if he could have kept his head and finish when it mattered, Messi would probably be regarded as the greatest player of all time. But because of Gonzalo's complete failure when it really matters, Messi is still seen as a step below Pele, Maradona, & co. Plus he took a World Cup and Copa America away from Sergio, Pablo, and Demi (which contributed to our underwhelming start to the season last year). How great would it have been for Aguero to win a World Cup, eh?

Higuain can go fuck himself and stay far away from City.

Nailed on then ! You have to remember being third pick to the two you mention is no disgrace and Messi has the lack of a World Cup winners medal as a stick beating him daily. Sergio done great stuff for Argentina but no more than Higuain who again converted 2 out of three chances and the keeper pulled of a great save to stop the third. Bobby Mancs comment from last night Quote.. “Higuain is a remarkable striker, he only needs half a chance and he scores. Higuain certainly makes an enormous difference.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum