***Yaya recently...***(Edited for Beefy)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Yaya recently...***(Edited for Beefy)

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:52 pm

The best part of 1m a month in wages, i dont give a shit how good "he was" that wont help us now or tomorrow. As much as we all fucking hate bacon face he new when to get rid and that was as much a part of his success as anything imo.
Time to move forward and say thanks for what you helped us achieve but the time has come.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Not sure we can afford keep him and bring in quality we need in the centre. The amount of space van Dijk had to bring ball forward today was a joke. They also has a chance second half where their midfielder just strolled through our midfield without a challenge. Not all Yaya's fault but if he isn't pressing or marking there is always a spare man in the centre. Going to be interesting problem to resolve as at times I thought Southampton targeted him when he got it
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:02 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:The best part of 1m a month in wages, i dont give a shit how good "he was" that wont help us now or tomorrow. As much as we all fucking hate bacon face he new when to get rid and that was as much a part of his success as anything imo.
Time to move forward and say thanks for what you helped us achieve but the time has come.

I'd keep him at the club if he was still a positive influence. I wouldn't keep him in the team.
Agree if he was disruptive after being dropped, which he may well be, I wouldn't hesitate to take what we could for him.
I would prefer his influence still about the place though if he accepts taking a back seat more.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:05 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:The best part of 1m a month in wages, i dont give a shit how good "he was" that wont help us now or tomorrow. As much as we all fucking hate bacon face he new when to get rid and that was as much a part of his success as anything imo.

I'd keep him at the club if he was still a positive influence. I wouldn't keep him in the team.
Agree if he was disruptive after being dropped, which he may well be, I wouldn't hesitate to take what we could for him.
I would prefer his influence still about the place though if he accepts taking a back seat more.

We have all seen his childish tantrums on and off the pitch over feck all so i cant see how he is someone to have around the youth players as its hard enough to keep the fuckers feet on the ground already.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:56 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

We have all seen his childish tantrums on and off the pitch over feck all so i cant see how he is someone to have around the youth players as its hard enough to keep the fuckers feet on the ground already.

Unfortunately, you may well be right.
However like I said, I'd prefer to keep his influence if it was positive. That doesn't mean I believe that is how he would behave.
In an ideal world, heh?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:19 pm

1 million a month...........think about it......I now know what my fuckign rag mates feel when they harp on about shreks fuckign performances and he gets paid 1.2 a month !!!!

He should have been sold last season....hes a player with a 1 in 5 great performance.Today he tried to get a goal FOR HIMSELF..fuck the team.....he tried to get headlines in the papers with his name in neon lights !!!!

Anyone that thinks otherwise is fuckign deluded..
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Amazing how this one player is slagged off more than anyone else on the team in multiple threads for years and now reaching new heights of low blows lashed out on the man. This is quite sad given how important he has been and still is in some ways, at the tail end of his career.

He was not terrible today. That's ignoring how he played in the first half where he did fine. He is a significant step slower and with his weight and age is probably not able to run around as he used to and saves it for moments. Has anyone attacking him here actually considered what it is like to age and be an athlete, especially one who used their athletic ability well, and possesses his size? Meanwhile his leadership, power and technique makes him one of the most unique midfielders ever, arguably.

I am disappointed in his performances the last few matches, and I do wonder if the pace issue is now affecting his ability to get to the ball like he used to.

We didn't sell this past summer, for good reason, because we could't and won't likely get Pogba, and he would leave a giant gap in our buildup/creative play, often in tight spaces for which he has been most instrumental in other than Silva and maybe Nasri when he is at his best. Delph is looking great now, and Fern2 better, and Fern1 back to 2 seasons ago (maybe better) but no one would have wanted to rely on those three going into this season, when Yaya is also a major back room influence that commands respect of his peers and team mates.

Remember that great goal he scored from interplay between he and Bony earlier in the season? In August he was playing quite well which even resurrected the original "What does Yaya Toure actually do?" thread when we were playing at our best and winning every week. Go have a look:

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=37838&start=760

Where would we be if he wasn't helping to start the season when Delph and Fern2 were hurt?

That's the reason he is here still, because when he is playing well we are a very difficult side to beat, and can scare the crap out of defences. Now? He is aging faster, and we are on the tail end of two infuriating losses for our fans, including our worst since the takeover. As a result of his involvement and appearance, he is an easy lightning rod for the Liverpool loss, where his weaknesses were exposed thanks in part to our manager's team selection, and then were promptly silenced by a Mourinho-like tactical masterclass by Juve; crowding the midfield, using 3 centre halves in unison as if on a rope (so said the announcer I heard repeat more than a few times) never bothering to move too far forward, using wingbacks to help create chances, and hitting us on the counter as we tried to win with possession, but no cutting edge, and other players performing poorly, and/or returning from injury or being rested for whatever reason due to the international break and a crowded schedule. To me, if we set up differently or had a different team sheet maybe these criticisms are not as loud.

He's a club legend, who has helped us win trophies and came up huge in big games when we needed something out of nothing. 2 years ago he was the best midfielder in England when we won a title, and the league cup (which winning he was a key part) and 2nd best player, but the English media fanboys voted Gerrard over him after Suarez. Those who keep showing him such disrespect just further adds evidence to why he maybe not too off in asking why he is not as respected as his peers by some fans. When he was a beast, he did not get the accolades, even from our fans maybe who seem to lean more towards Silva or Aguero, who I love dearly, but are not doubted the same even when their injury record is unbelievable compared to Yaya who rarely is hurt, and has surely played more games for us, and is older.

I know it's frustrating to see him not appear to track back, or put in effort, but appearances are appearances, not necessarily reality. Kolarov has far less reason to be ignored, as he also stank it up against Liverpool, and did poorly on Southampton's goal today, but I don't see the same amount of threads or even posts going after him, and he does not have running around as someone of his size and age for 90 minutes to defend himself. I raised in one of the other anti-Yaya threads that we don't see him make the runs he used to anymore. Today he tried, but his pace failed him. His loss of quickness may also be hurting his touch, and ability to retain the ball. He can still make the amazing pass forward, or those curling passes to the wing that are so beautiful to see so that is useful, but Pellegrini has to use him wisely.

I think we may see him go to the bench and come on late sometimes, but it's not easy to just drop someone like him because of his importance and influence. It could be disruptive to team unity and cohesiveness. It's just sad that the way he has to be treated by some of our fans is so disrespectful when he has given so much to our club and fans' memories.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:33 pm

PrezIke wrote:Amazing how this one player is slagged off more than anyone else on the team in multiple threads for years and now reaching new heights of low blows lashed out on the man. This is quite sad given how important he has been and still is in some ways, at the tail end of his career.

He was not terrible today. That's ignoring how he played in the first half where he did fine. He is a significant step slower and with his weight and age is probably not able to run around as he used to and saves it for moments. Has anyone attacking him here actually considered what it is like to age and be an athlete, especially one who used their athletic ability well, and possesses his size? Meanwhile his leadership, power and technique makes him one of the most unique midfielders ever, arguably.

I am disappointed in his performances the last few matches, and I do wonder if the pace issue is now affecting his ability to get to the ball like he used to.

We didn't sell this past summer, for good reason, because we could't and won't likely get Pogba, and he would leave a giant gap in our buildup/creative play, often in tight spaces for which he has been most instrumental in other than Silva and maybe Nasri when he is at his best. Delph is looking great now, and Fern2 better, and Fern1 back to 2 seasons ago (maybe better) but no one would have wanted to rely on those three going into this season, when Yaya is also a major back room influence that commands respect of his peers and team mates.

Remember that great goal he scored from interplay between he and Bony earlier in the season? In August he was playing quite well which even resurrected the original "What does Yaya Toure actually do?" thread when we were playing at our best and winning every week. Go have a look:

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=37838&start=760

Where would we be if he wasn't helping to start the season when Delph and Fern2 were hurt?

That's the reason he is here still, because when he is playing well we are a very difficult side to beat, and can scare the crap out of defences. Now? He is aging faster, and we are on the tail end of two infuriating losses for our fans, including our worst since the takeover. As a result of his involvement and appearance, he is an easy lightning rod for the Liverpool loss, where his weaknesses were exposed thanks in part to our manager's team selection, and then were promptly silenced by a Mourinho-like tactical masterclass by Juve; crowding the midfield, using 3 centre halves in unison as if on a rope (so said the announcer I heard repeat more than a few times) never bothering to move too far forward, using wingbacks to help create chances, and hitting us on the counter as we tried to win with possession, but no cutting edge, and other players performing poorly, and/or returning from injury or being rested for whatever reason due to the international break and a crowded schedule. To me, if we set up differently or had a different team sheet maybe these criticisms are not as loud.

He's a club legend, who has helped us win trophies and came up huge in big games when we needed something out of nothing. 2 years ago he was the best midfielder in England when we won a title, and 2nd best player, but the English media fanboys voted Gerrard over him after Suarez. Those who keep showing him such disrespect just further adds evidence to why he maybe not too off in asking why he is not as respected as his peers by some fans. When he was a beast, he did not get the accolades, even from our fans maybe who seem to lean more towards Silva or Aguero, who I love dearly, but are not doubted the same even when their injury record is unbelievable compared to Yaya who rarely is hurt, and has surely played more games for us, and is older.

I know it's frustrating to see him not appear to track back, or put in effort, but appearances are appearances, not necessarily reality. Kolarov has far less reason to be ignored, as he also stank it up against Liverpool, and did poorly on Southampton's goal today, but I don't see the same amount of threads or even posts going after him, and he does not have running around as someone of his size and age for 90 minutes to defend himself. I raised in one of the other anti-Yaya threads that we don't see him make the runs he used to anymore. Today he tried, but his pace failed him. His loss of quickness may also be hurting his touch, and ability to retain the ball. He can still make the amazing pass forward, or those curling passes to the wing that are so beautiful to see so that is useful, but Pellegrini has to use him wisely.

I think we may see him go to the bench and come on late sometimes, but it's not easy to just drop someone like him because of his importance and influence. It could be disruptive to team unity and cohesiveness. It's just sad that the way he has to be treated by some of our fans is so disrespectful when he has given so much to our club and fans' memories.

Looking back on yesteryear is just that.....its yesteryear.
The fact is , YAYA is not that same player , hes fuckign up more often than not and his time is up.

I fuckign despair when fans look back and try and justify the same player being in the team.

I want him gone in the summer..its better for us we get a younger player and a more hungry one.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:57 pm

carl, it's not really about nostalgia, as I know he is not the same player, and I would have been fine with him leaving if we had a replacement that was worthwhile over the summer, but we could not get our top target to replace him. If he walked I think we would have regretted it. I'm fine with him leaving after this year as well, but do we want the 2 Ferns and Delp being the main 3 midfielders? Maybe. I could see us going for Barkley like the rumours from 2 years ago, but Everton may not sell.

What the defense of Yaya is about is how some of us are speaking about him when he has been so important to our club and fans. Do/Did Liverpool fans lash out the same way at Gerrard? He cost them the title, arguably.

I repeatedly call into doubt that Yaya does not care as some of us keep repeating as if that makes it true, and myself and others provide explanations that could make sense, yet seem to be not even addressed by the most vocal critics. I read one reply in one of the mumtiple recent anti-Yaya threads ("Is Yaya finished?"), but got a mostly a response that mocked him as being "wise" when I suggested he has to be "wise" enough to know when to burst with his loss of pace.

He isn't Jovetic or other players who have no reputation with the club, who I can get why our fans could speak so poorly of.

He's a club legend who I feel deserves to be treated with more dignity from some of us. I didn't like the cakegate thing either, but I also can see how he could have reacted as such with the loss of his brother (all humans respond differently to such life experiences), and the fact that he was overlooked when clearly having an amazing season, perhaps in part because the English media and fans not of City really hated to see us win the league again and wanted Liverpool or at least Chelsea.

Peace.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ray78 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:06 am

Yaya is currently the team's captain in Vinny's absence. Not only he has to concentrate on his own game but he has to keep an eye out for the rest of his team mates game as well. He is under huge amounts of pressure with the expectancy. The manager trusts him enough to be given that role (even though we are not in the best of form) and there are still games where he can be influential.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:57 am

Quality posts Prezike.

He has been in poor form recently but I do think he has something to offer us this season if he's used properly.

I do believe this is his last season with us .
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am

Agree with Prezike 100%. Every team has it's own 'ethos' and Yaya forms a huge part of that. He's not playing at the heights of his former self at the moment, but also not shit as some people make out. Crazy how some people can speak about a player that we are so lucky as a club to have. Every time people have doubted Yaya, he has proven them wrong, and I think right now will prove no exception
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Yaya recently...

Postby phips » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:44 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:glad you started a new thread for this...

hey. its well within his rights to start a new thread. a pre-exisintg thread shouldn't be dug up as it confuses posters. they begin reading from the first post and get halfway down the page before they realize that its an old post.

I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:28 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I think he would cease being a positive influence if dropped to the bench or if we started subbing him regular. His agent would soon start blabbing about him feeling unloved / after what he's done for the club etc.

For me he's certainly done as the first name on the team sheet and needs to learn that he must give his all. Be it by benching him or subbing him early he had to up his game and not just turn it on when he feels like it. That being said at times yesterday he showed us what he's capable of but there needs to be more consistency in this.

Cannot fault what he has done for us and would hate to see him be losing that love from the fans but something needs to change.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:39 am

It's a shame pellers doesn't have the balls to sell or drop him. He should he uses as an impact sub only if we are going to keep.

Yaya wouldn't have that though and would probably cry. #subgate
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:42 am

What is the score with this contract. I read all the time it's in his contract to start every game if fit. How do people know this and us there any truth in it?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:03 pm

phips wrote:

hey. its well within his rights to start a new thread. a pre-exisintg thread shouldn't be dug up as it confuses posters. they begin reading from the first post and get halfway down the page before they realize that its an old post.

There are so many dickheads on this board these days.
Original Dub

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:
phips wrote:

There are so many dickheads on this board these days.

Another year older, another year wiser. Happy birthday for yesterday man!

Phips! We need more threads searching from years ago. All new thread creators should be shot.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Its generally agreed that his influence is waning, but he still has a lot to offer and should not be sold.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tim777 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:03 pm

This is a tough one.

Yes, he still has influence on and off the pitch, and he has contributed immensely over the years, but it's time he (and his agent) accept that we cannot thrive on reputation alone, and if he is subbed on occasion it's for the good of the club.
Yaya can still contribute, but it's up to him really to keep bringing what he has been bringing to the team - working on his weight for example is a good start, clearly he's carrying a load around with him.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum