***city v soton official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v soton official match thread***

Postby bigblue » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Yaya is a leader in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Genuine question, when was the last time Yaya lead by example?

When we beat Norwich with a last minute penalty? I'm not saying he had a great game Mase, but I knew he would score. He is great in the big moments.

I don't mean scored an important goal mate. I mean literally led by example like a Vieira or Keane and although he might not have had a fantastic match he kept everything ticking and you could see other players following him. That's what we've come to expect and it hasn't happened in a long time.

Don't be thick on purpose. He's done it countless times over the years and almost always steps up when a trophy is on the line.

Recently, how about our best performance of the year vs Sevilla a few weeks ago? Or how about beating Chelsea earlier this season?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 pm

kept an eye on yaya and he was just plain lazy and woeful with the ball, he got carried hard today.

delph and ferd looked great together.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby TGR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:26 pm

A win is a win and three points is three points.

However darlings without trying to sound like Craig Revel Horwood on Strictly Come Dancing...

A regulation win over a mid table side at home - nothing to write home about.
We yet again failed to keep a clean sheet.
Our defence collectively craps itself every single time a ball is crossed into the box and is highly vulnerable.
Our Audrey Roberts look-a-like of a manger Mr Grey hasn't got the balls to drop Yaya or even sub him at anytime - ever.
Bony once again demonstrably proved that you can't polish a turd even if the turd cost £28,000,000.
Delph impressed.
Silva coming back was a high point.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:27 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

When we beat Norwich with a last minute penalty? I'm not saying he had a great game Mase, but I knew he would score. He is great in the big moments.

I don't mean scored an important goal mate. I mean literally led by example like a Vieira or Keane and although he might not have had a fantastic match he kept everything ticking and you could see other players following him. That's what we've come to expect and it hasn't happened in a long time.

Don't be thick on purpose. He's done it countless times over the years and almost always steps up when a trophy is on the line.

Recently, how about our best performance of the year vs Sevilla a few weeks ago? Or how about beating Chelsea earlier this season?

Mate, if you're going to get personal we can do it outside of the board and in real life. Don't act big on here when people are having a normal discussion you fuckin moron.

He's done it countless times over the years - yes I agree, who said he hasn't? Was he stand out against Sevilla or Chelsea, no he wasn't. He was good. But you'd expect him to be good because he's Yaya fuckin Toure. He hasn't led the team and had a stand out performance for a while. So people are right to ask why; which is what I've done in my earlier post.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:29 pm

TGR wrote:A win is a win and three points is three points.

However darlings without trying to sound like Craig Revel Horwood on Strictly Come Dancing...

Our defence collectively craps itself every single time a ball is crossed into the box and is highly vulnerable.
Our Audrey Roberts look-a-like of a manger Mr Grey hasn't got the balls to drop Yaya or even sub him at anytime - ever.
Bony once again demonstrably proved that you can't polish a turd even if the turd cost £28,000,000.
Delph impressed.

At £25m Bony has yet to settle but at least we didn't spend £60m on DiMaria like those fucking idiots at the swamp.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby bigblue » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Mase wrote:
Mate, if you're going to get personal we can do it outside of the board and in real life. Don't act big on here when people are having a normal discussion you fuckin moron.

He's done it countless times over the years - yes I agree, who said he hasn't? Was he stand out against Sevilla or Chelsea, no he wasn't. He was good. But you'd expect him to be good because he's Yaya fuckin Toure. He hasn't led the team and had a stand out performance for a while. So people are right to ask why; which is what I've done in my earlier post.

Don't know what you're on about me "getting personal"and acting big. You're the one talking about "do it outside of the board and in real life" ya fackin psycho.

I think he does lead the team. Maybe not with as many 90 yard runs or 30 yard goals, but he's definitely organizing people round him and controlling the pace of almost all our attacks. We look a mess without him in the middle, just as much as we look out of ideas up top without Dave.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

I can't think of one this season. Maybe his days of doing that (e.g. away at Neecastle when we won the league) are over or maybe he is just not in great form at the mo. We have played about 21 games already this season and with all the injuries he is playing 3 times a week. We may get the best out of him by keeping him fresh. I find it hard to lose any faith in him as he's the best player I have ever seen. If he played for Utd or Arsenal I believe he would have a greater reputation than Vieta and Keane.
South Stand Balti

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Mase just basically said chat shit get banged. What a time to be alive.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:49 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Mase just basically said chat shit get banged. What a time to be alive.

Haha brilliant! I'm a pikey as well like Vardy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:51 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

I can't think of one this season. Maybe his days of doing that (e.g. away at Neecastle when we won the league) are over or maybe he is just not in great form at the mo. We have played about 21 games already this season and with all the injuries he is playing 3 times a week. We may get the best out of him by keeping him fresh. I find it hard to lose any faith in him as he's the best player I have ever seen. If he played for Utd or Arsenal I believe he would have a greater reputation than Vieta and Keane.

I can't think of one this season either. The Newcastle one away in 2012 that you mention is a perfect example. Yaya is absolutely quality. I've said before he's easily one of the best players I've seen pull on a City shirt. So you do notice it when he's not working hard or isn't at his best. I'd love nothing more than for him to go the rest of the season absolutely smashing it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Top of the league ................................. again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Kun says he is fit to play tomorrow.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Delph impressed.

You fucking miserable cunt, after a 3-1 win? And who the fuck is this Craig cuntbag scumcunt?

Crazy bastard, stick to your first love, as it ain't football.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:33 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:So the advantage rule now means taht a team gets two chances to attack or what?

I said that last week. it's turned in to a rugby advantage. I'm guessing this is just against City though and no other team?

I've seen it in two games vs city now. Disgusting.

I have never seen advantage play go as long as did against Liverpool and twice today. Do we now have rules just against City
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby TGR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Delph impressed.

You fucking miserable cunt, after a 3-1 win? And who the fuck is this Craig cuntbag scumcunt?

Crazy bastard, stick to your first love, as it ain't football.

Fab-U-lous darling!
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Havent read the whole thread but I am sure that's a good thing. On Yaya I was very surprised he stayed on for 90 minutes today. Played ok for a while and like the team looked up for it but it didn't last. A few times today he went down looking for the ref to bail him out and it was a little embarrassing. I think Pellers would have taken him off if there were not 2 other players coming back from injury and never likley to do the full 90.

Yaya has been great for us but not great at the moment and I hope Pellers knows how to use him.Today was ok as he didn't really have a key defensive role but his lethargy still caused us problems as the 2nd half wore on and Soton looked increasingly dangerous.

Overall delighted with the points but we didn't play great did we. good start with good energy and seemed to force Soton into errors and not least for the first goal where Sterling was excellent. kun looked a little sharper but he must try to avoid inviting tackles as he does some times as it is bound to lead to an injury.

KDB excellent most of the time and the more we can get the ball to him the better. He sees passes and can execute them and of course will score goals. Sterling still work in progress.Some good movement, great assist today but too many mess ups along the way. I liked the 2 in midfield, full backs ok today and Willie at least made that crucial save at 2.1 although I though he should have taken the cross for their goal.

How good was it to see Silva back on the field even if he did look very tentative.

As for the referee I though he was 100% shite
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ray78 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:57 pm

The officials gifted Southampton a way back into the game.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Good post and 100% on the ref
What a complete knob. Hope at some point one of the pundits clarify the new advantage rule that came into place just before the Liverpool game.
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Havent read the whole thread but I am sure that's a good thing. On Yaya I was very surprised he stayed on for 90 minutes today. Played ok for a while and like the team looked up for it but it didn't last. A few times today he went down looking for the ref to bail him out and it was a little embarrassing. I think Pellers would have taken him off if there were not 2 other players coming back from injury and never likley to do the full 90.

Yaya has been great for us but not great at the moment and I hope Pellers knows how to use him.Today was ok as he didn't really have a key defensive role but his lethargy still caused us problems as the 2nd half wore on and Soton looked increasingly dangerous.

Overall delighted with the points but we didn't play great did we. good start with good energy and seemed to force Soton into errors and not least for the first goal where Sterling was excellent. kun looked a little sharper but he must try to avoid inviting tackles as he does some times as it is bound to lead to an injury.

KDB excellent most of the time and the more we can get the ball to him the better. He sees passes and can execute them and of course will score goals. Sterling still work in progress.Some good movement, great assist today but too many mess ups along the way. I liked the 2 in midfield, full backs ok today and Willie at least made that crucial save at 2.1 although I though he should have taken the cross for their goal.

How good was it to see Silva back on the field even if he did look very tentative.

I agree with you in the majority mate but still thought, in part,that we played well. It was more of a PL win rather than a Barca like take them apart. As fans we tend to think back to past times, either way, and lately we've been on the back foot.

We had a lot of talk where the Saints had our card, we proved them wrong and battled for a change.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Havent read the whole thread but I am sure that's a good thing. On Yaya I was very surprised he stayed on for 90 minutes today. Played ok for a while and like the team looked up for it but it didn't last. A few times today he went down looking for the ref to bail him out and it was a little embarrassing. I think Pellers would have taken him off if there were not 2 other players coming back from injury and never likley to do the full 90.

Excellent post Doug. It's the first away defeat for the Saints so they were always going to have a say in the game. I thought we showed some character when needed.
South Stand Balti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum