***city v soton official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v soton official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
How many times has Yaya been directly responsible for play breaking down?

How many times has he taken play backwards only to lose the ball by dwelling on it?

How many times has he done that fucking hospital pass chip to put other players under pressure?

How many times has(and this is a new one) his first touch been so god awful he's lost the ball?

There is no fucking way he's had a good game or even an average game.

Agree with all of this and would add the question:

how many times has he slowed down our attack and then doing something of the above?

how many times has he proved unable to handle that the opposition forward comes running at him?

And it's not just this game. Last season he was defensively inept. This season he's continued that trend but he's providing less and less going forward. You could argue that Raheem and De Bruyne gives the ball away a lot as well, the difference being they mostly do it up the pitch and not in the middle of it. I also don't think Yaya is not trying, I think that he's not capable of doing more than he's doing at the moment.

Problem is our play is built around Yaya and we have no other deep lying option that can dictate tempo like he does. And I think a Yaya pissed from not playing as much anymore is poison for the dressing room.

MISERABLE FUCKER.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Me, Yaya, you or all of us?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Me, Yaya, you or all of us?

Im taking the piss mate,.,,,,the fuckign spastic who had a rant at my analysis of YAYA thinks YAYA is beyond criticism.Now most of us agree, hes gone into hiding.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Im taking the piss mate,.,,,,the fuckign spastic who had a rant at my analysis of YAYA thinks YAYA is beyond criticism.Now most of us agree, hes gone into hiding.

In hindsight, this summer should probably have been the time to cash in on him. I remember a time when he, Barry and De Jong crushed opposition midfields just by showing up, and not only by stifling the oppo but also by being impossible to nick the ball of. Now it feels like anyone can challange Yaya and get away with it. It didn't use to happen. It's obvious he's either injured, not in the right mindset or just too old.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Kevin. Amazing stat. 14 games. 7 goals 8 assists.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:10 pm

I'd go along with that.
We were comfortable at 2-0 and really should have managed the game easily, but we made very hard work of it.
It wasn't a great performance despite the 3-1.
Southampton were architects of their own misfortune. We have players that are capable of punishing them even when the team is not at it's best. But, all the sloppiness and indecision was still evident. And I really do think Yaya needs to lose a stone which he never will. He could get away with it in years gone by, but now it is affecting all aspects of his game.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

In hindsight, this summer should probably have been the time to cash in on him. I remember a time when he, Barry and De Jong crushed opposition midfields just by showing up, and not only by stifling the oppo but also by being impossible to nick the ball of. Now it feels like anyone can challange Yaya and get away with it. It didn't use to happen. It's obvious he's either injured, not in the right mindset or just too old.

Too old mate, those flicks of his come off once every so often but when they don't we are under the cosh.His first time touch is like a shot and I feel sorry for the player that has to control it.

He was unbelievably greedy today...thankfully we scored a 3rd otherwise it could have gone either way.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Don't forget the top of the table clash between Leicester and the Rags, as Carragher has just reminded me of. Leicester are still top, apparently.

Brilliant that the commentary team are digging LvG out. RatBoy tells us that he's surprised and somewhat astonished at Buttheads selection, now Schmeichel is doing the same, telling us that because of the working class supporters, LvG should be offering more.

Looks like the Gas of '92 are trying to take over the running of the Rags, even Scholes ihas been piling in on their manager. Did you ever hear him speak before?

Anyway, off to the 'Other Games' thread for a bit of fest slagging the Rags; win or lose.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:17 pm

How did Delph get on?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:19 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'd go along with that.
We were comfortable at 2-0 and really should have managed the game easily, but we made very hard work of it.
It wasn't a great performance despite the 3-1.
Southampton were architects of their own misfortune. We have players that are capable of punishing them even when the team is not at it's best. But, all the sloppiness and indecision was still evident. And I really do think Yaya needs to lose a stone which he never will. He could get away with it in years gone by, but now it is affecting all aspects of his game.

Maybe his brother could recommend some diet pills?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Mase wrote:How did Delph get on?

He was superb, as was your boy today.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Pellegrini says Aguero had a kick on the heel. Nothing important he says! Don't suppose he'll start against Hull but hopefully doesn't need to.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:31 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini says Aguero had a kick on the heel. Nothing important he says! Don't suppose he'll start against Hull but hopefully doesn't need to.

Great news.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:32 pm

time yaya was a sub, he slows the play down more often then not. he should of passed to other players in a better area but went for the glory, we need to get the ball forward as quick as we can, but if yaya gets the ball, he passes to the side or back and loses the ball more often then not. he needs to be a sub
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:time yaya was a sub, he slows the play down more often then not. he should of passed to other players in a better area but went for the glory, we need to get the ball forward as quick as we can, but if yaya gets the ball, he passes to the side or back and loses the ball more often then not. he needs to be a sub

I swear in some games he is padding his passing stats - he hits the ball back immediately to the person trying to pass it to him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Just had a quick flick through and was a bit surprised at the reaction to Yaya. I thought he was quite dangerous today. I thought I would check as my eyes are going a bit wonky and he was given a 7 by the MEN for today. Delph and KDB looking good and I thought daft Martin was pretty assured. He had the odd moment but had a good game overall.
South Stand Balti

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Don't forget Willy's great save at 2-1. Credit it here it's due. To be honest we had an unnecessary wobbly patch at the beginning of the second half. We really need to cut that out.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 pm

blues2win wrote:Don't forget Willy's great save at 2-1. Credit it here it's due. To be honest we had an unnecessary wobbly patch at the beginning of the second half. We really need to cut that out.

I only managed to catch the last half hour - Big Willy looked solid in that time though, got down well (Hart-style) for a low one handed dive, came out quickly when needed, and was quick to react to stop a semi long shot out of nothing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Slim wrote:
Mase wrote:How did Delph get on?

He was superb, as was your boy today.

Nice one. Big fan of Delph and I hope he can keep himself fit now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:40 pm

blues2win wrote:Don't forget Willy's great save at 2-1. Credit it here it's due. To be honest we had an unnecessary wobbly patch at the beginning of the second half. We really need to cut that out.

Yes he played a vital part Willy. He made a good save from Wanyama (I think) in the first half too. I thought the wobble started just before half time which encouraged them but we stuck at it well......good sign.
South Stand Balti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum