Guardiola & Messi to City next Season.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guardiola & Messi to City next Season.

Postby ant london » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:52 am

nottsblue wrote:Interesting the media abroad are reporting he is coming to City yet the media here are claiming he wants to go to the rags.

Jealousy and shit stirring on the part of our media or an element of truth?

shit all chance of him going to the munes - just isn't going to happen.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:55 am

ant london wrote:
shit all chance of him going to the munes - just isn't going to happen.

Exactly, even Guardiola's agent doesn't know where he wants to go next season. Its all silly and pointless to keep guessing and be disappointed if it doesnt happen.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gaudy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:59 am

For the first time in my small footballing life I have the feeling Messi will move. Call it a gut feeling but I think there has been too many issues lately re : his tax and the like, added to the fact that Neymar and Suarez are the an unstoppable combination that barca may feel they can do without (I know, I know) and cash in on him.

Will it be to us? I'm not sure ....I'll get back to Ye on that one
gaudy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 am

If Guardiola comes to us, watch his stock fall in the English media.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby TGR » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:26 pm

The media are insistent that Pep wants to go to the rags as they still refuse to believe or accept that we are now at a status where we can attract one of the biggest name managers in the world. They will believe it when he arrives at the Etihad next June. If Pep wanted to go to the rags he would sign a one year extension to his current contract at Bayern and join them when Van Gall's contract finishes in 2017. He hasn't done that and will not do that for a reason. The reason is he already agreed to join us.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm

blue scooter wrote:when I see him in a city shirt I will believe it until then if you believed everything you see in the media as true then were afer everyone ???????

!00% agree but its also good to wind up rags and scousers, my word they get hot under the collar about this stuff hahaha
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:50 pm

He will sign for us for some ridiculous fee just in time for him to spend the next 18 months in jail for tax fraud !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Both the media and scum fans believe 100% that he will go to them "if they let him" lol, after all, according to them it's the next step to finishing off his CV.
Now I'm not sure even he knows yet where he will end up but one thing is for sure and that the fact that we aren't so much a project anymore as a genuine threat that is in need of a small amount of tinkering to really get firing on cylinders
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bayblue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:39 pm

I'd be delighted if he comes but have a feeling that it would only be the beginning of the drama.

He's not exactly been settled at either of the clubs he's been at. At Bayern there's been noise for two years and even though he was at Barca for four years then if memory serves me there were constant rumours about his departure, even before his announced sabbatical.

This doesn't mean I'd not welcome him gladly but I think in 18 months time the conversations on here will be about whether he stays, where he goes next, and who will replace him
bayblue

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Lee_R » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm

With this China deal a bid for Messi would make sense. Whatever we pay for him we'd make the majority back and the City brand would be further enhanced.. Great all round!
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Lee_R wrote:With this China deal a bid for Messi would make sense. Whatever we pay for him we'd make the majority back and the City brand would be further enhanced.. Great all round!

Yeah, and when we start a team in the Chinese league Messi could finally play against people his own size
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:51 pm

The likelihood of a Messi or a Guardiola joining us has just increased with the news today. No doubt about that. We have to be the one of the best run clubs there is, if not the best. The future for the rest is frightening
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:33 pm

bigblue wrote:
Lee_R wrote:With this China deal a bid for Messi would make sense. Whatever we pay for him we'd make the majority back and the City brand would be further enhanced.. Great all round!

Yeah, and when we start a team in the Chinese league Messi could finally play against people his own size

Strange that really eh ? Messi comes over as a right little short arse on TV. Be good to see him in the flesh.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:12 am

Just imagine the commentary when Messi scores his first for us on his debut..... that's what 200 mill gets ya....ohhhh can't wait
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:16 am

sheblue wrote:Just imagine the commentary when Messi scores his first for us on his debut..... that's what 200 mill gets ya....ohhhh can't wait

i doubt it. sky/bt will be on their knees with our massive dick in their mouths because lionel in the premier league will send their ratings through the roof. the written press will be a different story because they will still be playing to the old guard.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Well with the financial deal announced yesterday if Pep and Messi are ever to join us the time is very soon surely ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 pm

City64 wrote:Well with the financial deal announced yesterday if Pep and Messi are ever to join us the time is very soon surely ?

It's a tricky one. Obviously as the papers say the purpose of the deal is not to get cash as such, it's a long term thing - although many of our 'long term things' are already coming to pass.

BUT we now have 250M cash in CFG, which is obviously going to be used for something, otherwise it can easily go into the Sheik's piggy bank.. New club(s)? New infrastructure inc 4th tier? Higher wages IE Messi?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Wonderwall, can you please ban this gobshite from the site? If he wants to engage in debate then I'm all for him sticking around but he obviously is just here to troll so why is he still allowed continue?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Wonderwall, can you please ban this gobshite from the site? If he wants to engage in debate then I'm all for him sticking around but he obviously is just here to troll so why is he still allowed continue?

I am all for giving opposition fans a chance but you have a valid point. He has become tiresome. His posts will also disappear
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Wonderwall, can you please ban this gobshite from the site? If he wants to engage in debate then I'm all for him sticking around but he obviously is just here to troll so why is he still allowed continue?

all posts gone now too, however, it now looks like you want John St Austell banned LOL
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum