Guardiola & Messi to City next Season.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guardiola & Messi to City next Season.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Is he fuckign here yet ? for fucks sake !!

And he better bring a broom with him to clear out some of the lazy fuckign bastards we have on our pay roll.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Is he fuckign here yet ? for fucks sake !!

And he better bring a broom with him to clear out some of the lazy fuckign bastards we have on our pay roll.

And A Happy New Year !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Ed Woodward apparently having a meeting now about Van Gaal's future. I suppose Mourinho is the likely successor because Guardiola isn't available at the moment. The alternative would be to put in Giggs till the end of the season and see how he does. That would be crazy because Mourinho might be snapped up by Real or PSG. I've no doubt the real competition for Guardiola is Chelsea. I just hope we have a gentleman's agreement with Pep which I think he would honour. Another season with Pellegrini, having lost out on Pep, would be too horrible to contemplate.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:59 pm

If we did lose out on Pep i I wouldn't mind if we got the guy from Atlitco Madrid . Or Fat Sam :)
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ray78 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:42 pm

This isn't a wind up but If Pep doesn't take charge in the summer, then despite the piss and vinegar from us supporters towards Pellegrini he would be still in charge for one more season. Wenger has had the same amount from their supporter base and he is still manager of Arsenal. Pellegrini is still on target what our board expects from him.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:15 pm

Ray78 wrote:This isn't a wind up but If Pep doesn't take charge in the summer, then despite the piss and vinegar from us supporters towards Pellegrini he would be still in charge for one more season. Wenger has had the same amount from their supporter base and he is still manager of Arsenal. Pellegrini is still on target what our board expects from him.

I don't get too excited about things until they happen, and even then there is no certainty. Look at LVG for e.g. However, I don't see how MP is on track. We have been gradually getting worse as the team has gradually changed during his reign. I don't know if he is responsible for recruitment but Mangala, Fernando and Sterling - not far from £100m spent there. Bony and Otter yet to sparkle too etc. I've seen enough this season to know we won't be winning much again this time round. I thought MPs selection and team set up was ok last night. We lost narrowly last night. But the team selection at Stoke and the dippers was enough to suggest he is not the sharpest tool when it comes to team selection. In short, we simply aren't good enough and we are not as good as the team he inherited.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ray78 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:26 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ray78 wrote:This isn't a wind up but If Pep doesn't take charge in the summer, then despite the piss and vinegar from us supporters towards Pellegrini he would be still in charge for one more season. Wenger has had the same amount from their supporter base and he is still manager of Arsenal. Pellegrini is still on target what our board expects from him.

I don't get too excited about things until they happen, and even then there is no certainty. Look at LVG for e.g. However, I don't see how MP is on track. We have been gradually getting worse as the team has gradually changed during his reign. I don't know if he is responsible for recruitment but Mangala, Fernando and Sterling - not far from £100m spent there. Bony and Otter yet to sparkle too etc. I've seen enough this season to know we won't be winning much again this time round. I thought MPs selection and team set up was ok last night. We lost narrowly last night. But the team selection at Stoke and the dippers was enough to suggest he is not the sharpest tool when it comes to team selection. In short, we simply aren't good enough and we are not as good as the team he inherited.

Basic requirement is a top 3 finish with us getting out of the groups of the Champions League. Depending on who we would get in the last 16 of the Champions League we are expected, depending on us avoiding the usual suspects (which we have done for now) to get beyond that. As for winning trophies there is a dose of realism coming from our board on that front and will take the injuries to our key players into consideration despite what we have spent in the summer. We are still in the semi final of the CoC (better than last year), and despite us being 6 points off the leaders it isn't beyond our current squad's capabilities
Ray78

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Until the board change the manager I'm still 99% behind our current one. I reserve the 1% to slag him off when he makes stupid sub's or plays shit tactics.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 pm

I honestly think we will be strung along with pep. These foreign cunts are obsessed with London, without realising it is a shit hole.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Ray78 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:08 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:I honestly think we will be strung along with pep. These foreign cunts are obsessed with London, without realising it is a shit hole.

Guardiola will be honest with his decision.
Ray78

Postby PrezIke » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:01 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:I'd get Mou.
Seriously.

When Pep comes here
1) He will never have managed in England
2) @ Barca & Bayern he inherited established teams ; here he will need to maybe not totally rebuild, but at least overhaul

When Mou walks through the door , he will win.
When he implodes after 3-4 seasons ; Paddy.

1) Can you explain Pellegrini's first season based upon this logic then, or why when Pep never managed in Germany and won all but the CL (going to the final) in his first season there, speaking barely any German even.

2) Barca was in transition when he arrived, and were not at the level they became under him. The way people think of that club today is not the same as when he arrived. They were one of the larger group of top clubs of that era, some of whom are no longer in that echelon (AC Milan, Inter, Roma, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal etc.) and others just below where the gap was not considered as great.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:04 pm

We strengthened considerably in the summer and now we look worse!! Like we lost 4 players!! It's damming.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:53 pm

According to Kicker, Guardiola is our new manager.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... -city.html
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum