***juve v city official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***juve v city official cl match thread***

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:28 am

Its all this pass pass pass what pisses me off. We had over 600 passes and they had just over 400 and who looked the better team. We need to sort it out quickly and move the ball faster and stop going side to side and then back.
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:37 am

stevefromdonny wrote:Its all this pass pass pass what pisses me off. We had over 600 passes and they had just over 400 and who looked the better team. We need to sort it out quickly and move the ball faster and stop going side to side and then back.

We do have a tendency to overegg it at times but that pass statistic can easily be explained by one team probing trying to find an equaliser while the other sat deep and countered. Who looked the better team? They edged it but I'd expect nothing less from Juve on their own patch.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bayblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:53 am

stevefromdonny wrote:Its all this pass pass pass what pisses me off. We had over 600 passes and they had just over 400 and who looked the better team. We need to sort it out quickly and move the ball faster and stop going side to side and then back.

There were times we moved it with real pace and when we do that we can open teams up. As the previous guy said though they defended deep and narrow so we were trying to get the ball quickly to the other flank to get down there. I don't think we did too badly but neither full back is able to get forward down the flank or into the box in the way Zaba did at his very best. I'm not close to how the young full backs are doing but we need some more youthful legs and attacking verve in those positions soon
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:34 am

We are nothing without Silva.

End of.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:57 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We are nothing without Silva.

End of.

top marks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:12 pm

A terrible indictment of Pellegrini is the fact, this is now his third season with us. Yet any injury to Aguero,Silva,Kompany, and the wheels literally come off. He has not really improved our team. In my opinion he has stolen a living off the back of Mancini signings. not sure who is fully responsible for signings like Fernando or Mangala, But fuck me they need sacking for that alone.

It is also starting to irk me big time, continuously watching KDB playing out of position. We bought him for his play-maker performances, then we promptly play him as a winger week in week out. I know why this is, it is because Pellegrini has to make a place in the side for Ya Ya, he cant afford not to have holding midfielders to make up for Ya Ya none performances so he pushes KDB out wide to compensate for this.

I also think our slow ponderous football is encouraging our players to be lazy. We pointlessly pass the ball across the pitch for large periods of most games. Ya Ya walking pace is pretty much the team pace collectively now. Opposition teams just sit back wait for us to lose the ball and break at speed. Only half our side even bothers tracking back. We are gifting lots of chances to the opposition by not defending properly. We had good chances last night, we should have easily converted. Juventus could argue they could have scored 3 or 4 also. This is happening nearly every game

It is not that i don't like Pellegrini, he is a nice bloke. We just don't look like a team, we don't play like a team. We go in to games looking for a moment of inspiration from a player like Silva to change the game. We look like a team of individuals there's no cohesion. His first season with us he won the league off the back of Mancini well drilled defensive unit, and Gerrads slip. Since then it has all gone steadily down hill. Our defense is shocking, we look clueless defending. If that is not bad enough Pellegrini continuously extenuates all our problems with injuries, defensive problems by picking teams that expose all these frailties .Why not play to our strengths. There is never any versatility on his part. We play one way and one way only. I dread to think what Barcelona, Bayern, would do to us in the next round. We are light years away from where we want to be in Europe. Mark Hughes ended up at Stoke. I couldn't see Stockport County employing Pellegrini.

If Guardiolla is coming next season, then what ever happens this season will be a bonus, (besides dropping out of top 4), Short term pain, for long term gain. It makes sense in that respect not to inflict upheaval on us. Here is my problem though ,what if Guardiolla is not coming ?if that is the case then i don't think we should be carrying on right now as we are, rudderless heading for the rocks. I know some will say i am chatting shit we are still in 4 competitions. Yes maybe for now. The secret is knowing when to act and get it right. Big clubs don't wait until their season implodes fully and becomes a car crash. The writing is on the wall for us under Pellegrini as sure as day. We need Guardiola next season to make what ever happens this season worth it.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:34 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:A terrible indictment of Pellegrini is the fact, this is now his third season with us. Yet any injury to Aguero,Silva,Kompany, and the wheels literally come off. He has not really improved our team. In my opinion he has stolen a living off the back of Mancini signings. not sure who is fully responsible for signings like Fernando or Mangala, But fuck me they need sacking for that alone.

It is also starting to irk me big time, continuously watching KDB playing out of position. We bought him for his play-maker performances, then we promptly play him as a winger week in week out. I know why this is, it is because Pellegrini has to make a place in the side for Ya Ya, he cant afford not to have holding midfielders to make up for Ya Ya none performances so he pushes KDB out wide to compensate for this.

I also think our slow ponderous football is encouraging our players to be lazy. We pointlessly pass the ball across the pitch for large periods of most games. Ya Ya walking pace is pretty much the team pace collectively now. Opposition teams just sit back wait for us to lose the ball and break at speed. Only half our side even bothers tracking back. We are gifting lots of chances to the opposition by not defending properly. We had good chances last night, we should have easily converted. Juventus could argue they could have scored 3 or 4 also. This is happening nearly every game

It is not that i don't like Pellegrini, he is a nice bloke. We just don't look like a team, we don't play like a team. We go in to games looking for a moment of inspiration from a player like Silva to change the game. We look like a team of individuals there's no cohesion. His first season with us he won the league off the back of Mancini well drilled defensive unit, and Gerrads slip. Since then it has all gone steadily down hill. Our defense is shocking, we look clueless defending. If that is not bad enough Pellegrini continuously extenuates all our problems with injuries, defensive problems by picking teams that expose all these frailties .Why not play to our strengths. There is never any versatility on his part. We play one way and one way only. I dread to think what Barcelona, Bayern, would do to us in the next round. We are light years away from where we want to be in Europe. Mark Hughes ended up at Stoke. I couldn't see Stockport County employing Pellegrini.

If Guardiolla is coming next season, then what ever happens this season will be a bonus, (besides dropping out of top 4), Short term pain, for long term gain. It makes sense in that respect not to inflict upheaval on us. Here is my problem though ,what if Guardiolla is not coming ?if that is the case then i don't think we should be carrying on right now as we are, rudderless heading for the rocks. I know some will say i am chatting shit we are still in 4 competitions. Yes maybe for now. The secret is knowing when to act and get it right. Big clubs don't wait until their season implodes fully and becomes a car crash. The writing is on the wall for us under Pellegrini as sure as day. We need Guardiola next season to make what ever happens this season worth it.

You're chatting shit. Well you're making some decent points but you're packing it out with shit, some outrageous shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:A terrible indictment of Pellegrini is the fact, this is now his third season with us. Yet any injury to Aguero,Silva,Kompany, and the wheels literally come off. He has not really improved our team. In my opinion he has stolen a living off the back of Mancini signings. not sure who is fully responsible for signings like Fernando or Mangala, But fuck me they need sacking for that alone.

You're chatting shit. Well you're making some decent points but you're packing it out with shit, some outrageous shit.

It's called being passionate about your team.

Whilst some passionate points cloud over the reality , there is also a lots of truths in what he says.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

It's called being passionate about your team.

Whilst some passionate points cloud over the reality , there is also a lots of truths in what he says.

Like I said, some decent points packed out with shit.

"the wheels literally come off" is like something you'd hear from Jamie Redknapp.

Sacking for getting a couple of signings wrong ( in his opinion ), fuck if every club did that nobody would keep their job for longer than a year.

We don't play KDB as a winger, he plays wide, a position he played for Wolfsburg on numerous occasions, a position he also plays for his national side.

Pellegrini introduced his own defensive system when he came so to say he won the title off the back of Mancini's well drilled defence again is just nonsense.

"Gerard's slip" a league is won over 38 games not one moment.

He couldn't Stockport employing the manager with the best win percentage the PL has seen? Come on!

"big clubs know when to act" what like the rags with Moyes or Chelsea this season?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Outalandish shit still being posted...

Fuck of with the Gerard slip. It's tiresome, media bollox that simply replaced the "United threw it away" horseshit the previous time WE WON THE TITLE.

I'll say it again WE WON THE TITLE. If in your mind, our achievements are somehow belittled by that, then fine. But keep it there, in your mind, because the rest of us who appreciate these achievements that we never thought we would see don't need to have this propoganda bullshit shoved in our faces on our own forum.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:43 pm

All to cosy to me, I might be wrong but comfort zone, I think we are very good but drift along, the effort I see from Leicester compared to us is there to see. They are maxing it every game, ok they will blow up, but are we seeing 100%. All my mates see a tough Saturday coming and Stoke, well no Joe could be stressful.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:A terrible indictment of Pellegrini is the fact, this is now his third season with us. Yet any injury to Aguero,Silva,Kompany, and the wheels literally come off.

What team in world football loses it's entire spine and doesn't basically struggle to achieve?

I mean...it's laughable.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:A terrible indictment of Pellegrini is the fact, this is now his third season with us. Yet any injury to Aguero,Silva,Kompany, and the wheels literally come off.

What team in world football loses it's entire spine and doesn't basically struggle to achieve?

I mean...it's laughable.

cheers

We have come miles, we should have had at least a draw. Injuries are making life harder for us, but hey ho get on with it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:32 pm

6-7 senior players injured is a major handicap, that situation would fuck up all teams, no matter who they are.
However the performances of those who are actually fit and on the field, haven't been great of late. What is the excuse for that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:44 pm

sheblue wrote:6-7 senior players injured is a major handicap, that situation would fuck up all teams, no matter who they are.
However the performances of those who are actually fit and on the field, haven't been great of late. What is the excuse for that.

Liverpool went for us we folded, Pellergrini has to get his players at it in a shape that suits the players.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:20 pm

As Doomie has said, we have lost the spine of our team for most of the season so far. This is a major contributing factor to our present predicament, but I have to say, apart from the emotive drama that Zabbadabba-whatever attaches to his analysis, I largely agree with his summation of our current problems.

I do however still have faith that a fully fit squad, would see us through in style.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

I mean...it's laughable.

cheers

What team spends over £400 on a squad that can't cope when a couple of players are out.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby bigblue » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:14 am

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I mean...it's laughable.

cheers

What team spends over £400 on a squad that can't cope when a couple of players are out.

Many lower league/Sunday league teams I imagine. What's it cost for uniforms, travel, and a few rounds after each game for a whole season... Well more than £400
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby The Maine Man » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:24 am

What I'm taking from this is that we need to start shopping for a Yaya replacement, or at least a genuine box to box midfielder and a couple of skilful full backs with the pace and energy to attack and track back all day long. A big ask, not many players like that available, but that would transform us.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:37 am

bigblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I mean...it's laughable.

cheers

Many lower league/Sunday league teams I imagine. What's it cost for uniforms, travel, and a few rounds after each game for a whole season... Well more than £400

Haha funny fucker. Where did I leave that M?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum