***juve v city official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***juve v city official cl match thread***

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:57 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Performance was a bit better, 1-0 defeat is progress after Saturday abomination.

These defeats every other week now, are making me nostalgic.

The Engineer has engineered us 2 costly defeats on the bounce, and a possible meeting with Bayern ,Read Madrid ,Barcelona in the next round. Engineer my arse pffffffffffft.

and to think we got rid of Roberto for this.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby TGR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:01 pm

zuricity wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Performance was a bit better, 1-0 defeat is progress after Saturday abomination.

The Engineer has engineered us 2 costly defeats on the bounce, and a possible meeting with Bayern ,Read Madrid ,Barcelona in the next round. Engineer my arse pffffffffffft.

and to think we got rid of Roberto for this.

It's 'Holistic' fella.
Very 'Holistic'.
Roberto wasn't 'Holistic'.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

BrianF wrote:Our style of play never changes week in week out and most of the better teams have sussed us out. If we don't get on top early on we're usually fooked!

I agree with you mate, very much. Pellers has stated on numerous occasions that he won't change his approach and sometimes it bites us on the arse. However, we can't complain too much as when it comes off it is glorious. Though the media don't give us the credit we deserve, when we play well we really do take your breath away.

Can I just had that the Darts Bloke/McPointalot commentary was probably the best I've heard in the CL. There seemed to be no agenda and they actually called the game as it went.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cant really complain, a good showing tonight. Chances either way and with a bit more quality infront of goal we could have took it.

Still, we're through. Bring on Barca ........................ again!

True, as slow as our play has been, fern and Raheem missed sitters from a few yards out

I think the stats will back up how we all seen the game. We were more like the home side, winning the possession and having plenty of chances but not having the quality when it counted.

We decided not to fulfil the striking compliment we had from last season, and it's looking like it was a mistake, especially as Pellers doesn't see Nacho as a natural striker.

Plenty of chances? How many were on target?
It was easy for them, we played in front of them all game, it was not good. Nothing to be positive about, sadly.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

You agenda is obvious. If you think Pellers is at fault for today, then you really are deluded and blinkered.
Fuck it i will bite.

"Yes" i blame Pellegrini. We play boringly shit ,slowwwwwwwww coma inducing football .Pointless passing in the middle of the pitch for large proportions of every game. Occasionally we knock it out wide. Where crosses are aimlessly knocked in to the box to nobody in particular. That's our game plan every week. Plan B is pointless balls over the top. We cant defend any more for toffee. The only reason we kept a clean sheet with the Rags is because they are Dog Shit

The opposition now all sit off us, watch us pass our selves to death, lose the ball, and hit us on the counter. This is now starting to happen every week, we are so fucking predictable .We could have conceded another 3 goals tonight to an injury ravaged Juventus side in a game where a draw would have been a good result. We can only play one way end of story. There are no tactics on Pellegrini part involved.

Tonight was an improvement more thanks to Joe Hart.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 pm

london blue 2 wrote:After that crock of shite at the weekend we'd better fucking perform!

My sentiments precisely. And we didn't. Really annoyed with Pellegrini at the moment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:13 pm

sheblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cant really complain, a good showing tonight. Chances either way and with a bit more quality infront of goal we could have took it.

Still, we're through. Bring on Barca ........................ again!

True, as slow as our play has been, fern and Raheem missed sitters from a few yards out

I think the stats will back up how we all seen the game. We were more like the home side, winning the possession and having plenty of chances but not having the quality when it counted.

We decided not to fulfil the striking compliment we had from last season, and it's looking like it was a mistake, especially as Pellers doesn't see Nacho as a natural striker.

Plenty of chances? How many were on target?
It was easy for them, we played in front of them all game, it was not good. Nothing to be positive about, sadly.

Just because they weren't on target doesn't mean they weren't chances, does it? They set-up as if they were playing away, which is probably the best way to play against us. Whichever way you look at it (whether you just want to complain), we played pretty well and had chances to win the game.

I can't be arsed looking at the stats but I'd say we were fairly equal on attempts, just that they were more efficient in front of goal, making Joe work harder than Buffon. And that's why I mentioned that our transfer policy is having an affect on our season, knowing that we only have 2 recognised strikers, one who we all know can be out for half a season. Wouldn't swap him for the world though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 pm

Oh, and before we all have a go about how shit we play, we were awesome before injuries kicked in.

Food for thought.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Otamendi should be embarrassed. he's tatted up and fairly muscular yet he goes down like a plastic bag in the wind. this isn't La Liga. if he hadn't been trying to buy a foul maybe he could've prevented the goal. sure, it was a foul but in that situation you don't risk the ref not blowing for a foul.

Sterling. my god. how does a professional football player miss that chance? his finishing is dreadful.

Yaya? glad that he took it upon himself to play just as shit as he did at the weekend when he was hauled off early. jesus.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:22 pm

phips wrote:Otamendi should be embarrassed. he's tatted up and fairly muscular yet he goes down like a plastic bag in the wind. this isn't La Liga. if he hadn't been trying to buy a foul maybe he could've prevented the goal. sure, it was a foul but in that situation you don't risk the ref not blowing for a foul.

Sterling. my god. how does a professional football player miss that chance? his finishing is dreadful.

Yaya? glad that he took it upon himself to play just as shit as he did at the weekend when he was hauled off early. jesus.

i'm not going to disagree with any of that
(others probably will though...)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BrianF » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:23 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

You agenda is obvious. If you think Pellers is at fault for today, then you really are deluded and blinkered.
Fuck it i will bite.

"Yes" i blame Pellegrini. We play boringly shit ,slowwwwwwwww coma inducing football .Pointless passing in the middle of the pitch for large proportions of every game. Occasionally we knock it out wide. Where crosses are aimlessly knocked in to the box to nobody in particular. That's our game plan every week. Plan B is pointless balls over the top. We cant defend any more for toffee. The only reason we kept a clean sheet with the Rags is because they are Dog Shit

The opposition now all sit off us, watch us pass our selves to death, lose the ball, and hit us on the counter. This is now starting to happen every week, we are so fucking predictable .We could have conceded another 3 goals tonight to an injury ravaged Juventus side in a game where a draw would have been a good result. We can only play one way end of story. There are no tactics on Pellegrini part involved.

Tonight was an improvement more thanks to Joe Hart.

Sadly I have to agree with this
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
phips wrote:Otamendi should be embarrassed. he's tatted up and fairly muscular yet he goes down like a plastic bag in the wind. this isn't La Liga. if he hadn't been trying to buy a foul maybe he could've prevented the goal. sure, it was a foul but in that situation you don't risk the ref not blowing for a foul.

i'm not going to disagree with any of that
(others probably will though...)

I just want to know what his gripe is with Jesus.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 pm

We've got a team of divers mate, haven't you heard?

Otamendi did what any player would do if he's not getting there, at least try and stop the play. Now, contrast that with the Juve players who rolled around like absolute cunts. Nothing compares.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:28 pm

We had the two sitters missed by Fernandinho and Sterling, Fernando hit the post and Sergio had a half chance from the back pass. That's not bad against Juventus away. We could and should have scored tonight and got the draw
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Always going to be a tough ask tonight but generally I thought we played ok . Juve are extremely difficult to break down but we had 3 or 4 superb chances to score , as several posters have pointed out we HAVE to take those chances at this level in the CL . We have lost our cutting edge the last few weeks and so many injuries . Getting ready for Barca or Bayern yet again , oh well !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:06 am

As many have said, we had parity with Juventus tonight who are no mugs and we created enough to get a point. But fuck it was hard work watching it, particularly Ya Ya who cheated all night long. He really does look finished, no pace or power anymore, just drop deep and knock it ten feet. What disappoints is there is not a glimmer of a smile out there. Every player is struggling, low on confidence and taking wrong options. That is the worry. Obviously the injuries are crippling(lol) but I think it needs a new person to inject some fun and laughter. Pellers needs to go home and give his misses a decent seeing to.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby bigblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:06 am

Our passing looked extremely sloppy at times, even with no pressure on us. Passes around the back or deep in midfield are missing the target by 5/10/15 yards, others are being chipped up in the air unnecessarily. The result is us having a good deal of possession, but never looking actually settled because we're always under pressure by the time they control the wayward pass.

Just play 1-2 touch and pass the ball with speed on the ground to feet ffs. Look at how much sharper Barca's passing is than ours.

Movement off the ball was also shit. So many times when we had the ball we looked down a man because we aren't working as a team to make space off the ball. We just look so predictable at times. Play the ball across the back line, into Fern/Yaya, out to Sagna, up to Navas, back to Sagna, over to Fern, then to Yaya, wall pass with KDB/Sergio, back to Otter, over to Clichy, into Fern/Yaya, back to Demi, out to Sagna.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....Sometimes you could defend us with your eyes closed. Possession is nice, but there needs to be more purpose and desire.

We look miles better when on a fast break (which we have the perfect players for) because we push forward with a purpose. Also looked a bit better once Delph came on, but he also strangely played left wing as much as Gael. We only lost by a goal away to Juventus, but we need to get that spark back asap. Maybe at the moment, Silva is just that important to us though
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Oh, and before we all have a go about how shit we play, we were awesome before injuries kicked in.

Food for thought.

that's true isn't it?

i might have us now but i loved us in Sept.

anyway, today sucked for football but i got to hang with a friend and get a bit pissed and that's more important than how shit we were. FACT.

Humans i know > footballers i'll never meet.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:52 am

blues2win wrote:We had the two sitters missed by Fernandinho and Sterling, Fernando hit the post and Sergio had a half chance from the back pass. That's not bad against Juventus away. We could and should have scored tonight and got the draw

I thought that Aguero chance was more than a half chance, he just took the wrong option.

Don't forget Yaya's chance too, nice turn in the box but didn't get the purchase on his shot, unfortunately.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:54 am

blues2win wrote:We had the two sitters missed by Fernandinho and Sterling, Fernando hit the post and Sergio had a half chance from the back pass. That's not bad against Juventus away. We could and should have scored tonight and got the draw

Not to mention the free header from the corner that should of been better that yaya nearly got to and the sublime ball to Aguero from KDB that a sharp Aguero puts away or at the very least makes keeper work.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum