Andrea Pirlo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Andrea Pirlo

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
sheblue wrote:Was one of the best, but it's hard to see what he can add to the party now.

I don't mean to be rude but what are you on about? He was one of the best players in Serie A and the Champions League THIS calendar year.

the premier league is NOT serie a or the champions league...

The Champions League IS the Champions League. Besides which, he's passed England teams off the pitch in two successive international tournaments. No, you can't stick him alongside Yaya. Yes, you can stick him alongside Fernandinho.

There will be games when we have 20-30 minutes left and we either need to retain the ball or make something magic happen when we get it. He would be ideal candidate to pull off the bench.

Why on earth would anyone have an issue with us getting him in on loan? It's bonkers.

I just can't help but agree with ADVT.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:45 am

Not interested in Pirlo at all. I don't think he brings anything to us and would be backward step.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 am

We need energy not a old player spraying the ball around.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:38 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
sheblue wrote:Was one of the best, but it's hard to see what he can add to the party now.

I don't mean to be rude but what are you on about? He was one of the best players in Serie A and the Champions League THIS calendar year.

the premier league is NOT serie a or the champions league...

The Champions League IS the Champions League. Besides which, he's passed England teams off the pitch in two successive international tournaments. No, you can't stick him alongside Yaya. Yes, you can stick him alongside Fernandinho.

There will be games when we have 20-30 minutes left and we either need to retain the ball or make something magic happen when we get it. He would be ideal candidate to pull off the bench.

Why on earth would anyone have an issue with us getting him in on loan? It's bonkers.

My issues would be there's no room, if he came in it would likely mean Kelechi misses out on CL squad in January, we already have a deep lying playmaker that needs accommodating so we could do without another one.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am

Not for me. Have enough quality on the final third. Its the defence i am worried about and he would not add anything extra in that department
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:07 pm

I doubt this is going to happen, and for all of his quality, not understanding how he fits here right now. Villa would make more sense anyway.

Rumour was originally going to Inter on loan, but he already came out saying hashtagging something about false rumours or something.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby barryconlonsbaldspot » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Must say I agree with ADVT and would appear to be in the minority on this one. Can't help but think if he'd been playing against Liverpool we might not have capitulated when put under a little pressure. Always manages to make himself available and rarely misses a pass despite lacking in "energy."

I think he'd be perfect at picking the ball up from our back four and finding Silva in space in the final third. He would just need the right players alongside him.
barryconlonsbaldspot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Barry Conlon

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:35 pm

barryconlonsbaldspot wrote:Must say I agree with ADVT and would appear to be in the minority on this one. Can't help but think if he'd been playing against Liverpool we might not have capitulated when put under a little pressure. Always manages to make himself available and rarely misses a pass despite lacking in "energy."

I think he'd be perfect at picking the ball up from our back four and finding Silva in space in the final third. He would just need the right players alongside him.

He would but then there's Yaya, so.....
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby barryconlonsbaldspot » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
barryconlonsbaldspot wrote:Must say I agree with ADVT and would appear to be in the minority on this one. Can't help but think if he'd been playing against Liverpool we might not have capitulated when put under a little pressure. Always manages to make himself available and rarely misses a pass despite lacking in "energy."

You're spot on and I was tempted to add that part myself too but my childish enthusiasm for seeing Pirlo in a City shirt got the better of me and I left it out.
barryconlonsbaldspot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Barry Conlon

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:39 am

barryconlonsbaldspot wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

You're spot on and I was tempted to add that part myself too but my childish enthusiasm for seeing Pirlo in a City shirt got the better of me and I left it out.

Yeah I get that, it'd be great to see him in a City shirt but alas it doesn't make sense now.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:27 am

I'm scratching my head but I can't think of anyone we could've done with for the last 25 minutes last night.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:40 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I'm scratching my head but I can't think of anyone we could've done with for the last 25 minutes last night.

I proper goalscorer on the pitch that would have slotted home Sterling's sitter with ease.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Mase wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I'm scratching my head but I can't think of anyone we could've done with for the last 25 minutes last night.

I proper goalscorer on the pitch that would have slotted home Sterling's sitter with ease.

To be fair I don't think Sterling will miss a chance like that again for a long time. He hadn't been on the pitch very long and I think he just rushed the shot and snatched it due to eagerness. He isn't the finished article yet but it will come
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ray78 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Not worth it. He will be only here for a month before New York start their pre-season training.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:52 am

Ray78 wrote:Not worth it. He will be only here for a month before New York start their pre-season training.

Maybe we could shaft NYCFC again and keep him longer, if he performs. I'd do it just to see their dimwitted fans squirm.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Dave Silva?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ray78 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:51 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Ray78 wrote:Not worth it. He will be only here for a month before New York start their pre-season training.

Maybe we could shaft NYCFC again and keep him longer, if he performs. I'd do it just to see their dimwitted fans squirm.

With us loaning Lampard last season he was still a useful player during the first part. Pirlo will not have the time to make an impact and would be waste of a Champions League squad place, and wouldn't piss off the New York City supporters that much.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Dave Silva?

Yep. Would've been nice. Also, Pirlo.

Still can't believe the majority wouldn't have him for free on a 3- or 4-month deal. I'm convinced you've all taken leave of your senses.

Vieira and Pizarro. Tried and tested.
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:21 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Dave Silva?

Yep. Would've been nice. Also, Pirlo.

Still can't believe the majority wouldn't have him for free on a 3- or 4-month deal. I'm concinced you've all taken leave of your senses.

Vieira and Pizarro. Tried and tested.

Same. It's shocking. This is Pirlo we're discussing.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum