Is Ya Ya Finished...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Ya Ya Finished...

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Dhino and Delph should be in there yaya on the bench.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:08 pm

On Yaya dropping deep. IMO he's the best in the league at controlling the game from there when in possession. The problem is that when not in possession he is near invisible.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:The blind love for Yaya and refusal to accept he offers nothing for the team when he doesn't want to is worse than my love for Al

Blind love ??? Yaya has been immense for us for most of his career at City , absolute pivotal in our title winning years and FA cup success earning legend status along the way ......... How can you not respect a player who has achieved that for your club is beyond me ??? Yes every player has a shelf life and age is catching up with him but he is far from finished . Making Yaya a scapegoat for the shit tactics and team selection Pellegrini employed is just wrong IMHO .

Who's saying they don't respect what he's done for the club mate?

Making him the scapegoat for Saturday is just ridiculous mate .

I think it was a number of things. But the problem with Yaya is that because he's so good, the times when he's half arsed and lazy really get noticed more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Folks are really harsh sometimes.

Yes, his drawbacks now are quite evident, but his qualities are also being severely underrated by some here as well.

I agree, as part of a two man central midfield against certain opposition he is not the wisest choice (i.e. Liverpool, Tottenham).

Didn't help that his team mates let us down too, so stop with Yaya's mostly the problem on the pitch.

He's a City legend for all his contributions over the years, a leader to his team mates that apparently is lost on some, and one of the best midfielders of his generation.

The cakegate episode was not great, sure, but as a player of his quality over the years, his feelings of frustration over how he has been treated by the English media is not exactly a far off thing to raise compared to his white, and English peers.

He was performing quite well for the first few months of the season which was apparently forgotten, and he had some very big moments when our form was better. He is also at least able to play almost every game, which as much as I love Silva, Vinnie, and Kun, cannot be said and has caused us problems when it comes to reaching our true level of ability as a team. Honestly? That is perhaps more frustrating, because at least with Yaya at this point you know what to expect, because he can't run around like he used to. He is not 27 anymore.

Pellegrini is more at fault in this case for the Liverpool game.

Funny though, that Pellegrini actually played Yaya as a no.10 with the two Ferns against Tottenham when we got battered against the high press, yet Yaya did tweak his hamstring, and our back line also struggled and Willy was fairly awful. Oh, but it was Yaya who set up our only goal anyway.

How about his performance against Sevilla as well? How quickly folks forget.

Who cares?...he's always the scapegoat for some here.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:03 pm

its because we know what yaya can do, so when he carnt be arsed we moan, if hes having a bad game I can cope with, but having a bad game and not trying I cannot cope with. there will still be a MCFC even when he leaves
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:38 pm

One angry burst of power took him past pogba with ease tonight to create an opening.... In the fucking 92nd minute.

That's why people dislike him. He's a half hearted lazy fucking awesome player.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:41 pm

He can do one.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 pm

What said it all to me was close to the end he 'attempted' a pass to Sagna that was no where near him and Juve got it back. He didn't leg it back to get the ball back, just looked at Sagna and threw his arms up as if to say 'sorry but I just can't be arsed'
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:50 pm

london blue 2 wrote: He's a half hearted lazy fucking awesome player.

Kind if sums it up. Needs dropping and it drumming home to him that he can't just turn up whenever he feels like it. It's a team game and when he's half arsed he isn't playing for the team.

Yes the man is a legend, yes he's won us so much and helped us get to where we are at. However when he appears half arsed he's a thorn in our side.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby PrezIke » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:02 am

london blue 2 wrote:One angry burst of power took him past pogba with ease tonight to create an opening.... In the fucking 92nd minute.

Because he can't run like he used to the entire game or he will be even more exposed, nor will he be able to use pace at times to help in areas he can/needs to do well.

Can you recall many "Yaya powerful runs" like he used to?

***sfx***

crickets

He's old and has to use his bursts wisely and sporadically.

He burst past Pogba in the 92nd minute was likely because he cares more than folks seem to realise I see, and is desperate to help the team.

Like with that long shot over the bar when maybe he should have passed. Was that the best idea? Well, maybe not, although not that poor, but we couldn't break Juve down at all with their setup the entire game (something we are not able to do against similar opposition...to me they are a better Chelsea in approach against us at least).

The next time we were on the attack he passed it to Raheem who crossed it, but the Juve back line defence was again immense, shut it down and no one was there. They were like Norwich with talent and a real counter attack, hence my Chelsea comparison. Boring as all hell, but organised, and punishing. We are highly vulnerable to such teams under Pellegrini, as we wish to be Barca/Real/Bayern, but not there for various reasons, some of which includes several of our best players rarely being fit for any significant period.

I hear reasons that "all teams have to cope with this." (injuries) Bollocks. Does Barca?

Messi was gone for a bit this season, but I never hear he, Saurez, nor Neymar injured so often. Nor were Iniesta nor Xavi in the past.

We have a real problem that I am starting to realise may never go away, unless we get lucky enough.

We will win in England sometimes, but some of our fans underrate the Champions League when it exposes our weaknesses more because teams are higher in quality/are winning clubs who use tactics less winning/lesser quality clubs in England may find effective against us, while we also fail to have our best players fit to counter this. need players who don't get hurt so much. Otherwise we are a better-ish Arsenal who...surprise...hasn't even won the league for ages.

As for Yaya, we were likely ready to move on from him to Pogba but that didn't happen. We still need him, but our setup and lack of Silva/Komps/Kun able to perform at there best level is apparently forgotten in all of this, as when we have all of them fit we are a top 5 team in Europe if you ask me, especially with KDB, and some others who are helping. Sad Joe is hurt as he has been immense. I am even more worried now, but maybe this is the new version of "typical City" we have to cope with as fans.

Peace.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby roblues » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 am

PrezIke wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:One angry burst of power took him past pogba with ease tonight to create an opening.... In the fucking 92nd minute.

Because he can't run like he used to the entire game or he will be even more exposed, nor will he be able to use pace at times to help in areas he can/needs to do well.

Can you recall many "Yaya powerful runs" like he used to?

***sfx***

crickets

He's old and has to use his bursts wisely and sporadically.

He burst past Pogba in the 92nd minute was likely because he cares more than folks seem to realise I see, and is desperate to help the team.

If he's wise enough to know that we'll only be 1-0 down with two minutes to go and he could save the game with a huge run, he might as well stand still for the first 92 minutes and really feel the benefit.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby horlock2000 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Yaya is a big part of our problem at the moment. It seems the team have outgrown him and he looks as though hes aged 10 years in 1 year. His lack of mobility is absolutely embarrassing for a footballer at times. There's no way he'd get in the side for me when everyone's fit.

I do agree with everyone saying about how good he is blah blah blah, but what use is that when hes looking half arsed, dawdling around in the midfield (especially when we haven't got the ball). I think theres too much sentiment being attached to Yaya now and his best days are almost definitely behind him.
The guys been amazing for us and scored some unbelievably important goals, but for me the time has come to start looking for a replacement.

Dinho with Fernando or Delph would be my holders and the three in front have to be Silva, KDB, Navas/Sterling/Nasri (When everyone's fit)

For me, Yaya isn't one of the players that can play behind Aguero, as not only does he fail to press the ball high up the pitch, but he struggles to dictate the game as he did when he was deeper in the DM position facing the play (Thats why MP played him there, cos we all know its not for his defensive abilities).
horlock2000
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ray78 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:52 pm

I wasn't at all happy with his comments and the way he treated the club post title win but he still is an influential player.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:35 pm

No he isn't finished.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:41 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:No he isn't finished.

Good. Glad that's cleared up then.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby gaudy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:19 pm

He's not finished........... he just doesn't give a fuck.

Its been gradually going that way a while now,i think he thinks he's irreplaceable ,hes not.
Tough love and bench him until he has the fight back
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Sentiment aside and yes Yaya has been truely magnificent for us , a legend , world class footballer BUT the real issue now which is dividing us fans is the Yaya we have today worth 220 K a week ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 pm

City64 wrote:Sentiment aside and yes Yaya has been truely magnificent for us , a legend , world class footballer BUT the real issue now which is dividing us fans is the Yaya we have today worth 220 K a week ?

Really, the money is the issue? Surely not, surely the issue is whether he's helping or hindering the team?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:Sentiment aside and yes Yaya has been truely magnificent for us , a legend , world class footballer BUT the real issue now which is dividing us fans is the Yaya we have today worth 220 K a week ?

Really, the money is the issue? Surely not, surely the issue is whether he's helping or hindering the team?

Too right the money is an issue , 1 million quid a month to a bone idle cunt is a serious waste of money to a lot of city fans of course that's an issue . Anyone thinking it isn't needs to pull the wool from over there eyes !!! Yeah you carry on being half arsed Yaya but pick up your million every month WTF ???? Of course it is now an issue for a player who seemingly not now worth that outlay of money , there must be better value out there surely is what fans are now saying .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm

City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Too right the money is an issue , 1 million quid a month to a bone idle cunt is a serious waste of money to a lot of city fans of course that's an issue . Anyone thinking it isn't needs to pull the wool from over there eyes !!! Yeah you carry on being half arsed Yaya but pick up your million every month WTF ???? Of course it is now an issue for a player who seemingly not now worth that outlay of money , there must be better value out there surely is what fans are now saying .

Fair enough mate, that's your prerogative, for me who's paid what or who cost what is irrelevant.

I just can't get my head around that way of thinking. It's like the other day when there was talk of Messi coming, some start talking about how much it would cost and whether it was worth it. Why does that matter to fans? Surely all that should matter is the prospect of the best player in the world playing for your club, getting the chance or the privilege to watch him week in week out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum