Is Ya Ya Finished...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Ya Ya Finished...

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:Sentiment aside and yes Yaya has been truely magnificent for us , a legend , world class footballer BUT the real issue now which is dividing us fans is the Yaya we have today worth 220 K a week ?

Really, the money is the issue? Surely not, surely the issue is whether he's helping or hindering the team?

Too right the money is an issue , 1 million quid a month to a bone idle cunt is a serious waste of money to a lot of city fans of course that's an issue . Anyone thinking it isn't needs to pull the wool from over there eyes !!! Yeah you carry on being half arsed Yaya but pick up your million every month WTF ???? Of course it is now an issue for a player who seemingly not now worth that outlay of money , there must be better value out there surely is what fans are now saying .

Fair enough mate, that's your prerogative, for me who's paid what or who cost what is irrelevant.

I just can't get my head around that way of thinking. It's like the other day when there was talk of Messi coming, some start talking about how much it would cost and whether it was worth it. Why does that matter to fans? Surely all that should matter is the prospect of the best player in the world playing for your club, getting the chance or the privilege to watch him week in week out.

I think the majority of City fans except the issue you are pointing out but the fact Yaya is hopelessly out of form , looks unfit and to many at the Etihad including me last Saturday he looked totally half arsed / lazy as fuck call it what you want in the 2nd half . Our holding midfielders were running themselves into the round whilst Yaya was "missing" and Soton came right back into the game . Its a huge issue now which needs addressing .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:05 pm

From the club's official "Vine":

#onthisday in 2014, @yayatoure's rocket set up a fine 3-0 win at #saintsfc . #mcfc

https://vine.co/v/iaYTlYg7MuQ
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 am

bigblue wrote:From the club's official "Vine":

#onthisday in 2014, @yayatoure's rocket set up a fine 3-0 win at #saintsfc . #mcfc

Feel free to post links to all his rockets this season.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

If the club post them I'll be sure to. Just relaying a good memory from the club
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:12 pm

No-one is forgetting the player he was, but that's not the same player we have.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:55 pm

I actually think a lot of people are forgetting the player he was, and massively underestimating what he can still bring to the team. A lot of people never even recognized how incredible he was when he was at his peak ("What does he actually do...")

That last goal is just ridiculous by the way. Never seen such a great strike look so effortless. And that's probably what's hurt him with getting more respect. He always makes great plays look so easy (even compared to other top players). So a lot of people just mistake his natural mannerisms and playing style for lack of care/effort.

City legend? No doubt. Same player? No. Still a leader in the team and great asset to have? Of course.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:23 pm

This was better

Watch on youtube.com
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Grandad Rosler » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Yaya on his day is an absolutely unstoppable beast but those days now come few and far between.

I'm in the use more sparingly camp / substitute sooner camp myself. Can definitely see his merit within the side but he is as frustrating as hell these days
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby ruralblue » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:43 pm

bigblue wrote:I actually think a lot of people are forgetting the player he was, and massively underestimating what he can still bring to the team.

Don't think the majority are forgetting the force he was at all andany have spoken about what he has helped us achieve. He does still have something to bring to the club but I feel what's getting people fustrated is that his effort seems to have gone downhill rapidly.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 pm

ruralblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:I actually think a lot of people are forgetting the player he was, and massively underestimating what he can still bring to the team.

Don't think the majority are forgetting the force he was at all andany have spoken about what he has helped us achieve. He does still have something to bring to the club but I feel what's getting people fustrated is that his effort seems to have gone downhill rapidly.

I don't even think, it's lack of effort, TBH.
I respect the guy and love what he has done for us and would like to keep his experience at the club.
I do think his legs are going and he should start to wind down and not be an automatic choice. Use him more sparingly especially in matches we can manage without him.
Eventually the team will adapt to manage without him in matches that they can't do so, currently.
All great careers come to an end sometime.
I think Yaya's is definitely in the end game.
It doesn't mean we won't get some more magic moments out of him. Before he's done.
Just stop relying on him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:38 am

I respect the guy and love what he has done for us and would like to keep his experience at the club.
I do think his legs are going and he should start to wind down and not be an automatic choice. Use him more sparingly especially in matches we can manage without him.
Eventually the team will adapt to manage without him in matches that they can't do so, currently.
It doesn't mean we won't get some more magic moments out of him. Before he's done.

Yeah, that about sums it up for me. If he's not carrying a knock or has some mental issue at the moment, this is what he's capable of now. He's still a great player but he probably needs to rest more. Nowadays it seems all the opposition needs to do is send their striker running at him and he's out of balance. That didn't use to be the case.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:52 pm

He's being very selfish because he is desperate and trying so hard to score.

Not necessarily a bad thing but please can you let Kev take the free kicks now Yaya?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:45 am

bigblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

If the club post them I'll be sure to. Just relaying a good memory from the club

I doubt there is a single Blue who is, or would ever, deny the memories. But Colin Bell gave us great memories. Should he be in the team as well?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:53 am

Memories memories memories fantastic stuff, but would rather look to the future. His replacement should be with the squad now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I doubt there is a single Blue who is, or would ever, deny the memories. But Colin Bell gave us great memories. Should he be in the team as well?

Yes, put in him, but he might need to play a bit deeper now.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

I agree with your points, but we don't currently have anyone to take over his role.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby PrezIke » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:15 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

I agree with your points, but we don't currently have anyone to take over his role.

All this 100%.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:49 pm

We still miss him when he doesn't play. Instead of the watershed moment that spells the end, Saturday's effort emphasised that he is still important to us.
If anybody would sooner play Fernando over him, they are clearly pissed.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Bump!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Yes.

For another few weeks after tonight's effort.....Welldone Yaya.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum