Pellegrini's Selections

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pellegrini's Selections

Postby TGR » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:33 pm

sheblue wrote:I didn't see the game today, but generally these injury excuses are nonsense. It does not explain why the fit players on the field play so badly.

Because the manager has no tactical plan whatsoever.
He cannot motivate them.
He is a dead man walking and the players know it and so does he.
He is very much out of his depth.
I could continue but why bother?
<yawn.....>
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby TGR » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Oh and whilst I'm at it...
This season so far we have scored less goals than Leicester. We have conceded more goals than Stoke and we have
conceded the same number of goals as Watford.

Where is the progress with this manager?
He was brought in to take us to the next level - which to be fair he has done.
However it's the next level down!
His time is up.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Not a fan then?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tim777 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:40 pm

TGR wrote:Oh and whilst I'm at it...
This season so far we have scored less goals than Leicester. We have conceded more goals than Stoke and we have

His time is up.

You’re like a mosquito flying around the board dropping your malaria wherever you can. Not even the deadliest insecticide seems to faze you.

Two trophies in his first year (2013/2014) - next level down?
Top 2 last year (2014-2015) - next level down?
Progressing past CL group stages in all three years - next level down?
Top PL spot for the majority of this season - next level down?

For one who purports to be a frequent match-goer and who on more than one occasion has derided fans who cannot attend matches, you seem miles more glory-seeking than those living thousands of miles away from you.

Sure, there are problems in our camp, which we are all upset over.
If you were remotely(sic) intuitive, you'd realise that it likely stems from one or more of the combination of the Pep rumours / injuries / our ambition to compete on all four fronts, and if you were to exercise less cuntishness than you do, you wouldn't get a fraction of the amount of slagging off in your direction which you so richly deserve.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:00 pm

United spinning they're not in for Guardiola. Looks like preemptive shit before he comes here.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:33 am

bayblue wrote:At least no one is blaming Yaya.
Who knows - maybe we missed him

I tried to, but apparently no one was biting. It's still his fault anyway and I'd wish everyone would just see how apparent it is.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:58 am

Annnnnnd he's piping right back up again.

Fucking troll.
Original Dub

Postby TGR » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Tim777 wrote:

His time is up.

You’re like a mosquito flying around the board dropping your malaria wherever you can. Not even the deadliest insecticide seems to faze you.

For one who purports to be a frequent match-goer and who on more than one occasion has derided fans who cannot attend matches, you seem miles more glory-seeking than those living thousands of miles away from you.

If you were remotely(sic) intuitive, you'd realise that it likely stems from one or more of the combination of the Pep rumours / injuries / our ambition to compete on all four fronts, and if you were to exercise less cuntishness than you do, you wouldn't get a fraction of the amount of slagging off in your direction which you so richly deserve.

if you think the current form is acceptable - then thats great. It is in fact the form of mid table mediocrity.
The rumours of Pep potentially coming does not effect the players on the pitch at all - to say it does it pure and utter nonsense.
Injuries: Every team has injuries. Look at Arsenal anf the rags - they have more than their fair share of injuries also. So that's another excuse
crosssed off the list.
Our ambition to compete on all four fronts: With the squad we have and the very significant financial investment that has been made since Mr Motivator took over (circa £260m) we should be able to do so. Nobody expects any team to win all four trophies - ever.
Once again yesterday he set up the team completely wrong. Mark Hughes simply copied what Klopp did to us against Liverpool and it worked again.
He didn't even make any changes at half time FFS and we were completely over run in the first half. It could have easily been at least 4-0 by half time.
Why didn't he hook Bony after 25 minutes or so? He was so off the pace and not in the game we were literally playing with 10 men. Why not change it?
Because he doesn't know how to change it - that's why.
Our defence is totally shambolic. Every single time a cross comes in they appear to crap themselves. No organisation, no structure, no plan.
Not so long agao we had the best defence in the PL for three years on the trot. Not anymore we don't.
It was embarrassing against Spurs. It was embarrassing against Liverpool. It was embarrassing again yesterday against Stoke City. Yes - Stoke City literally played us off the park and embarrassed us. If you think that is acceptable then as I say that's fine and bully for you. However, I can tell you that amongst the City fans at the Brittania yesterday not a single City fan thought that it was acceptable. To a man they didn't.
If being a 'happy clapper' keeps you happy then good for you fella.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Must be the only manager to boost the opposition like he does. Makes player availability statements when no need too. Shows a lack of understanding of the dangers. Refuses to see the most bleeding obvious. On his last legs for me, due to the cosy environment we have when compared to the hunger teams are showing v us. Over run all over the pitch, he does nothing but like for like changes. MDM is his go to which sums it up, old slow and happy to see out the season, no way is that healthy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:37 pm

TGR wrote:
Tim777 wrote:

His time is up.

if you think the current form is acceptable - then thats great. It is in fact the form of mid table mediocrity.
The rumours of Pep potentially coming does not effect the players on the pitch at all - to say it does it pure and utter nonsense.
Injuries: Every team has injuries. Look at Arsenal anf the rags - they have more than their fair share of injuries also. So that's another excuse
crosssed off the list.
Our ambition to compete on all four fronts: With the squad we have and the very significant financial investment that has been made since Mr Motivator took over (circa £260m) we should be able to do so. Nobody expects any team to win all four trophies - ever.
Once again yesterday he set up the team completely wrong. Mark Hughes simply copied what Klopp did to us against Liverpool and it worked again.
He didn't even make any changes at half time FFS and we were completely over run in the first half. It could have easily been at least 4-0 by half time.
Why didn't he hook Bony after 25 minutes or so? He was so off the pace and not in the game we were literally playing with 10 men. Why not change it?
Our defence is totally shambolic. Every single time a cross comes in they appear to crap themselves. No organisation, no structure, no plan.
Not so long agao we had the best defence in the PL for three years on the trot. Not anymore we don't.
It was embarrassing against Spurs. It was embarrassing against Liverpool. It was embarrassing again yesterday against Stoke City. Yes - Stoke City literally played us off the park and embarrassed us. If you think that is acceptable then as I say that's fine and bully for you. However, I can tell you that amongst the City fans at the Brittania yesterday not a single City fan thought that it was acceptable. To a man they didn't.

How the fuck do you know what effect the Pep rumours have on the player's mentality?

Look at Arsenal and Rag's injuries? Where are they in comparison to us? If they were streets ahead you might have a point. Of course injuries have an effect.

We are competing on all four fronts, open your fucking eyes.

I've argued elsewhere about the set up, it doesn't really make any odds what way you set up if all 11 players aren't giving their all. And I don't just mean Bony, I mean the majority of the fucking team.

Saying he doesn't how to change things is also bullshit. He has played a number of different systems in his tenure here as he has done in his time in La Liga too.

Riddle me this TGR, we set up with three centre mids against Spurs in Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya yet still had our arses handed to us, why did that happen?

He deserves criticism for not having his players properly motivated. Why for example are they motivated to play Hull but not to play Liverpool? But the rest of your analysis on him is nonsense.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
TGR wrote:
Tim777 wrote:

His time is up.

crosssed off the list.

How the fuck do you know what effect the Pep rumours have on the player's mentality?

Look at Arsenal and Rag's injuries? Where are they in comparison to us? If they were streets ahead you might have a point. Of course injuries have an effect.

I've argued elsewhere about the set up, it doesn't really make any odds what way you set up if all 11 players aren't giving their all. And I don't just mean Bony, I mean the majority of the fucking team.

Saying he doesn't how to change things is also bullshit. He has played a number of different systems in his tenure here as he has done in his time in La Liga too.

Riddle me this TGR, we set up with three centre mids against Spurs in Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya yet still had our arses handed to us, why did that happen?

He deserves criticism for not having his players properly motivated. Why for example are they motivated to play Hull but not to play Liverpool? But the rest of your analysis on him is nonsense.

You simply cannot use the Spurs game for any argument !

Spurs won that game because of clearly dubious ( many times over !), Officiating.

No team can live with such bad reffing.That cnut was upto it yesterday too, some very strange reffing. Crickey they even showed how he was looking at Sterling getting tripped and did nothing.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby TGR » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:30 pm

zuricity wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
TGR wrote:
Tim777 wrote:

His time is up.

crosssed off the list.

Spurs won that game because of clearly dubious ( many times over !), Officiating.

No team can live with such bad reffing.That cnut was upto it yesterday too, some very strange reffing. Crickey they even showed how he was looking at Sterling getting tripped and did nothing.

Oh c'mon fella!
Don't even think about blaming the officials for pasting we were on the wrong end of yesterday FFS,
One offiside decision against Spurs I give you but overall we took a battering there as well.
Our current problems do not stem from bad officials at all.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:44 pm

TGR wrote:
Oh c'mon fella!
Don't even think about blaming the officials for pasting we were on the wrong end of yesterday FFS,
One offiside decision against Spurs I give you but overall we took a battering there as well.
Our current problems do not stem from bad officials at all.

So what happened against Spurs then, he played the system that everyone seems to be calling for??????
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:00 pm

TGR wrote:
zuricity wrote:.

His time is up.

crosssed off the list.
If being a 'happy clapper' keeps you happy then good for you fella.[/quote]

He deserves criticism for not having his players properly motivated. Why for example are they motivated to play Hull but not to play Liverpool? But the rest of your analysis on him is nonsense.[/quote]

No team can live with such bad reffing.That cnut was upto it yesterday too, some very strange reffing. Crickey they even showed how he was looking at Sterling getting tripped and did nothing.[/quote]

Oh c'mon fella!
Our current problems do not stem from bad officials at all.[/quote]

Who said the Officiating cost us the game yesterday?
I didn't , i simply highlighted how bad that cnut was yesterday

Do you want another example of how really bad they were yesterday ?

Try this

Everybody in the world could see that the storm that was ripping through the country was causing problems .

We clearly saw in the second half that Kdb was struggling even to take any corners.

I'll bet you to a man that none of the Stoke players would have bitched and moaned about the ball moving a little bit as KdB tried to take a corner.

You might think he was time wasting trying to put a little divot into the corner quarter circle to take those free kicks. The tosser of a linesman is standing over him when it was embarrassinly obvious that the wind made it impossible to keep the ball still.
So what happens as Kevin finally is able to approach the ball for the corner kick , as it rolls he kicks it and those tossers,Ref and linesmen call him out because the ball was moving !

So who's taking the piss ?

Ycnmiu !

First half , linesman about three yards AHEAD of the line plays the Stoke forward on for a clear attempt on goal.

Second half, Shawcross (if i remember correctly ). body checking Fernando out of the game.

We played bad but nevertheless there are some very strange decisions being made, time and time again and it's not just in one match
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Stoke coped with elements, Shakiri and Bojan abused us all game and the goal scorer strolled around like Ibra, would. I have a theory the first goal makes or breaks us. The defeats 4 of them have a theme high press and energy. 1-2 V West Ham was runners. We got into it in the end but lost. The dippers was scary, Spurs the ref had a mare but 2nd half was again like yesterday young players running rings around us 2-0 flattered us at Stoke. Genuinely worried gladbach will go for us and target MDM which sadly us what teams will do. Going under the radar Kolarov, got ripped yesterday. Fernando not sure what he offers, certainly not a screen of a slow back 4, sadly not an upgrade on Garcia. Pellers will get fired if this goes on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Stoke coped with elements, Shakiri and Bojan abused us all game and the goal scorer strolled around like Ibra, would. I have a theory the first goal makes or breaks us. The defeats 4 of them have a theme high press and energy. 1-2 V West Ham was runners. We got into it in the end but lost. The dippers was scary, Spurs the ref had a mare but 2nd half was again like yesterday young players running rings around us 2-0 flattered us at Stoke. Genuinely worried gladbach will go for us and target MDM which sadly us what teams will do. Going under the radar Kolarov, got ripped yesterday. Fernando not sure what he offers, certainly not a screen of a slow back 4, sadly not an upgrade on Garcia. Pellers will get fired if this goes on.

Again, i don't call Kane's offside goal running rings around us, Spurs didn't.

However you do have a point about teams running at us and Pellegrini wanted MdM who is clearly way off the pace now and Sagna is too old and slow

Otamendi for a muscular fella goes to the floor like a liverpool striker does and Mangala , well big and clumsy a la Dunnie M.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:18 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Stoke coped with elements, Shakiri and Bojan abused us all game and the goal scorer strolled around like Ibra, would. I have a theory the first goal makes or breaks us. The defeats 4 of them have a theme high press and energy. 1-2 V West Ham was runners. We got into it in the end but lost. The dippers was scary, Spurs the ref had a mare but 2nd half was again like yesterday young players running rings around us 2-0 flattered us at Stoke. Genuinely worried gladbach will go for us and target MDM which sadly us what teams will do. Going under the radar Kolarov, got ripped yesterday. Fernando not sure what he offers, certainly not a screen of a slow back 4, sadly not an upgrade on Garcia. Pellers will get fired if this goes on.

Again, i don't call Kane's offside goal running rings around us, Spurs didn't.

However you do have a point about teams running at us and Pellegrini wanted MdM who is clearly way off the pace now and Sagna is too old and slow

Otamendi for a muscular fella goes to the floor like a liverpool striker does and Mangala , well big and clumsy a la Dunnie M.

I was there mate 2nd half could have been anything. The towel went in and yes Clattenburg did his usual , I have an idea !. Our high line no pressure on the ball is on a DVD in every clubs planning for us. MDM a true pro must have nightmares about it. Messi megged Milner it is that each time MDM gets young mobile forwards around him, almost cruel.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Anyway the brollyman seems to have klapped Klops Folding Directors chair together for him.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Think CL has an effect on the current level of play.
It is a distraction and does affect PL performances.
In past seasons always noticed a trend that the teams playing in the CL had very mixed form in PL both before and after CL games.
I can't give you examples - I 'noticed' - so its a perception (but I think it is an accurate one).

There will be no CL to distract over XMAS and NY - so looking forward to see what happens then.

Worryingly though it looks like we just cannot perform consistently without a fit Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Kun.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Tim777 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:41 pm

TGR wrote:if you think the current form is acceptable - then thats great. It is in fact the form of mid table mediocrity.

TGR wrote:if you think being a 'happy clapper' keeps you happy then good for you fella.

Wow, your comprehension skills are really impeccable. Nowhere in my post did I mention or even insinuate that I find our current form acceptable (which I don't). Do read it again, please, and again after that if you really think you saw something like that in it.

I did mention that we are all not happy with our performance, ie. Pellegrini's and the team's.

The reason you are ruffling up a lot of feathers on this board is because it clearly looks like you are having a go at all and sundry to do with the club like you are opposition/neutral from the outside looking in, not the way a fan would approach banter about the issues we are having.

We all mention what is wrong and what we think needs to happen for things to improve, but you fella, on the other hand, are just on a one-way slagging mission - bob your head, get some closer introspection, look back at some of your posts and you'll hopefully have a clearer idea what I'm on about.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum